Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
I will FC! I have been mulling a South Pacific campaign for a while now. I have bought a couple GREAT reference books about the land and air battles (one book on each by same author) in the Solomons/New Guinea. With this, I think I could build a top notch branching campaign for 4.12. This is a map that really needs it's own campaign too, in the worst kind of way. Plus, since the Ki-45 was added, they will be that much more realistic, as all the other aircraft needed were present.
Except the A6M3 Model 22 I was looking into this area too.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

This is true Ice, I was just going to use the A6M3 we have in game as a stand in. No worse then the people who used the Bf-110 as a stand in for the Ki-45, right? I would be interested in collaborating if you are, one takes PNG and the other the Solomons? Just some ideas, they both need campaigns in the worst way.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

FC99 pm sent.

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBlonde View Post
Could somebody please explain this branched campaign stuff? Sounds interesting.
Take a look at attached pictures. This might help you. It is not visible on pictures but branched campaigns can have "horizontal randomization" too, I just didn't add that option there to make pictures easier to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I'm not sure how branching would or should work in the IL-2 context. Would ever mission have a branch or just key missions with specific events.
Branching is just a tool, it's up to you to decide how to use it. You can branch after every mission, you can branch the branch and end up with hundred branches or you can use branches to only spice up your campaign with few bonus missions for those who are performing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
Branching could be interesting, but the workload for mission-builders would be at least doubled for a given length of campaign.
Not necessarily, they can always make linear campaign, branching is an option and depends solely on mission makers.

But what about joint ventures, if you write good story you can put several linear campaigns made by different authors into single branched campaign.

Quote:
Improvements to DGen may be more worthwhile. Apparently the creator, Starshoy, was found and it's being worked on.
We are not in touch with DGen creators, we might try to contact them.

FC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bcmp.jpg (93.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Ncmp.jpg (61.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC99 View Post
We are not in touch with DGen creators, we might try to contact them.
Some days ago Asura told me he tried to contact Daidalos Team via mail, please check the DT mailbox.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
Some days ago Asura told me he tried to contact Daidalos Team via mail, please check the DT mailbox.
Rgr, found it.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

I'm no mission maker, but a fully realized New Guinea campaign would get me flying offline, which as you know I don't do by and large.

The air war in New Guinea is one of the most overlooked, yet critically important campaigns in the entire Pacifc war. It was a grueling campaign that went on for 2 years or so. It tested the mettle of man and machine in a way that no 2 or 3 day carrier operation ever did, and it gutted the Imperial Japanese Army Flying Corps. It robbed them of their best and most experienced pilots and crews. It saw the operational introduction of their first "modern" army fighter, the Ki-61, which forced the US Army to allocate P 38s to New Guinea instead of other areas where their long range was needed as well.

And from my personal interest perspective, it was in many ways the "shining hour" of P 40 operations in WW2. The Curtiss Hawks served from the beginning till the end of the New Guinea Campaign with the USAAF and the ANZAC air forces, first primarily as a fighter then later it's capabilities as a very competent fighter bomber shown through.

Also it would mean someone would have to make a P40 N model for the sim... Hint, hint.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Last edited by ElAurens; 01-21-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post

Asura? from aviaskins? soon will be new Dgen? ))))
Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
Asura? from aviaskins? soon will be new Dgen? ))))
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=2337
Old 01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittle View Post
This is true Ice, I was just going to use the A6M3 we have in game as a stand in. No worse then the people who used the Bf-110 as a stand in for the Ki-45, right? I would be interested in collaborating if you are, one takes PNG and the other the Solomons? Just some ideas, they both need campaigns in the worst way.
Well a few months ago I did lay out a historical/semi-historical Blacksheep campaign with the F4U-1A and the second deployment of the squadron from when it was actually called the Blacksheep.

For it to be truly accurate I would need a A6M3 Type 22. Also the B-24D which is coming along. When we do get the B-24D the Solomons map is perfect for operations with the strategic size of the map.

New Guinea looks and sounds really interesting too...if we get the rest of that map then I'd love to do a Ki-61 campaign for it. I've already done a Ki-61 campaign but I'd love to do another. Or... even a Ki-43.. or Ki-45 campaign. I love the Japanese types. I probably don't have time to do full length of any of these campaigns but I could probably do shorter ones like I usually do.