Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Well, i deleted the whole file (ses.kfs), steam replaced it and the crash still occurs as soon as the ice dragon reveives the final blow. This sucks.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Do you have any .lua files outside of the ses.kfs file?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Do you have any .lua files outside of the ses.kfs file?
none. at least not in the addon folder. just .loc files.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Well, as at least a temporary fix, you could follow the instructions listed in this post, apparently it's been helpful for some people suffering from the bug. I just wish it was affecting everyone, it'd be easier to diagnose and fix.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well, as at least a temporary fix, you could follow the instructions listed in this post, apparently it's been helpful for some people suffering from the bug. I just wish it was affecting everyone, it'd be easier to diagnose and fix.
thanks, man, I'll try that tomorrow and let ya know if it worked.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

meh, sorry, i already used that one. It's altering the line but that does help except for the quest when you have to kill 3 of them for the dwarven king. By altering the second line the quest does not count the kills anymore and therefore no game progress. Thanks, tho.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Ok, I found out what the problem was (found a way to trigger it, not sure why it wasn't always triggering). Going to add it to the bugfix pack now.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ok, I found out what the problem was (found a way to trigger it, not sure why it wasn't always triggering). Going to add it to the bugfix pack now.
Funny, this helps but it only counts 2 of 3 killed but you still get a pop-up "You killed ALL ice dragons..." and the quest progresses.
Well, thank you for your support and help, much appreciated!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Little follow-up. Finished the game on impossible, didn't get the achievement on steam. I was wondering the whole time why none of the players who own this title on steam have accomplished this achievement. probably just like me, didn't get it. this game need some serious work. Really, why would I buy the next title expecting the same difficulties? If I was processing my work the developers did on this title I would have been fired ages ago.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

A new update has been released on Steam. The list of improvements and fixes includes:

• Quests improved and clarified: Dead Men can't be Pirates!*, Heaven's Treasure, Heir to the Throne* and Wrath of the Greenskins
• Power of Light, Power of Night, Call of Nature, Last Hero and Calm Rage spells corrected
• Items Ray of Light, Shield of Rekross and Prince's Crown corrected*
• Hero Talents Shield of Rage and Diplomacy corrected; Edda talent now increases power of the Songs

Units
• Death of an Ice Dragon no longer hangs the game up
• Ice Dragon ability Creator, Rune Mage ability Runic Word, Ork Hunter ability Pet, Jotun ability Greed and Warrior Maiden ability Odin's Gift now work correctly
• Enemy units no longer return to their previous hexes and retailate after being attacked by Ice Dragon ability 'Cold Heaven'
• Scald song Paean now applies its effects correctly

Locations
• Riftlands, Dungeon of Governor's Castle*

Other fixes
• Experience for fight with Runorm on Galskap Mountain now allocated correctly in all cases*
• Rabid effect no longer cancels itself after being applied again
• Spells and rage abilities now inflict critical damage provided the hero have the corresponding abilities
• Crafting dialogs have been changed and should be clearer now
• Hilda's Arrows upgrade panel now features more reasonable amount of text
• Druid and Orc Hunter controlling abilities descriptions fixed

* This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file.

We would like to thank all the members of the game community for your invaluable help in finding and correcting bugs, especially Bhruic, camelotcrusade and Zechnophobe.