Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 06-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Hey R@S, good to see you're still modding for the game. I had a few quick questions for you, if you have the time.

I haven't played 7.62 since last November or so, which at the time your mod was still going by the name "BFX". My personal computer was damaged about 5 months ago, and I've been too busy to get it fixed. But I'll finally be ordering replacement parts next week, so pretty soon I'll be able to play the game again.

I noticed that your newest mod version is being called "BSM" now. I read up on the BFX topic and did notice a few changes being made to that mod, and I've also read this topic. Unfortunately, I'm still not understanding the differences between BFX and BSM versions.

My question is, can you provide me with a summary list of features/changes between the BFX mod (circa 11-2009) and your new BSM mod? For example, I see that you mentioned you found a way to boost the max weapon count from 256 to 4k+, a major improvement.

One thing that I did notice is that both in the original game and also with the mods, many of the items found throughout the game have uses/functions/etc that are never clearly explained. A perfect example being the field manuals. If one didn't spend hours reading the forums, you'd have no clue in hell what those damned things even did for the game. There are also some items where their general use/function might be guessed, but their in-game descriptions leave the player guessing how/where/when to actually use those items.

Has anyone considered creating some sort of "database" or Wiki for the game and/or BFX/BSM mod to include the weapons, items, characters, etc available? Something that might be capable of explaining what the various items are used for, how they are used, or even what items have no use at all. This would benefit the game quite a bit, and lower the learning curve and aggrevation level that many players might experience. In many cases the steep learning curve and complications figuring things out might be forcing many prospective players into simply giving up.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Welcome back

What's new since last time you played? The major thing is oc the new weapons, and some old one has been put back in as well. There's some new missions too, and the BSM quests has now been tied together so it's like a new faction to work for. It goes first the cops in Sagrada, then the Boblings at the harbor and finally the Blue sun guys at their base. If you finish those quests it'll lead you to your original target Fakirov/Bashirov. There's also a new weapon ordering system, but it's only one guy that has this ability. Then there's some other minor tweaks, like when the player base is available, the border check is removed and the first rebel encounter is also gone.

There was a database in Reloaded that did what you asked for, but it never got translated. I think there's also a "Travelling Guide" made by Toneone1 in German somewhere, but that deals with missions and how to complete them successfully.

Someone with knowledge of the game could edit the ITEMINFO file and write better descriptions of the items, but there's a limit on how many letters there can be in every item entry and one would have to be very succinct. I'm too lazy to do it myself
Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
It seems you missed the second(2) step in the install instructions in the above post where I mention the need to make sure the azp.exe actually gets copied to the game directory. I think it gets blocked by your system and you need to add it to the exception list. The same goes for the Files.a and Directory.a files, make sure they're in the game fiolder before you run the PatchMe.bat file.
Unfortunately I got the same error when I manually copied the files to the game root directory. In all cases I'm merging the folders and "move/replace" (overwriting), and the three files ARE in the game's root directory "root drive:/Games/7.62," PatchMe.bat is in that directory, and I'm running it through "run as administrator," not relogging.

Would try out your fixes for the shop and the WEAPONINFO, but I have to get the Unofficial Patch to work first, much less BSM...

EDIT: That is to say, unfortunately your instructions did not resolve the issue successfully; the three files were successfully copied, but it did not work. Do I have to do this on an admin account?

Last edited by Chortles; 06-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
Welcome back

What's new since last time you played? The major thing is oc the new weapons, and some old one has been put back in as well. There's some new missions too, and the BSM quests has now been tied together so it's like a new faction to work for. It goes first the cops in Sagrada, then the Boblings at the harbor and finally the Blue sun guys at their base. If you finish those quests it'll lead you to your original target Fakirov/Bashirov. There's also a new weapon ordering system, but it's only one guy that has this ability. Then there's some other minor tweaks, like when the player base is available, the border check is removed and the first rebel encounter is also gone.

There was a database in Reloaded that did what you asked for, but it never got translated. I think there's also a "Travelling Guide" made by Toneone1 in German somewhere, but that deals with missions and how to complete them successfully.

Someone with knowledge of the game could edit the ITEMINFO file and write better descriptions of the items, but there's a limit on how many letters there can be in every item entry and one would have to be very succinct. I'm too lazy to do it myself
Yeah, the last time I played was around November of 2009, I've been pretty busy since then. I never got to finish the game using the BFX mod, but I was already having a good time with the new weapons and items.

It'll be good to see some new quests. A few of the quests that I do remember were a little "stupid", they seemed to have bugs or issues that didn't make sense or would end up causing problems. I'm hoping that most of that has been cleaned up, if not then I can leave more detailed feedback when I get the game up and running again. Overall though, the new quests added something fun to do when the normal stuff got boring.

I wouldn't mind looking into the ITEMINFO file once I get things running again. As both a former US Army soldier and civilian law enforcement, I have plenty of experience with weapon systems and tactical equipment. I could take a look at the descriptions and see if any need revised, or if anything is missing.

My main concern was for the game overall. It would be great to have some sort of Wiki set up that explains the weapons, items, vehicles, etc so players know what to do with everything. While most weapons in general are obvious, there are a few accessories that might not be as obvious to casual gamers. And then of course you have those oddball items like the firearm manuals that nobody really knows WTF they are there for.

Maybe I can look into setting up some type of Wiki, but I'll need help when the time comes. I'm sure we have enough active players and forum users that would be willing to post some stuff there.

Thanks for the heads up, I look forward to checking the game out again soon. Should be about 2 weeks before my PC is repaired (I hope), and then I'm ready to rock.

By the way, does anyone know the contact information of the people responsible for producing/developing the game?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

@Chortles
Are you familiar with the Security Center(not sure if that's what it's called), in your control panel? There's a page there called Quarantine and I wan't you to see if the azp.exe got stuck in it. If it is add it to the exception list. If not, check your anti-virus and firewall as well. Since you're certain the patch files got copied to your game directory, there must be someting preventing them from beeing run in your installation directory, otherwise you wouldn't have any problems. Others have reported similar problems and have gotten it to work, maybe checking the old threads to see what they did to resolve th issue.

It seems that my attempt to fix the cheater chop inventories failed, but I've made a new fix that might work:
http://rapidshare.com/files/40349500...1.01_Fix_2.rar
Just copy the files to your game directory and delete all the files in the RenderedItems folder before starting the game.

@Ninja2dan
Apeiron seems to be offline, so contacting them is almost impossible. Here's a link to their forum, if they ever come up again:
http://apeiron-games.ru/forum/index.php

The guy who was most helpful, Snowie, has left the company and the other guys never answered any queries, so I'd say it's almost impossible to contact them. You could try asking over at the HLA site, they know much more about the game than anyone and might be able to help you.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

So I take it they have no plans to produce another release or expansion? Such a shame, because with a little more work and updating they could have made a ton of money.

There are a lot of other soldiers that I know, as well as LEO and similar professionals, that find little interest in most of the games out there. But when we come across a game like 7.62 it just makes us say "Wow, awesome". It has all of the features that we enjoy, and we're more than happy to continue purchasing expansions and new releases.

It's nice that the game is capable of modding, but there is only so much that can offer. You have done a great job at creating some new and interesting features, adding in new weapons and items, and generally giving the game a second life. But in all honesty, there is only so far your mod can go. I love the new features, but part of the reason I stopped playing it half-way through was because so much of the game just seemed like the same old thing. Sure, the original game was enjoyable the first time through, but once you know the storyline, once you know the missions, the replayability is very limited.

And that's where expansions are supposed to come in. They add new locations, new items, new storyline, new characters, new features. They give the game a new life, and that's really what this game needs. But if the dev team has given up on it, that's not only disappointing but senseless.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja2dan View Post
And that's where expansions are supposed to come in. They add new locations, new items, new storyline, new characters, new features. They give the game a new life, and that's really what this game needs. But if the dev team has given up on it, that's not only disappointing but senseless.
The only thing we can't do is make new maps, all the other things, like new missions, weapons, characters and features are all possible. I just found out that the HLA guys has started making new functions in the code which opens up the possibilities even more. But expansions with new locations is what the game needs, it's the weakest point of the game, the limited number of maps and the lack of a map editor.

One can oc place the player and the enemies in varied position to create different tactical problems, but that's not enough. I would like to add as many maps as possible from 7.62 Reloaded, but I think that violates some copyrights and might put me in a bad situation. They should consider releasing it in Europe, even if it is in Russian, the fans would quickly make a translation and the resources from these 2 games would make it easier for modders.

And the dev team never gave up on their baby, they just ran out of money to continue developing awesome games. I would do anything to support those guys. They've created something new and brilliant, something a market based system that we have in the rest of the game development world never does, and they deserve a better fate.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Depending on the mod, sometimes there's enough content to keep trying out the little things... I believe that v1.13 has had the same issue for JA2, but even so I've returned to it every now and then, and hopefully Blue Sun Mod going forward extends the life of 7.62 for me beyond what it would have been.

R@S, the patch problem seems to have been solved by either giving the game directory an exception in Microsoft Security Essentials, running Patchme.bat from the Command Prompt instead of the Windows Explorer GUI, or both; that also solved the Modified M4A1 stock issue, which does extend/collapse normally. (I do admittedly find it redundant though for there being both "stock collapsed" and "stock extended" versions of the otherwise exact same weapon in the shops... it's a lot of screen clutter if you ask me, kinda like all of the ARMA2 weapon "variants.")

I do find it strange/unfortunate though that the "modified"-type stock, akin to the Magpul UBR, is not an option for the M4 unless I want to run some sort of rig with an underbarrel device (UGL or VFG) or in 6.8x43 or 7.62x39.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

RESOLVED :
Well it seems that, even though i deactivated spybot, my patch installation was still corrupted, I tried again and after 3rd attempt it worked lol.... xD My bad sry !

Hello there
Well i tried to install BSM 1.01 exactly how it's written on the website, tho i can't make it work...
And yeah i have spybot but deactivated it when i installed patch otherwise he tells me the patch has a virus (which is fake i suppose)

I retrieved the error message out of the logs though :

Quote:
[...]
00:02.805 INFO [0] .\ZApp.cpp (847) Entering main program loop...
00:15.093 ERROR [0] .\Items\items.cpp (697) Item not found by name: 'Unique Sniper Rifle SKS (7.62x39)'
00:15.093 FATAL [0] .\Shop\ShopEconomics.cpp (324) Invalid item in economy: 'Unique Sniper Rifle SKS (7.62x39)', shop: Emiliano Calderon_25048
>-----------------------------------------------------------
> Exception C0000005 at 0x004E5442
>-------------------- Call stack ---------------------------
[...]
How could I fix it please ? :p

Thanks for this mod btw it looks awesome (even tho i still need to try lol ! xD)

EDIT : i tried applying fix 1 & fix 2 and I still get the same error message

Last edited by Oscuro1987; 06-29-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

@Chortles
I'm very glad you finally got it working and am sorry for your troubles.

If the latest fix doesn't resolve the cheater shop tab issue where items are missing, someone reported that if you run the game in winXP SP3 compatibility mode it should work again.

You'll notice that in the "real" shops there isn't as much clutter since it only shows the folded version if it's available, it never shows both versions unless you sell an unfolded one. And your gripe with the M4 stocks is just a matter of cosmetics, but if it annoys you that much I can easily add a normal M4 with the alternative stock. I'm always willing to improve the game to please the players