Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Looks like EB Games have exclusive rights to IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover standard and collectors edtions in Australia.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

The prices are steep but about normal for over here. EB Games are a reputable mainstream bricks and mortar retailer, but I haven't really had that much to do with them so I can't really say more than that. I couldn't see on their website whether or not they ship internationally, only their details for shipping within Australia.
$108 AUD from EB Games is outragous given that the Australian dollar is at parity with the US dollar (1 for 1) and the price elsewhere is about $45-50 USD.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.
At Last. It should have been this simple from the start. Well done EB Games.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Sorry mate, But you seem to only have two options.

1. Buy from steam or other download site, yes you can download it BUT collectors edition not avalible so miss out on the extras, as well as taking forever to download.

2. Buy From Ubishop, Get a choice of physical copy normal or Collectors. BUT Only in you live in UK and Still no promise that it will turn up in time for release date.

Thats it, your only choices, as for some reason Ubisoft has decided to restrict the physical versions to its shop only.

Since I dont have a great internet connection, Im forced to use Ubishop.
which since I tend to liek to only use flight sim stores I trust really goes against the grain.

Oleg thanks for all your work and I know you are loyal to Ubisoft but damn, These guys are activly trying to kill IL2 off. You need to change publishers, otherwise CoD is never gonna reach its potential. Or at least open you own online store so we can purchase from YOU and not this company.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Things might have changed since then - http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?tit...liffs+of+Dover

It worked for me yesterday.
do ya think they'll ship to the US?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

If you want to buy a German version, amazon.de sells the boxed versions, too.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo View Post
$108 AUD from EB Games is outragous given that the Australian dollar is at parity with the US dollar (1 for 1) and the price elsewhere is about $45-50 USD.
Yep, outrageous, but as you would know, still quite normal for over here.

I think if Ubisoft had intended to release the boxed versions more generally and they were available from other retailers besides EB Games the price would be a little bit lower, but probably only by ten dollars or so.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
do ya think they'll ship to the US?
You'd have to send an e-mail to EB Games Australia and ask them. The fact that all the postage information on their website only refers to locations within Australia suggests they don't deliver overseas, but I don't know.

It's still not known either whether or not the DVD's themselves are region locked, or whether the SolidShield DRM will identify you as being in the U.S and prevent you from activating the game before your regions official release date like Steam will.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Where should I pre-order IL-2 Cliffs of Dover? I have three oprions.

1. Buy from Steam where I will get Silent Hunter 3 free but I don't know if I could copy everything onto a DVD. Also I don't know how they compress the files for the game.

2. Buy from Ubi-Soft where there is nothing special really.

3. Buy from local store and be able to install as soon as I buy it but I don't know if any local stores will carry it.

What option would you suggest for me?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Over and out,
Stealth Eagle
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
You'd have to send an e-mail to EB Games Australia and ask them. The fact that all the postage information on their website only refers to locations within Australia suggests they don't deliver overseas, but I don't know.

It's still not known either whether or not the DVD's themselves are region locked, or whether the SolidShield DRM will identify you as being in the U.S and prevent you from activating the game before your regions official release date like Steam will.
In most cases they have software verifcation through IP address location.

Some have mentioned proxy, which should work if there isn't any follow through with the IP address location to where the file is downloaded.,

Otherwise, order through proxy and arrange with someone to act as mail recipient and forward to you.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Default DVD version for europe found

Finally
http://www.simw.com/simulator/il-2-s...-of-dover.html