Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

I'm not saying that I cannot evade those that are on my six otherwise I doubt that I would be playing this game. I am also not saying that I cannot shoot anyone down, its just that I prefer to use the B-17. I do have some skill and can play.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

legendary, im effectivly a bomber jock in this game as gilly will testify as ive flown maannnnyyyy times and will tesify to this im no sharpshooter but can hold my own, but when you're against the best of the best boom and zoomers there is lil resistance, BUT would never take any of the bombers/dive bombers in to a dogfight, cta or team battle!!!

make no mistake i can fly fighters reasonably well ............ i like to think anyways

its called a dogfight for a reason and taking it into cta os TB (team battles) is well ............ in fairness very unsportsman like my only exception would be the IL2 not the M ofc as the IL2 has no rear gunner as were all aware

Psml at all the covert "talk"

Last edited by scottyvt4; 01-21-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

I'd just like to apologise to everyone as I had never actually played against a B-17 in anything other than Strike. They are an absolute pain in the neck, particularly when they change to the stupid thing seconds before the game launches so you can't even get your rockets out. I will not use it unless every other player agrees that I can.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legendary Spitfire View Post
I'd just like to apologise to everyone as I had never actually played against a B-17 in anything other than Strike. They are an absolute pain in the neck, particularly when they change to the stupid thing seconds before the game launches so you can't even get your rockets out. I will not use it unless every other player agrees that I can.

lol no need to ask everytime you wanna use it, used the way and in the theaters it was ment for strike there is no need .............. unless you fancy being bait in an cta it might give you're team a chance to get in and land if you're dealing with 2 or 3 after you

and in the right hands there devastating to fly against if you chat to the guys on you're friends list or ask in here you may develop you're own way of downing the behemoth i cant boom and zoom as ive a poor deflection/lead on aircraft, but have my own way of gettin up close and personal

happy hunting lol
Old 01-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Approved Member

just thought i would also post my vid in here since it is relavent
Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Approved Member

ah this debate again, mav's video has it down. A B-17 no mater whose piloting them will always hurt noobs more than a experienced player, these cheese tacticians should realise that when they've chased away all the noobs with their jack-assery; there will be nothing left but the experienced pilots who take special pleasure in chasing bombers out of dogfights and team battles.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Approved Member

jack assery!!!! i thought i was the only one who said that lol awesome
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

What is the issue with the B-17, (Never Flown One!) I have taken them on in free for all and TDM without any real issue (Arcade and Realistic), I find that if I use the He-162A-2 I can fly in fast and get away before they can destroy me.

wikipedia.org
"German fighter aircraft used the tactic of high-speed strafing passes rather than engaging with individual aircraft to inflict damage with minimum risk."

I also like to attack them from a vertical dive aiming for their top gunner.

Here is a real german tactic.

or

or

for the above, you fly several hundred yards behind them and below them and at several points aim up and fire and then when you get close to them climb and bank to the left or right.

To me it seems as if people are acting like the b-17 is unstoppable.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic Phant0m View Post
What is the issue with the B-17, (Never Flown One!) I have taken them on in free for all and TDM without any real issue (Arcade and Realistic), I find that if I use the He-162A-2 I can fly in fast and get away before they can destroy me.

wikipedia.org
"German fighter aircraft used the tactic of high-speed strafing passes rather than engaging with individual aircraft to inflict damage with minimum risk."

I also like to attack them from a vertical dive aiming for their top gunner.

Here is a real german tactic.

or

or

for the above, you fly several hundred yards behind them and below them and at several points aim up and fire and then when you get close to them climb

and bank to the left or right.

To me it seems as if people are acting like the b-17 is unstoppable.
Your confusing unstoppable with annoyance!
The point being made is when your in a dogfight or TB it's hard enough to chase, run down and shoot another fighter without being constantly auto gunned by a talenteless idiot cruising around. Same goes for IL10s with their 'William tell' zombie political prisoner rear autogunners. They spoil the game for everyone. Yes they have their place and I'm the first one to fly a B17 but only when it's suitable and it can do what it was designed to do i.e. drop bombs.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 AM
dorftrottel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Your confusing unstoppable with annoyance!
The point being made is when your in a dogfight or TB it's hard enough to chase, run down and shoot another fighter without being constantly auto gunned by a talenteless idiot cruising around. Same goes for IL10s with their 'William tell' zombie political prisoner rear autogunners. They spoil the game for everyone. Yes they have their place and I'm the first one to fly a B17 but only when it's suitable and it can do what it was designed to do i.e. drop bombs.
Deleted

Last edited by trk29; 01-28-2011 at 12:18 PM.