Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Or, instead of Unforgotten, something like re-told? Hmm, seems a bit week IMHO. For me, SoW is still the best. Many have heard it, and it has an excellent big-tent approach in being able to work for every (combat)series released by the team (and even aviation related third parties).

OMG-Oleg Maddox Games. Not sure who made that one up, but it's always stuck in my mind which is great from a marketing PoV
Old 11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Hecke

OMG = Oleg Maddox Games, "oh my god" will tell that this is not the best idea.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien673 View Post
Now we know the publisher is Ubi, tks oleg
He didn't say that. Read it again!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdogfizzow View Post
Let us pray not. Call of Duty has gone from being one of the best games ever with the ability to mod it and make new maps, skins and dedicated servers to being a console game for kids that you cannot mod or control your own server...it has turned into total nightmare for modders and the original game fans. I hope this is a comparison we never hear from again. ....*shivers*

As for them name, anything with Oleg's name will work. "From the creators of greatest ww2 air sim of-all-time "IL2- Sturmovik"
I've said good bye myself to CoD serie because of the "console degeneration"....but the CoD name is still very strong on the market. Sure, i've spent my last money in the serie with MW1, but we are not talking about games here.

However you've touched an important point of view here......"the console problem" for the PC gamers, but thank to God i doubt we'll have these kinde of problems with advanced flights sims.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
it's the official trilogy of SoW?

there are no plans to release on the Pacific?
I Hope we wan fly Corsair and landing ( and taking off ) to aircraft carrier
for putting aside my il2-1946
There are issues with laws in the United States which prevent the depiction of some Pacific Theatre equipment. The word is that a return to the Pacific is only likely when these laws get overturned.

However, there may be 3rd party addons.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Old_Canuck

1C works for me. The product's name is ultimately defined by the quality of the product so "1C: Battle of Britain" would work I'm sure. Anything that is easy to remember and that connects Oleg's reputation to the product is what I'm suggesting.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
There are issues with laws in the United States which prevent the depiction of some Pacific Theatre equipment. The word is that a return to the Pacific is only likely when these laws get overturned.

However, there may be 3rd party addons.
Not so much a law, as much as it was the a$$clowns at Northrop Grumman wanting massive royalties to include their aircraft, and aircraft made by companies they have bought out over the years. Before video games were the cash cows they are now they didn't care about their aircraft being used (See sims from the 90's like Pacific Air War). Ubi and Oleg didn't want to shell out the money, so they didn't include it.

Northrop Grumman is a huge monster of a company, and they have the legal means to make sure anyone who uses their "Intellectual/Real Property" wish they didn't. Plus they probably own a ton of politicians as well, so you know it's going to go their way in court.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Hmm

1C Team Presents
The Battle for Britain
OMG

Old 11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Yes, Forgotten battles was an excellent title.

Maybe Unforgotten Battles now?

1c: Battle of Britain (by the makers of IL2) works perfectly.
+1

Although, it really should be Maddox Games (not 1c - which is just the parent company and distributor).
Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Hmm

1C Team Presents
The Battle for Britain
OMG

LOL It's funny, and very memorable, but perhaps too comical for a serious sim? I'm not sure.