Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Just a suggestion, perhaps it is already improved in SOW, is about the effect of high rotation on the spinner, a small detail that much more realism.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Hi all, my first post here. Sorry if it was mentioned before. We've seen some great formation flying screens last week and there is one thing bothering me. As we all know, AI aircraft in Sturmovik fly in formation better than any display team. There is no visible movement, distance between aircraft doesn't change. Especially at higher altitudes sometimes it looks like there is no movement at all. It's way more realistic to see an aircraft's speed, altitude and angles change due to weather conditions and controls inputs. Would this be implemented in BOB? Maybe random movements would be enough without implementing some complicated and resource consuming weather algorithms?

This is to illustrate what I mean. Some of these Bf's fly faster/slower, higher/lower etc. than others:

Old 07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Nice video, mossie. Especially in the last fragment of the video is visible that flying perfect straight in a formation isn't possible. Indeed, it would be very nice that it would be modelled in SoW.

If you are insecure: use more bullets.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Default gun camera?

It may have been asked, but will SoW_BoB have a feature of trks that represent gun camera footage?
Flyby out
oh yeah I did search for references to "gun camera view" and "gun camera trks", but no joy.

Last edited by Flyby; 07-07-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: no joy
Old 07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Dear Mr. Oleg Maddox,

First of all I would like to say Thank You for amazing sim.
I am with Il-2 from the first demo
There is my collection below.

May I ask a question about up viewing angle in your new sim?

I do not know how TrackIR/FreeTrack pilot head control will be solved in your new simulator, but maybe it is possible to increase up viewing angle above 90 degrease to 120 degrees or so? It will be more realistic to my mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Il2 zaidimu kolekcija.JPG (45.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Viewing angle.JPG (45.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Oleg, multi-core article from Bit-tech

To Oleg, and all,
I came across this article from bit-tech.net today. It's tittled "how many CPU cores do games need?" Here's the link: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpu...o-games-need/1

Reading this article I saw where many of the games showed no performance improvement beyond using a dual core, though some did. The GPUs used were ATi's 5870, and Nvidia's GTX470. Notice that Crysis, an older game, did quite well running on just two cores compared to three or four (or five or six) cores. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 seems to make good use of two cores as well, but shows no great improvement in FPS when adding more cores, though the game is said to be "highly threaded" I take that to mean it takes equal advantage of all four cores, for example. That should spread the workload nicely.

Of course it begs the obvious question. Is SoW_BoB highly threaded? Dual and quad core CPUs have been out for a while now, so I don't think I'm asking the team to give away too much by answering that question. Such coding has probably been long established by now.
Flyby out
Old 07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Will it be possible to see swastikas on Germany planes?
In English or Russian version?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Unless Maddox Games makes a special version for the german market I don't think the international version will show swastikas.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Unless Maddox Games makes a special version for the german market I don't think the international version will show swastikas.
russian version dont have swastikas too

hope tomorrow we see a great HD storm of war video
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Global Moderator

As I recall in Germany swastika is outlawed.

The swastika has very negative connotations for Russia and Europe, and the most of the world.
Closed Thread