Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

I`ve got an issue with my current save: If I jump to any other system, and go through it, somewhere in the middle of the system the game stops/gives an error message. Here is a log file and last two saves (save file named "3" is in a system where the game still works, and after jumping to another system, it does not work anymore).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GnI...ew?usp=sharing

I am using 8x.exe file, and, had changed the autosave interval in the Plugin options. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Thanks for the save file Zekito, im going to look into it asap. The combination of the save files (2) and the log is just perfect and everything I need.
This should be a example of how to do a good job sending out error reports.

EDIT: I see what the problem is. It has to do with the unconsistent GetQuestLabel variable receivement. In this case a Number has turned into a String. Which caused the game to crash while doing an arthimetric comparison.

It is easily fixed, since its a frequently executed Script it will fix itself when replaced with another file.
Download: http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/7WLjfCKG/file.html (Cant access ModDB ATM)
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 01-26-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for your quick reply and fast fix, but, it did not work. I`ve downloaded the file, extracted it, copy+pasted data folder into my main game folder, overwrote all folders and files when asked, and, tried both of my saves. In both cases it still gives the error message.

Do I need to start a new campaign, or, delete some additional file to make it work? I don`t want to start a new campaign, if not necessary.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:53 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Try to reload lua via the compatability menu, or additional try to configure the auto save plugin again.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 01-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Just tried to reload lua via compatibility menu ,and it still crashes. tried to configure autosave interval, and it still crashes.

Only difference now is that it crashes inside the current system where I was prior to jumping to any other system (that is happening after reloading lua).

Do you want another fresh log file and save game?

Edit: Here is another log file along with two new saves, and, my profile files which you can use to reload my save game ( Just creat a folder named Zeki in your Profiles folder, and put inside profile.info and Zeki.cfg files). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OoG...ew?usp=sharing

I had deleted my old Main.cfg file, and copy+pasted yours which you had uploaded, and the game does not crash while in the current system, only when I jump to any other system.

Last edited by Zekito; 01-27-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:38 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Try this: http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/0ySYntpE/file.html
I've added a new option to the ASAS Menu, try the Fix SQL Config option.

If nothing happens, try reloading LUA prior to executing the option (If you pressed on it before doing that, reload the save file)

This is pretty much the only thing left to try, other than reloading the First-Time-Configuration which may result in unknown things.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

It works! I`ve tried the Fix SQL Config option, and jumped to Golconda system, where I already had two crashes, and it worked.

I think the problem was the autosave interval, since at an approximate time of the previously encountered crashes, now the game autosaved successfully.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:57 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

The problem was the game tried to do a number comparison with a string (which was a number prior) and a number Which results in a crash.

But im glad the fix works now. It basically resets the important SetQuestLabel config to actual numbers + Adds proper conversion from SQL to Number SQL.
Im going to update the ModDB page with the update once I can access it again.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:38 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default Announcement

Hey there!

Just wanted to check back in and tell you about some of the stuff I've been working on in the last few months.

Overall I have focused into making the Prestus Corporation Design a bit more interesting, creating their Homeworlds one by one gradually. The E-Templars also got some sweet GFX improvement.

But to be completely honest here, there nothing too much exciting to really tell you guys about, I have been working on a LOT of smaller things, and only working on the bigger things the lowest amount of time. I do hope it will still redeem itself due to the details Im working on, like a new module called IndustrialWolves which will be an Addon to BaseBuilding extending the ability to farm asteroids, claim them and go to war with other factions for them. They of course aren't just any normal asteroids, they are "Resource Asteroids" which spawn around the universe in random Systems with random positions AT NEW GAME START, so it will be a new experience each time you replay the game.

Enough of that, let me just tell you here that I've been on Pause with the Development of Expansion Mod for most of the time, actually. I have had much more fun Modding other games meanwhile, like the indie game "Duskers" on steam (Check it out!), I plan to Release a Modloader for this game, which I think is really cool since there is no way to mod the game as of now without my Modloader. After testing phase is complete (one of my friends helps me with it) I'll be releasing it on Reddit and on the Steam forums for the Game. Kinda excited about that...

I also do have another Project going for the game called "SCP: Secret Laboratory" which is another small Unity Indie game, which I also have modded very Heavily, so heavily in fact, that I made a completely Revamped Modloader just for it, since its a MP Game I had to squeeze out of every bit of IO Performance I could get out of it. I got so into modding it that me and my group of friends most likely have the most popular Server in there out of all, just due to its Modded Serverside settings. To anyone wondering about the Servername: its "DankMemes Network [Playercount]. Funnily enough the Game itself did not support Playercount in the title until I made it possible with some Public Binaries, meanwhile we aren't the only server which uses them, and I think its very cool other people enjoy my work, and to actually SEE that while browsing the Serverbrowser is something entirely else than im used to.

I think its a really great experience to show my work to so many people at once, even in Multiplayer in a game thats very fresh and well alive.

I guess what I want to say is that, I'll most likely continue to have a Pause on Expansion Mod until Im done with that Game, and then.. we'll see. I actually would like to slowly start working on the Expansion Mod again, but I don't want to get out of the Code I've written for SCP:SL too much, since its a really complicated cluster of code overall. I have never worked with Threading , UDP Protocols at all, not even in such a huge combination of them, this was needed to achieve good performance while integrating more and more of my Modloader to the game, but also other things.

This may seem like a huge textwall, but in the end, all I want to say is that the Development of Expansion Mod is on hold, until im satisfied with these Projects I mentioned.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your Patience, for those who are still left around here.

**ABSOLUTE CLARIFICATION: THIS IS NOT A SIGN THAT THIS MOD IS DEAD, THE DEVELOPMENT WILL CONTINUE ONCE IM DONE WITH OTHER PROJECTS**

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-01-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

You have to take a break and play other things or you box yourself in and get burned. Have fun and we'll be here when you get back to this. AS always, thanks for keeping this alive!