Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
OMG!! They have CANNONS! I want to go!

Addman, there's nothing wrong with shooting in a controlled environment. Better the kid gets his curiosity out at a range where he is supervised by adults, then find a gun in his dad's closet and accidentally discharges it.

...Now, where can I find a cannon!?!
Mm, ok. Don't want turn this into a debate. My opinion is that the kids dad shouldn't have a gun in his closet in the first place. In Sweden -where I'm from- you are obliged by the law to keep your arms -licensed of course- in a certified arms locker in your home, not in a tin box under the bed. Of course we all have our opinions and when I saw that kid firing a MG it just felt wrong all over me, had to say something. Won't say anything more on this subject though. I respect your opinion.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:06 PM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Mm, ok. Don't want turn this into a debate. My opinion is that the kids dad shouldn't have a gun in his closet in the first place. In Sweden -where I'm from- you are obliged by the law to keep your arms -licensed of course- in a certified arms locker in your home, not in a tin box under the bed. Of course we all have our opinions and when I saw that kid firing a MG it just felt wrong all over me, had to say something. Won't say anything more on this subject though. I respect your opinion.
Agreed...Same here in Canada... I have 2 kids...I wouldn't want my kids to shoot those " killing" weapons...Hunting weapons are another story...With good education and supervision, hunting is a great sport....BUt by looking at the "stats" , USA have the highest killing rate by firearms , accidental and criminal, in all "industrial and democratic" countries....That says it all...

Back to tracers It just comfirms the fact that COD's tracers are to fat...

Salute !
Old 04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Whilst being quite amusing, that clip made feel very uncomfortable. Kids shooting MG's? I'm sorry if I'm offending someone but that stuff is just sick. I have no words for it...these people are not well, it's all I can say. It makes me feel and at the same time.
Yea, I live in Florida and the gun laws scare the shit out of me. People have glocks fully loaded and cocked in their cars, also concealed carry laws! I was brought up in the country side in NZ, so I am not a big antigun person but the US guns laws are shocking to outsiders.

Sorry tangent
Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimba View Post
..Hunting weapons are another story...With good education and supervision, hunting is a great sport...
Hunting innocent animals a sport?? thats funny
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-01-2011, 02:27 AM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool61 View Post
Hunting innocent animals a sport?? thats funny
I was not talking about innocent animals...I was talking about mean and deadly rabbits, elves and aliens.

SAlute !
Old 05-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Some of these gund are antiquties. I guess you all recognised the MG 42 (I used the MG3 in the army, it's a rebarreled version fiering 7,62 NATO rounds), but did you see the Great War Wickers, brass water jacket and all? I'm a tad envious.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Since the thread drifted off-topic, I'd like to make a point before returning to topic. Moderators: Feel free to delete this post if necessary; I'll delete it myself in a couple of days.

Quote:
Whilst being quite amusing, that clip made feel very uncomfortable. Kids shooting MG's? I'm sorry if I'm offending someone but that stuff is just sick. I have no words for it...these people are not well, it's all I can say. It makes me feel and at the same time.
Imho, and in the opinion of millions of others, there is nothing wrong with a father and son learning about firearms, as an activity akin to archery, competitive target shooting from pellet airguns to high powered long distance rifles...even the very heavy weapons seen in the Shooting-Range video (off-topic as it was). Hunting of wild game is not only acceptable, it is required in many cases in the modern era when many types of animals grow in umbers to such an extent that they encounter starvation as a result of excessive numbers for the acreage and food sources available. But I digress....

This Shooting-Range activity by a supervised child is far different from the “brainwashing” of children (or otherwise ‘forcing’ children) into becoming killing machines. Those who worry about children and weapons should reserve their offended sensibilities for cases of true ‘abuse’ of children when it comes to firearms (weapons). They should consider focusing their outrage, opinions, and ‘reform’ efforts on the real organized evil in the world, not upon Americans' Constitutional ‘right to bear arms’.
To wit…
Hezbollah junior wannabees:

Hamas:

Palestinian in Lebanon…real handgun:

Pakistani Shi’ite…Admittedly, Toy guns in this case, but which is worse? This or target shooting with Dad.

Somalia:

Sierra Leone:

Sudan:

Golden Triangle Drug army “soldiers”:

Burma:

Uganda child solders

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 05-01-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Thank you, could not have said it better.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

OK, enough child soldiers, now back to vids vids vids ok?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Sorry, but is this the CoD video thread ?
Closed Thread