Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

So... no news about a beta patch??
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370
Old 12-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
So... no news about a beta patch??
Nope, very annoying.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Approved Member

There was some news. Luthier said that they expected a 50% or greater performance increase from the latest build and they were ready to test it a about a month ago with a beta to be released the following week. A week or so later he said he didn't know what sort of performance increase, if any they could expect, however testing would begin a few days hence and results would be posted that same week. Nothing was heard for some time, then information was released via sukhoi (just before Christmas) that there were major difficulties with the new build and the developers were trying to figure out what had occured. An unofficial statement via B6 and sukhoi later said that fans of Cliffs of Dover should not expect a patch any time in the near future. It was also mentioned that no new aircraft types would be added to CoD until the Moscow expansion was released.

Thats pretty much it for now.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Yep and some time ago patch making was halted, no reason given, i don't know how is it now.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

S!

And do not expect much info during and after new year when Russia has it's holidays.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
The Russian market is huge, considering the number of players. But the game 3-5 times more expensive in EU/US. So, I do not think that any of the market would be more important than the other, if you look at the business aspects.

I think it really matter that the Russian community is much more hostile than we are (it said Luthier), then he will choose a theme, which is closer to them. But not just them, i prefer the BoM too. I really look forward instead of bleak desert maps with LW, RAI, RAF types... again... little bored...
Although, geographically speaking the approach to Moscow is nothing exciting to look at. Historically speaking the battle took place from October 1941 thru January 1942. Much of the landscape will be snow covered for a large percentage of the conflict, very similar to desert landscape.
If we get the" dynamic weather" feature this would add some interest to both a BOM and the Med.
I am not certain why BOM was choosen next, but my guess would be it requires less development then the PTO or Med. Refering to a simple map with no shipping and the requsite Naval and supply vessels. It would be much more interesting to me to have the antishiiping missions with the Italian and LW aircraft. The ground engagments in the Med were also significant, but would require additional British and US vehicles,along with Italian, US, RAF aircraft.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quite amusing to read the opinion of western consumers about what should be next.
I am russian consumer and I know pretty little about med conflict, it's not really interesting for me. In sukhoi all happy about choose conflict for sequel.
I just wish you to wait interesting for you conflict.

Last edited by xpzorg; 12-29-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Tree_UK

Alright chaps, just returned from a rather lenghty ban for 'not learning my lesson', probably deserved, although I cant see it listed in the forum rules anywhere!! So whats been happening, should I learn my lesson and put all my trust back into Luthier and this game or is it the same old dissappointments and waiting for patches/news?

Oh and Merry Christmas one and all
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
So whats been happening, should I learn my lesson and put all my trust back into Luthier and this game
IMHO Yes.. See sig
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpzorg View Post
Quite amusing to read the opinion of western consumers about what should be next.
I am russian consumer and I know pretty little about med conflict, it's not really interesting for me. In sukhoi all happy about choose conflict for sequel.
I just wish you to wait interesting for you conflict.
What was the opinion of the Russian consumer with the Battle of Britian as the first/initial ' installment " ?