Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 06-18-2015, 10:44 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Before we Continue, would you please tell me which version or from where you downloaded the Mod?

The newest one to test would be the this one LINK

Btw: You can change the starting ms in the InitTeamScript file, this is the line to change:
" mothership = CreateCarcass("EVE_Hurricane",Vector3(0, 0, 0), Vector3(0,0,1)); "

I just want to make sure we are running the same version
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 06-19-2015, 02:27 AM
Approved Member

I'm Currently Using This Version https://mega.nz/#!osY2gCga!k9YqNSAUp...LdEl0y2q5mSZ9w
Old 06-19-2015, 01:07 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Well, that ones a bit older, although the newest version has the same name (my bad) as this one, there are still some features and fixed included in it.

Anyways, Lets get into it.

--

Quote:
2.) Is it Possible to Increase the Size of Portals ? It would be better for large ships.)
That is certainly possible, I can definitely include this in the upcomming 0.4.1 Version of the Mod to test how its gonna work out.

--

Quote:
3.) The ( Reject System Have no Icon ) Besides that it works
Reject System ?... The new Module has actually an slightly edited Picture, it says MK2 under it in my Version, I most likely forgot to put the Icon in the archive... im Silly... But Thanks for Pointing that out

--

Quote:
4.) There is a corvette with 2 turrets & 2 Systems with ( Not found String ) as Name & Definition It Launches but Can't Dock in the Manticore but can in other MS. Its Select Circle is also a bit too forward making it a target hard to hit . It also moves very weirdly
Yes, that one is also just there so I can immediatley see the changes I made within 3DS Max as I make the Model SW3 Friendly, it is not functional as of now, But it will also be finished and polished in 0.4.1. This ship acts as an WIP Model as of now.

--

Quote:
5.) Butcher Can't Dock on the Manticore Only
Ah yes... that is an known problem, the collision spheres of the Butcher don't really allow it to dock to most Motherships, sadly, This is very tricky to fix. it would require me to Resize the spheres, but that would mean that hit-detection would not be accurate as it was before... I think the only suitable solution for this problem is to just Enter another system with the "Auto-Launch" Option disabled. Thanks for reminding me of this one particular, I will try something, but I can't really promise a fix on that one.

--

Quote:
6.) Star Jump ( USS # 5 Not Found String )
Weird, the String acually is correct in my Version... I will look into it, Thanks.

Fix will most likely be also included in 0.4.1

--

Quote:
7.) Mothership Respawn Does not Work ( When you Click yes on Respawn Nothing Happens.)
That is very interesting... I will look into it, Thanks.

--

Quote:
9.) The ( Basilisk GK Gun was turned to Heavy Gun Instead of Major Caliber )
Really?... I don't remember changing something like that... Weird. I will look into it. Thanks.

EDIT: Ah ofcourse, I did make an 2nd Version of the Same Weapon and turned it to Heavy Gun, in order to bypass the 2 GK Gun Limit. They aren't available through the game so far, the only place where you get them are if you have the EVE_Hurricane as start ship, Since it has an set of special Equipment, which includes these.

But not to worry, the original is wasn't changed /Altered.

--
Quote:
10.) About the Hel Carrier Is it in the GW Shipyard or Somewhere
Oh yes, I actually planned to have this huge extremely OP++ Mothership to be available to the player after an Future Mission I might code. But since I am still working on one Mission, this will have to wait. Currently the only way to get it is to do it Manually. like: Chaning the starting MS To "EVE_Hel".

But also here, Thanks for letting me know.

--

Quote:
11.) Just a Suggestion about the New Weapons How about using the Other Unused Icons For Easier Recognition like the ones in SW 1 Mothership Mod
Im still planning to create new Icon for my Added Ships/Weapons/Modules and everything, Right now im Trying to get into the game as Much as I can, then I worry about the Icons.

But they will be definitely made in future Versions, no need to fear

--

Quote:
12.) About the New Missions & New Weapon Rewards , Where can I Find Them ?
You can find the Missions in the Contracts tab at any Maintaince Station. the newest one is the for the Patrol. (It is very buggy as of now and Requires alot of testing)

But beware, you need an Squad of highly Trained Pilots and Late-End Tier Equipment for this Mission.

--

Quote:
13.) In The Mission ( Delivering Cargo to Copernicus Station ) My Mothership Won't Enter the Intrasystem Portal . The Mothership Switch Canceller Has Been Activated
Hm, I recently played through the entire campaign with my Mod, (NESF Path)

I did certainly not encounter such an Issue, could you post your Logfile of this game? (if you still have it), its such situations where these kinds of files are Required. if not, What Mothership did you use and what did you do before entering that System?

--

Quote:
14.) When you Return The Ship To the Falcon Station & The Mothership Switch Canceller Has Been Activated Your Mothership Blows Up When you reach the station

Whoah, that sounds game breaking.

I Would definitely need the log files to solve that one tho.

Just as an Quick Note: The MSSwitch Block is only for the parts of the Story, where you have allready have Bought an Better ship from the Mothership Dockyard or somewhere else, and you don't want to lose it because of some annoying Forced Mothership switch events.

I created it not only because of that, But I also Plan to actually make an Infinite-Story-Game. So you can Repeat the game over and over Again WITHOUT Losing everything you had. but that of course, is up to talk in another day.

--

Annnnnnnnnnd....
Thanks for your Bug Report
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-20-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:38 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Question

Just an quick Question to our Modders here, Is it somehow possible to create Turrets which shoot Rockets?, Like... Turret Rocketlaunchers?

Is this possible to achieve in any way?

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-20-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Currently Testing The Latest Version of the Mod

1.) The Mothership Switch Canceller Seems to Be Active even thou I Did not Activate it
2.) In The Maintenance Station I Can Only See Up to # 11 Can't See The Others ? + about the Contract Tab of Maintenance Station , Where is it ?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:29 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

1) Hm, probably because I had it always on for quick testing, But it will be fixed on the next Version

2) Well, normally you can Switch to Page 2 at the end of the first Page at the Maintance Station.

But it could be if your Screen is too small, these actually may not be accessable, An solution would be to Make more Pages, I would have to include that in the next Version.

-- If you can, please wait until I release 0.4.1, Im almost finished with the small stuff I still want to include.

As always...
Thanks for your Help
Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Hello There Just a Quick Suggestion if Possible . Remember that when you attack another faction you are wanted all the time & you can only fix your Reputation in (Elio) . Is It Possilbe for you to add the Fix Reputation Option in the Maintenance Stations

& Just Asking About the Hang in & Hang out Reference for Docking & Launching of Fighters , What Else do you need to do besides Putting the Reference & numbers

Last edited by Neo Genesis; 06-25-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:26 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Well... that would kinda defeat the purpose of why attacking factions is a bad Idea... I can create an optional Plugin for the Mod which adds that to the Maintance Station then.
also: There are more "reputation fixer" Stations than just being one in Elio, there are far more, But Hidden.

Really all you need is the "HangarIn" Ref and the "HangarOut" Ref, Nothing More... if your ship keeps bouncing in the Ship that you are editing, try to put the "Y" Coordinate to a lower Value, and Repeat that until the ship can Dock.

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-25-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
Well... that would kinda defeat the purpose of why attacking factions is a bad Idea... I can create an optional Plugin for the Mod which adds that to the Maintance Station then.
also: There are more "reputation fixer" Stations than just being one in Elio, there are far more, But Hidden.
Oh Yeah Good Point , Never Mind .

Quote:
Really all you need is the "HangarIn" Ref and the "HangarOut" Ref, Nothing More... if your ship keeps bouncing in the Ship that you are editing, try to put the "Y" Coordinate to a lower Value, and Repeat that until the ship can Dock.
Can you Help Me I Don't Know why when it launches it hits the ships shields & when it docks it keeps bouncing . The Settings i Used Work in SW 1 Mod For Alien_Dread Perfectly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HangIn.jpg (18.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HangOut.jpg (18.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-25-2015, 05:53 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

You might wanna compare it to my version, see for yourself:

IMD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a...d_(Edited).rar

With these XYZ Coordinates on the HangarIn and HangarOut, an Butcher can also Dock in without Problems.

Last edited by nocalora29; 06-25-2015 at 10:05 PM.