Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
What would be quite easy to do, as Luthier has said they have made good progress on the sound would be to show us a small sample of the sound.

so post a clip of banjo music, or post a very small clip of the new sound.

what would go down better?
I have no answer why. There could be multiple reasons why a sample hasn't been released. I could speculate, but it would just add to the uneasiness. I'll be patient.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
What would be quite easy to do, as Luthier has said they have made good progress on the sound would be to show us a small sample of the sound.

so post a clip of banjo music, or post a very small clip of the new sound?

what would go down better?
This is pure speculation on my part, BUT, if the sound is generated by the sound engine rather than simply a recorded sample, any sound that they could let us hear would be a work in progress.

If they let us hear the sound now and then they had to decrease the quality due to performance issues the development team would be virtually crucified by certain elements in the community, who would take any examples of work in progress items as a promise that this is how the finished sounds would be.

Also the quality of any sounds, like a lot of other things being discussed is purely subjective. What sounds good to me would sound atrocious to 90% of the community, (a misspent early life time of loud music, loud cars and quite a bit of shooting on the farm without hearing protection may account for some of it ) just as some of the examples put forward by others in previous threads don't sound good to me.

As far as I'm concerned, until they let us hear the sounds in the proper context none of us would be able to judge anyway.

Hope they get that next patch out to us as soon as it’s ready!
Cheers
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

But thats what all we had before release "WIP" shots or "placeholders", im sure we would mind hearing a WIP sound of a 109 start up.

Again pure speculation from me, but it seems they said they were 95% finished after 2 weeks makes me believe were not getting "new" sounds, more like the old sounds redone from the start.

Hope im wrong.

anyway, anything would of been better than the banjo music.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
speculum jockey

When was the last time Luthier mentioned DirectX 11? Or has that been put to the "waaaaaay-back burner"?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

yep, its coming just after 64bit and thats coming 2 months after the 110 canopy fix
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

i think that the next patch will be much much bigger and with many fixes and many people in this forum will be pleased
the only annoying thing is that no one from the team didn't give us a little info for what they are working and what to expect to see
-Salute-
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
i think that the next patch will be much much bigger and with many fixes and many people in this forum will be pleased
the only annoying thing is that no one from the team didn't give us a little info for what they are working and what to expect to see
-Salute-
Now there's faith.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Now there's faith.
IF they have finished the sound engine I'm quite sure that the patch will contain all the sounds needed... probably they want to release a complete update.

Of course... IF!

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 08-01-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Oh yeh, of little faith!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

You guys are still talking about this thread...talk about beating a dead horse! I was lucky enough to get away from cod and forget bout it for a week. Then I was like, "oh yeah, lets check the forums!"

All I can say is thank you EVE Online for helping me forget about this game for a week!
Closed Thread