Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Care to share those min. requirements?
Ask Oleg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Personally I wouldn't updgrade to Directx 10, because it's already outdated.
Ok, read my comment as "at least DX10".

Besides, the DX design is so, that each subsequent version includes, or enhances features of the previous one. So, upgrading to anything, better, then DX10 would do the job automatically.

The thing is, however, that upgrading to at least DX10 would require OS upgrade for those, who (like me, for instance) still use Win XP. Which is kind of bigger step then just DX upgrade and will cost money.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
It would be good to see the same video that we had this week but this time in DX11 with all settings maxed out. AA etc, just to see how it runs and what FPS can be expected...
Oleg's statemant to this:

"in video recording is impossible to write maxed out graphics.. I don't know why. Bug. Not all textures loading when you record video file from track.
This is our own program. It is cioponvertation from recorded track of fligth into the AVI of any codecs, that are licensed to user. And it it using the features of video cards. The we should use better video card that we haven't currently."
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Oleg have you tested recording with FRAPS?

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hecke

Oleg, if you don't want to spend the 25 bucks on FRAPS full, I can donate you one.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpassa View Post
Oleg have you tested recording with FRAPS?
Last I heard they were still optimising and debugging the code. I doubt something like FRAPS could tell them anything useful.

I suspect they would be using the debugging and optimisation tools that come along with the programming languages they are using to help isolate the inefficient sections of code that are slowing down the sim.

Something like FRAPS would only be useful to get an over all indication of speed. It doesn't tell you which bits are causing the slowdowns.

I would like to know how close the version being put on display is to being finished. I wonder if the missions being demonstraited are on proper maps or have they removed inefficient objects so that it runs at an acceptable frame rate for the demo?

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 11-02-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Last I heard they were still optimising and debugging the code. I doubt something like FRAPS could tell them anything useful.

I suspect they would be using the debugging and optimisation tools that come along with the programming languages they are using to help isolate the inefficient sections of code that are slowing down the sim.

Something like FRAPS would only be useful to get an over all indication of speed. It doesn't tell you which bits are causing the slowdowns.

I would like to know how close the version being put on display is to being finished. I wonder if the missions being demonstraited are on proper maps or have they removed inefficient objects so that it runs at an acceptable frame rate for the demo?

Cheers!
Yes, it seems like there is a bug in transferring all the info when converting to avi (or similar) using their in-house method. Fraps won't help that.

Sigh - it is the sort of bug that sounds like it could take time to fix, unlike a spelling mistake on the instrument panel (for example).

Flying online as Setback.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Buckingham Palace slight change?

Hi Saqson / Oleg

The Buckingham Palace image may be a slight bit off - missing an extra light fitting or two.

See here :-

http://www.westendatwar.org.uk/image...7-18Sept40.jpg

I am sure it will not be a bother flying at 300mph or whatever - just thought I would point out - you can obviously tell what building it is. I am sure the AI (Luftwaffe demolition squad) are well aware as well

As an aside have you looked at the google archive of LIFE magazine?

Click on images link at google and then search for something like :

london 1940 source:life

The "source:life" is the important bit at the end. Before that just add the keywords you want to search for.

There are quite a few pictures of london - some of bomb damage and even in colour. Loads of other images as well.

May be useful reference?

Cheers
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

From the way I have seen suggested by Oleg, max graphics won't be available because as new hardware comes in, the graphics get better and better.
However, I wonder if, like in Il-2, max-settings can be achieved (e.g water=4) with this value being able to increase as new hardware 'improves' the graphics.
I can imagine SoW might have a similar system in this way to Il-2, as Oleg's motto seems to be "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and Il-2 is, IMO, really user friendly.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Release date for BoB?

Anyone can translate the bottom details?

http://igromir.softclub.ru/games.aspx?id=il-2

From what I can deduce it looks like Spring 2011 release date?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by first-things-first View Post
Anyone can translate the bottom details?

http://igromir.softclub.ru/games.aspx?id=il-2

From what I can deduce it looks like Spring 2011 release date?
As you can read in the "Release Thread"!
Closed Thread