Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Smile Henschel Hs 123

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously within this thread -it's long so I haven't had the chance to read everything- but would Team Daidalos consider including the Henschel Hs 123?

While only 39 were operational in 1939, it was the Energizer Bunny of the Luftwaffe. They tried to retire it over and over and over again, but they kept pulling it back into service because it was extremely good at what it did.

They even tried to start manufacturing it again in 1943 which is really saying something...

Just food for thought.

Hals - und Beinbruch!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

Default About the Ki-21 again

Well, I haven't exposed argumentation previosly.

As for myself I think we need this plane.

It was the mainstay of the IJA for early and mid war and was used until the end.

The IJA doesn't have any attack aircraft in the sim, only figthers. And it's really a shame we have to use the G4M in army online missions.

Please team Daidalus, try considerate give the IJA this bomber. It's a very noble task you gonna be doing by finally giving the army their own attack plane.

I know people are asking for endless stuff, but I think you should considerate this request before definitely let this force without any significant bomber and thefore attack aircraft.

Last edited by Wildnoob; 10-16-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_wh View Post
No doubt Daidalus Team would have their own target/priority list but these are some additional planes for considerations to be added as flyable. Note that some of these have already been added ‘unofficially’ but it would still be great to see them formally incorporated in a patch.

Regardless of what will actually be added in the future, it is still great to see the level of excitement about this sim rise again - a credit to the team’s work.

1) Daidalus Team has already indicated in the 4.09 announcement that cockpits for these are being worked on to make them flyable:
• CW21
• Fiat G.55 Series I
• I-15bis
• Letov S-328
• Re.2000

2) Currently AI only planes:
• Curtiss P-36 (Hawk 75)
• Henschel Hs-129B-2/3
• Messerschmitt Bf-110C-4/B
• Morane-Saulnier M.S.406
• Nakajima B5N2
• Nakajima B6N2
• TBF/TBM “Avenger”

3) New variants of existing planes:
• Bristol Beaufighter TF Mk X
• Curtiss P-40N
• Heinkel He-111H-16
• Junkers Ju-88A-17 (Torpedo Bomber)
• Junkers Ju-88C-6 (Zerstörer, also adapted as Nachtjäger)
• Messerschmitt Bf-110E
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV

4) New planes:
• Bristol Beaufort
• Curtiss SB2C
• Fairey Swordfish
• Kawasaki Ki-45
• Hawker Typhoon
• Henschel Hs-123
• Nakajima Ki-44
• Yokosuka D4Y

Cheers,
Would this happen to have anything to do with the existing mod for the Spitfire XIV? Not sure if we are allowed to talk about mods here, and I won't mention them further if this is the case, but there are a lot of good mods out there, principally aircraft, that would be good to see made official by their inclusion in a future Daidalus Team patch.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Default 6dof new patch

Will 6dof, IR TRACKER be created in the new patch for IL2 Sturmovik? This will breath new life in game.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

Is the type of gunsight on the Fokker D.XXI Sarja 3 Late chosen at random somehow? About half the time when I select this plane I get a version with a reflector gunsight, while sometimes the same plane can be found with a telescopic sight of the type found on many early war planes, including the D.XXI Sarja 3 Early.

Not only does the game appear to "pick" the type of sight at random, but it is possible to get different aircraft in the same flight with different sights. The last mission I flew had the no.2 and no.3 aircraft in my flight equipped with reflector sights, but the my plane and the no.4 had a telescopic sight.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Talking

It's all in the manual ... But yes, there's a 40% chance to get the more modern Revi. You can also tell the program which one to use based on the skin. The HOW is also described in the manual for 4.09.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
It's all in the manual ... But yes, there's a 40% chance to get the more modern Revi. You can also tell the program which one to use based on the skin. The HOW is also described in the manual for 4.09.
Nice. Definitely going to be creating some skins so I can get the Revi as standard though

Is there any chance of the other three D.XXIs being made flyable at some point? I'm having a lot of fun flying the Finnish models against the new Russian fighters, even if it is a big challenge because the I-15bis is impossibly agile and the D.XXIs armament is too light to pull off the kind of snapshots I usually use against I-153s and I-16s, but it would be nice to try using the Dutch D.XXI against Bf109Es and Bf110Cs.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildnoob View Post
Well, I haven't exposed argumentation previosly.

As for myself I think we need this plane.

It was the mainstay of the IJA for early and mid war and was used until the end.

The IJA doesn't have any attack aircraft in the sim, only figthers. And it's really a shame we have to use the G4M in army online missions.

Please team Daidalus, try considerate give the IJA this bomber. It's a very noble task you gonna be doing by finally giving the army their own attack plane.

I know people are asking for endless stuff, but I think you should considerate this request before definitely let this force without any significant bomber and thefore attack aircraft.
I may be able to fix this "problem". I have been learning how to make models in 3dsMax for a couple of years, and needed a theme for the stuff that I worked on. Because I have always loved the open cockpits and wheelspats of the 1930s, I chose the Japanese-China war because of the many different types of aircraft used. Shots below of WIPs - none are finished, but a few are close to completion. I will add the Ki.21 to my list, but it will be some time before I release anything.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberGeezer View Post
I may be able to fix this "problem". I have been learning how to make models in 3dsMax for a couple of years, and needed a theme for the stuff that I worked on. Because I have always loved the open cockpits and wheelspats of the 1930s, I chose the Japanese-China war because of the many different types of aircraft used. Shots below of WIPs - none are finished, but a few are close to completion. I will add the Ki.21 to my list, but it will be some time before I release anything.

Wow. How long have you been keeping this lot under wraps? Really can't wait for these aircraft, it looks like you have announced out of "nowhere" the fulfilment of a major proportion of my 1930s aircraft wish list, and not only will these aircraft be fantastic for the fascinating but so far ignored Japanese-China war but also a number of them for the Spanish Civil war, where we currently have many of the Republican aircraft but none of the Nationalist aircraft.

What's the twin engined Biplane in the right centre of the lower image? Not a reflection on your modelling skills, which are clearly superb but I thought I knew my 1930s aircraft and I don't recognise this one.

In what form are you thinking about releasing about these aircraft? IE via Daidalus Team in an official patch, or one of the mod sites? Either way, I will be looking forward to the completion of this project with much anticipation.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberGeezer View Post

OMG!!!
O_o!!!
Closed Thread