Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Yes, the way Oleg said ('from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series') is the best I think.

So, what about tesselation in general and maybe for the use in the bomb crater stuff?
Current stage of tesselation methods may damage the precise models of technics, say aircraft. Maybe in future when it will very selectable. Maybe I'm wrong here. However what I was searching in the past doesn't give at the moment advantage in a precise modeling of aircraft, instead may do bad things making the bubble where should be only flat.
This is good for the game where the main hero is a human models.
However my opinion may be changed in future with coming new versions.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Completely agree with you. I was against such name, but it isn't my decision....
I already had a problem answering interview questions of journalists... I didn't understand them about what is speech... or the new in this area journalists simply was asking some time absolutely not in theme questions due to this mix.
So I personally say Battle of Britain... without Il-2 and other things...
In English it has a bit other name, but anyway with Il-2 as the main.....
Do not use already world well known Storm of War as a name of new series and just adding the line
'from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series' would be way better really. If someone dislike SoW sounding not so nice then simply better to make other name... Hope publisher will read it. Anyway I may disagree with the name Il-2 for the completely new series, but final decision - from publisher.

I will try to speak to big guys that to find solution....

The pubisher is imho right to keep IL2 in the name, as "IL2" is widely known as quality product.
(Compare BF or CoH series, they sell their products the same way, very successfully)

BUT:
It will get confusing when you launch more add-ons.
How can the customer tell the difference between IL2-PF, IL2-Manchuria, and Il2-BoB, IL2-BoP, IL2-whatever - it's already very confusing.

I think you need a new brand, something like:

IL2 "evolution"
-> BoB
->BfM
->Korea

...would imho make sense.
"evo" is just a placeholder, the marketing guys should figure out what fits best - can be everything but "sturmovik", lol

Last edited by swiss; 11-10-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
The pubisher is imho right to keep IL2 in the name, as "IL2" is widely known as quality product.
(Compare BF or CoH series, they sell their products the same way, very successfully)

BUT:
It will get confusing when you launch more add-ons.
How can the customer tell the difference between IL2-PF, IL2-Manchuria, and Il2-BoB, IL2-BoP, IL2-whatever - it's already very confusing.

...would imho make sense.
"evo" is just a placeholder, the marketing guys should figure out what fits best - can be everything but "sturmovik", lol
Its what I told above... I already got confusions at the show with many people... and was need to explain non compatibility and that it is completely new series
Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Storm of war sounds fresh, modern, and cool.
And doesn't sound like an combat flight sim at all - that's the problem.
(and in fact, I don't agree with the other associations either, but that's just me)
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Current stage of tesselation methods may damage the precise models of technics, say aircraft. Maybe in future when it will very selectable. Maybe I'm wrong here. However what I was searching in the past doesn't give at the moment advantage in a precise modeling of aircraft, instead may do bad things making the bubble where should be only flat.
This is good for the game where the main hero is a human models.
However my opinion may be changed in future with coming new versions.

I more thought of using it for ground objects, for example, what somebody else mentioned, the railway ballast, maybe buildings and stuff like that.
It's a bit "bad" that the graphics cards donate more and more shader capacity for tesselation purposes but we don't have an advantage with it.

Last edited by Hecke; 11-10-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Maybe go with a Sturmovik series in stead, shows a link to the original product but is different enough a title to avoid some confusion?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

A lot of people have good points about this title subject and also how many sims out there are named..Battle Of Britain?

The Few
A piece Of Cake
The Brill Cream Boys
The Cat's Wiskers
Eagle Day
Adler Tag

Last edited by Richie; 11-10-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
A lot of people have good points about this title subject and also how many sims out there are named..Battle Of Britain?
And with future add-ons you get:

Battle of Britain
- Korea -

uhh..
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

I edited
Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Hecke

are we talking about the russian version or the european?