Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Oleg, he meant that, if we crash in a field, will we see the destroyed crops where our plane crashed through the field?
I did answer, yes we will see. But all things will be like real scarps This is completely other type of damage than the combat damage. We pay more greater attention of visuals for combat damage and less for bail landing. Howver in both cases you may get damage similar depending of the hit force. And ypou can't take the aircraft by a crane to look what happend with the surface under the plane after such landing
Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
I did answer, yes we will see. But all things will be like real scarps This is completely other type of damage than the combat damage. We pay more greater attention of visuals for combat damage and less for bail landing. Howver in both cases you may get damage similar depending of the hit force. And ypou can't take the aircraft by a crane to look what happend with the surface under the plane after such landing

Oleg,

Is the mission over after crash landing and stepping out like in IL-2?
Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWL_Spinner View Post

For our next "official" update could we please see some bad weather and/or low light? I'd love to see an overcast!

Thanks!

Spinner
When we will be ready to show it - we will show.
We are working right now over the implementation of the all things that programmed in parallel to the main work and that was working well in separate module and working with crashes in engine.
Its why we switched off the most hard weather conditions for the show. There was just 3 types of weather but users found in the full builder the features tunings for the different weather conditions, flows, move of the clouds fronts, etc... and speaking about it at sukhoi.ru... we forgot to swith it off also there before the show....
They found there so many things that we even didn't plan to show nearest time.... and not all features will go in release really.... they simply are going in code for future add-ons and updates by a plan.

Its why I plan step by step making shots in English version of the sim to put them here and to comment myself each feature planned or already done that they found in different places of the sim at the show...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Oleg,

The new series with Battle of Britain and Battle for Moscow is also presented as IL-2 in the title. I assume this is the actual name?

Advantage is that this name is very well known, and a household name is in the combat flight sim business.
Disadvantage is that people might think it is an add on for the first IL-2 series.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
Oleg,

Is the mission over after crash landing and stepping out like in IL-2?
At the moment the types of mission end are not finished. There should be different various. Because unfinished the menus of interface at first...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
Oleg,

The new series with Battle of Britain and Battle for Moscow is also presented as IL-2 in the title. I assume this is the actual name?

Advantage is that this name is very well known, and a household name is in the combat flight sim business.
Disadvantage is that people might think it is an add on for the first IL-2 series.
Completely agree with you. I was against such name, but it isn't my decision....
I already had a problem answering interview questions of journalists... I didn't understand them about what is speech... or the new in this area journalists simply was asking some time absolutely not in theme questions due to this mix.
So I personally say Battle of Britain... without Il-2 and other things...
In English it has a bit other name, but anyway with Il-2 as the main.....
Using already world well known Storm of War as a name of new series and just adding the line
'from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series' would be way better really. If someone dislike short SoW sounding not so nice then simply better to make other name... Hope publisher will read it. Anyway I may disagree with the name Il-2 for the completely new series, but final decision - from publisher.

I will try to speak to big guys that to find solution....

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 11-10-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I think IL-2 should be in the name somewhere.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Oleg Maddox;197149]So I personally say Battle of Britain... without Il-2 and other things...
In English it has a bit other name, but anyway with Il-2 as the main.....

Oleg,
Do you mean that "IL-2 Battle of Britain" will not be the English title for the game?

May be something like this is an alternative:

"IL-2 MARK2 Battle of Britain" or
"IL-2 MKII Battle of Britain"
Old 11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I think IL-2 should be in the name somewhere.
Yes, the way Oleg said ('from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series') is the best I think.
So at the moment the name Storm of war is neither in russian nor in european release title?
Storm of war sounds fresh, modern, and cool. Hope it will be Storm of war in the end, because it's a "complete new engine from scratch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
And I told that the shot with the damaged gear is a result of my inaccurate taxing on the feld right after the bomb raid.
Yes, Oleg you said that, but the damage could have been from normal texture crater also, so it wasn't clear. I see, you don't want to talk about the depth of craters.

So, what about tesselation in general and maybe for the use in the bomb crater stuff?
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Hecke, he's said it will be 3D and deep (IIRC), but there'll be a limit Try a search of his posts; I'm sure he stated a figure....