Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

In my warrior game I miss out on magic spring. It isn't in freedom isles either.

My paladin had no sacrifice, and it wasn't in freedom isles.

Probably easiest to score that combo on a mage because they get magic spring from the turtle, where as warriors don't get it. Paladins could probably do it without gift.

With that combo I think I could beat the time, and have no losses, which I think would be the ultimate game.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

No, forget what I said for mage and turtle, mage get 2 scrolls but I think I'm wrong when I wrote it was magic spring and last hero.

Too bad for the warrior game the sets of scrolls and items was quite nice. It's rather surprising you didn't get any magic spring in Darion, I didn't played that many games but always get it in Darion. And you can find it in many places at Darion.

For a 5 days game, if possible, I would bet more on warrior because the biggest challenge is quite soon in Freedom Islands and then Hagard when a mage hasn't yet reach his full power.

EDIT: Today (later) I'll try again for doing the rude fights before Freedom Islands. My plan is Abandoned Castle included all painting and last fight, reach level 10 during this, do magic range, option is do the standard fights in Rezo tower, reach level 11, learn Higher Magic, beat Enemen. I have setup a demonic path and plan to do it. Ok I have to admit I'm not sure I can do that but there's a possibility.

EDIT2: First part done, including last fight of abandoned castle, I only lost 12 Cursed Ghost in this battle, fine for me, anyway I had plenty in reserve. I didn't search a lot but without them, I wonder if I could do that battle. With an attack of only 4 my attack power was too low with other methods like blind+slow.

EDIT4: I tried Enemen but well I don't see how I could manage the necromancer stacks, I need some more skills, spells and some higher level spells, if not more leadership and attack.

So I also did Magic Range and all fights, no dodging. I won't say it was easy but the superiority brought by Cursed Ghost + Target + Support make them ok. The more difficult was the first despite the game show it less strong than other of magic range. The point was that I had to combine target and slow and that's easy to do a mistake. The easiest could have been Demons but in practice has been Humans because even if it was the longer it's the only one I done at first attempt. Below some snapshots showing the key position for each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MagicRange-Animals.JPG (193.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg MagicRange-Dwarf.JPG (199.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg MagisRange-Demon.JPG (191.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg MagicRange-Human.JPG (196.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Vilk; 08-15-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

So I finished Darion level 11 (34128 xp) at 3H11 AM day 3. I didn't fight Medusa, Neutral Griffins, the funny Royal Thorn , Enemem, Gremlins fight of Rezo tower, one small stack not far from Rezo tower. I finally fight Tiberius even if it was a pain.

In term of time, I still have to give a Cyclop to Magic School and beat Enemen. But in fact Enemen requires a bit less of 1H from king castle to king castle. When it's more 1H30/2H for Abandoned Castle and Magic Range. Even if Magic Range is on path you have to end the quest and go to Magic Academy.

Also finish Darion except the rude fight at 22H day 2, is a bit soon. After that, beside rude fights I also take some time to get some more troops and some potions forgot in a shop. Too bad I cannot do Rezo or Enemen to win a bit more time as I had the time to do it before Freedom Islands.

EDIT: One point I forget add, preparing army restore from freedom islands for a 5/6 days game. You can win a bit more time to have all stacks ready at castle. Ok you can only have an approximate Leadership evaluation but still. Also you need take care keep some money for items in shops of Freedom Islands. For my game I get ready stack for some troops and with a large Leadership expectation, some stacks I have in no shop I let a part of them to increase with sacrifice I'll have in Freedom Islands... and let one easy fight not far from castle to restore some stacks with sacrifice. Lol I had let an enemy stack for that and during rush to level 11, I forget it, thanks it's in last fight and only 22xp so I'll still be level 11.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-16-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

well done but what path did u take(and what troop selection?

or is that priest/royal/cursed ghost/archimages?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Thanks. I don't think there's a single path the best valid for any game. I clearly go faster than all my previous attempt but the reason are spread through many points.

For example, in this game, I had inquisitors at Paladin Shop and Cemetery Temple, Cursed Ghost at Northern Beach of Arliana, Royal Snake at Young Witch in Swamps, Gift at Old Witch in Swamps, Magic Spring close to Polar Bear, Ancient Bear in Arliana Castle, Stone Skin at Islands South of Griffins Islands, Target deeper in the Cemetery, Banner of Faith at King Castle worthing 60k. You can add to that, Priests in almost all shops, Horsemen at Knight tent but no Knights, Archmage in usual places.

So the path I used is a mix between not lost time and pick items I consider important in time. From this base some example of decisions:
  • Stone Skin is far from starting points, has no fight around doable until some level up. So I gave up consider getting it until late in game.
  • Gift and Inquisitor are rather important because this bring a res tool. But to get Gift and Inq i had to pay them so I consider going into swamps later but sooner than being able to kill stuff around. And when i get there, i take opportunity to start all quests, Old Witch, Young Witch, Alchemist, Brown Frog, and even choose to do the youth potion quest. But i could do all of that because I could dodge without wait time and not lost much time because of dodging.- and killing asap strong armies there was pointless as anywhere quests will lead me there again later.
  • In beginning Horsemen are very helpful to save time by allowing fewer loss. But each time I get there, the time lost is at least 35/40mn and in fact more because of the time required to get back to continue current stuff. So i organized to get there only three time. I wait be able to get 2 Horsemen from money and leadership point of view. Then next time before going to the Tent, I put the 2 Horsemen in the king castle. And third and last time I take care have a reserve and money to buy all still at tent and put in king Castle.
  • Another example is Ancient Bear, not that far because in Arliana Castle but still. So first time I get there at same time I was going at Knight tent. Second time I put all I had in king castle before go buy a full stack at Arliana Castle. And once when leadership had increased multiple and still no path opportunity to buy more but instead I took opportunity to let them in castle and buy a full stack of bear that was on my path.
  • Or Priest, later in the game I choose them instead of Archer only because I had them into many many shops unlike Archer and could get many opportunities to fill or increase the stack without to lost time.
  • When a path is going to lead me close to a shop where I'll buy a scroll, I take care the path bring me first to a castle and that I sell enough scroll to have a slot to buy more scrolls.
  • I also use probably all path shortcut and I'm sure this win significant time. There are some significants in all area and the game pathfinding and obstacles look could make you not see them a long time if you don't search them specifically and learn how use them despite the weird pathfinding.
  • You can add to that all the more obvious like to organize quests parts to save walking time, to not rush at first shop if your stacks aren't at max size, to try beat an army on the path instead of dodging it and keep it for later (when it's possible), to try buy any useful item and scroll when you go at a shop to not lost time later to get back buy stuff, and so on.
  • Close to Dragon Castle in Verlon I had a strong and very fast hero. dodging it was too much time lost and beat him not possible when I go first in Verlon. So I adapt my general path by not doing at all the Verlon part around this area and quests linked and keep them for later when anyway I had some walk and quest not far to do with barbarian quests.

For armies, that is also linked to game resources that are different from one game to another. Also it depends of the game progression. I used in time order:
  • Archmage, Priest, Archer, Swordman
  • Archmage, Horsemen, Ancient Bear, Priest, Archer
  • Archmage, Horsemen, Bear, Priest, Archer (after a sum of leadership Increase I put Ancient Bear in King Castle and buy a full bear stack that was on my path)
  • Archmage, Horsemen, Ancient Bear, Priest, Archer (Ancient Bear back)
  • Archmage, Inquisitor, Horsemen, Ancient Bear, Priest
  • Archmage, Inquisitor, Horsemen, Ancient Bear, Alchemist, Priest
  • Archmage, Inquisitor, Horsemen, Ancient Bear, Cursed Ghost, Alchemist, Priest
  • Archmage, Inquisitor, Cursed Ghost, Ancient Bear, Alchemist, Priest, Cursed Ghost in Reserve (At this point the leadership was really too high making the too low stack of Horsemen not an interesting option)
  • Archmage, Inquisitor, Cursed Ghost, Ancient Bear, Royal Snake, Priest, Cursed Ghost in Reserve
I didn't used that much Cursed Ghosts in Darion but they was still a key for many very more difficult battles. But in no way they have been my single anwser. I will probably use them much more in Freedom Islands and later in the game.

EDIT: No I'm not a Priest fan, it's just an opportunist use in Darion, I won't bring any in Freedom Islands.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-16-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

Ha, nice, doing magic range at start, never even thought of doing that.

I replayed the mage and he does get magic spring and last hero from the turtle.

Also, the 3 brothers quest in freedom isles, one of the brothers gives you a map to a treasure. Does this actually count as a separate quest, or can you just choose the the brother that stops the other brothers from killing you?

Does the travel by dirgible between the kings castle and dwarf kings castle take time ?

I'm thinking that I'll only have about 5~6hours left after I come back from freedom.
So I should skip any time consuming quests, and concentrate on getting to elf lands at 7am day 4.

Then day 4 go straight to elf queen then to karador, return, do demonis, and enemon, griffin king etc. anything skipped, then by some miracle, go back to elf lands by day 5, finish elf quests, then onto final battle.

Hmm sounds nearly impossible to me...

What quests can you only do half of, and still be counted as being completed?
The fat pirate wife quest makes you go back and forth a lot. Can you quit half way through and still count as completed?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

traveling with derigibles always take time, dont use it if u aim for good time/score
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

No the brother map treasure doesn't count as a quest.

The quest that count for the final score are all those log in the quest diary and are only those. To have the complete list of all those quests you can check the gamebanshee walkthrough, it lists all quests that count for final score and only those quests.

As far I know all quests need to be completed up to end otherwise it won't count at all in final score, it will count as an unfinished quest and will bring no point.

I have started to investigate the Freedom Islands from an optimized time point of view and even if I found few tricks I never used before, do it in 12 hours only seem, for now, impossible. The point is also that I'm not only looking to do the quests but also to do as much fight than possible and pick as much stuff than possible. I consider that too low level can be killer later even if there's some margin.

Well also my current goal is 6 days, not 5 days but I'm looking to play Freedom Islands in a way I could reuse for a later 5 days attempt.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

Ahh righto, I'll have to watch how the quests spawn, particularly the ones that make you go back and forth 3 times, maybe they can be counted as completed when you finish the first part and refuse to do the rest.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Vilk, what difficulty was your 7 day game? I am pretty good at this game but I can't see how it could be done on Impossible. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it was impossible. Next question, are you avoiding difficult stacks in doing this?

Last edited by Zhuangzi; 09-17-2009 at 11:30 PM.