Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Default The luftwaffe and drop fuel tanks 1939-40[!?]

about luftwaffe drop fuel, check this site

http://warandgame.wordpress.com/2008...tanks-1939-40/

i hope oleg see this
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Well, I've got another one here:

In Storm Of War, will we be able to destroy railways? It would make the game much more historically correct. Attacks with bombs or rockets could explode the trails, and slow down enemy train movement in that sector, and it would be a beutiful thing to explode a railway and see a derrailment of a totally loaded fuel train.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

bombed runway damage that last a bit as well for emersion
Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Hello Oleg
I would like to see some way to speed up people hitting the fly button in online games.
maybe a timer that the host could activate?
something ,anything to make people hit that fly button after an allotted time has past
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
Well, I've got another one here:

In Storm Of War, will we be able to destroy railways? It would make the game much more historically correct. Attacks with bombs or rockets could explode the trails, and slow down enemy train movement in that sector, and it would be a beutiful thing to explode a railway and see a derrailment of a totally loaded fuel train.
Oleg said this will be modelled. Do a search in Google Videos for an interview by Mysticpuma with Oleg, couple of years old now but it should still be around.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

I think this is the video you were talking about Codex.

Wheelsup
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

I can't remember if this has been asked before but it is a major gripe for me due to the monotonous regularity of its occurrence ...

When a pilot ejects in SOW, will thier body still pass through the aircraft structure? Or will the body bounce off or get entangled on the airframe?

After successfully bailing out will the parachute become entangled when landing in trees?

Also after a crash landing where the plane flips over (a thing I do quite regularly) will we still get the blue image where the line of sight goes beneath the ground poly's?

Cheers?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

Loved the Simhq interview...
Any chance we can see the game engine in action, short video, even still images?
Second question, you mention 17 planes. Are these historic planes or exotics not linked to the Battle of Britain?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

"You may see again some very interesting details.
Modeling of AAA in our new simulator means following (for example):
Say, if the electricity generator of search light will be destroyed, then the search light wouldn’t work… then the effectiveness of anti aircraft guns also wouldn't be good.
We are developing the simulation of ground AAA support in all areas, including radars, High Command, etc. It will work as a system: damage of one will have result in other.
Also would remind that British and German radar systems will have different purpose as it was in reality."

Oleg Maddox

Any chance there will be a delay between when an aircraft comes into view of the AAA and when the AAA starts firing?

It has always been a major shortcoming of IL2 that surprise attacks are impossible, as if the gunners lived at their guns 24/7. Surprise attacks were not uncommon in real life.

I.D.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idonno View Post
It has always been a major shortcoming of IL2 that surprise attacks are impossible, as if the gunners lived at their guns 24/7. Surprise attacks were not uncommon in real life.
Please excuse me for OT and delete this post if you want, but you can "fake" these surprise attacks by setting the detection range of the AAA to a quite low level. This way, the AAA won't see you until you cross this range, and then it will fire at you as long as you remain in its fire range.
Closed Thread