Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
I think babies (in the game) at pretty bad. Its not hard to find items that are better than them and can be swapped but babies can. So my advice is not to have babies. (How did my wife give birth so fast anyway?)

Buy all the potions. They are cheap and useful. Buy those artifacts with special properties. Who knows when you will need them. Hmm, might as well buy all items they are not expensive anyway.
Of course, it's a question of choise, but I completely disagree) Children usually give very useful bonuses, and the potions are rather useless imo, cause mana replenishes fast, and rage falls rather slowly.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

I find the rage potions invaluable..i build up rage quick during battle but am usually out right at the very start of battles.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

At 500gp a pop for the potions, they can be a life saver. Not a big investment and come in handy for those back to back battles.

Buy all the artifacts that give you some form of permanent bonus after 50 victories. Even if the stats on the artifact may be sub-par with some other items, the permanent bonus is worth using it for 50 battles.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Not sure if it is documented anywhere, but it appears that each point of Attack rating increases your damage by 3.3%.

So if your unit's Attack is 30 higher than the enemy's Defense, you do double damage (+100%). 60 higher, and you do triple damage. Apparently it caps out at triple damage.

Similarly if your unit's Defense is 30 higher than the enemy's Attack, you take half damage. 60 higher makes you take 1/3 damage. Basically each point of defense increases effective health by 3.3%.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Just a couple tips to help starting game-

Get the 2 Rage Spirits ASAP its very easy to get the Swamp Spirit going, just buy some yummy spiders or poisonous snakes to feed him. The other a not too hard fight with some Mages.

Once you have those two Spirits the game becomes much easier along with Scouting.

Max out Scouting asap this skill can really help you pick and choose your battles. Here on it will be the first skill I get. It is a huge help remember, know thy enemy.

GB
Old 10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyBeard View Post
Max out Scouting asap this skill can really help you pick and choose your battles. Here on it will be the first skill I get. It is a huge help remember, know thy enemy.

GB
I have 1 point in it, all i need to know really.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Approved Member

When you put 3 points into it you get a full idea of how many and what kind of troops the enemy has well worth 2 more points imo.

GB
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

I'd rather save the skill points and find out when I actually enter battle.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but when I was first able to go to freedom island I got my a** handed to me real fast lol. My lvl was not yet high enough to start their yet, so I bought a boat and sailed around the western and eastern islands and found many many items and didn't have to fight once. I found around 1000+ leadership flag points, lots and lots of gold, items etc...etc. I then went back to the first island and it made completing all of the side quest much easier.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
I think babies (in the game) at pretty bad. Its not hard to find items that are better than them and can be swapped but babies can. So my advice is not to have babies. (How did my wife give birth so fast anyway?)

Buy all the potions. They are cheap and useful. Buy those artifacts with special properties. Who knows when you will need them. Hmm, might as well buy all items they are not expensive anyway.
agreed