Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

I asked some true red pilots I know and they said they had not noticed it.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
@Notafinger: If you can't express an honest concern about an aspect of Cliffs of Dover in the Official 1C Forum without fear of "spreading misinformation through the community with no evidence to back up the claim".....then please advise where a concern MAY be expressed that meets your approval.
Whoa hold your horses snapper just because one person has a problem doesn't mean everyone has it.... This thread does have the typical band waggon feel to it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Calm down boys.

Thats why i asked for a vid from someone who has had the problem. I wamt to see what the difference looks like and if my situation fitted those who have had the problem.

How am i supposed to post proof of the problem if i dont even know for sure if i had it. Rather arrogant post tbh. Thanks for your input but i'll post what i want not what you think i should post!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notafinger! View Post
All I'm asking is for some evidence that the guns aren't shooting bullets. No drama please.
No drama? Fine. Please don't say we are "spreading misinformation through the community with no evidence to back up our claim" despite my posts to the contrary. That was deliberately offensive IMHO.

Your cursory check of belt loads gave little specifics to make a convincing argument. For instance, what convergences/elevations did you use to effect sufficient dispersion to visually see that you had all eight guns actually hitting the water? Obviously if you used a standard convergence/elevation of just 250 yards or do the dispersion will be so small that you can't tell if two, four, six, or eight guns are indeed actually creating splashes in the water. Perhaps you did actually spread them widely between 150 and 1000 yards -- you didn't say.

The Spitfire/Hurricane models have been so goofed up over these past 18 months -- and still are -- I'm surprised anyone with an open mind would take anything for granted, much less derisively dismiss a true concern over something as critical to gameplay as ordnance and firepower.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Whoa hold your horses snapper just because one person has a problem doesn't mean everyone has it.... This thread does have the typical band waggon feel to it!!!
Krupi, you haven't been on the Teamspeak Red channels of late, otherwise you would know more than one person has experienced this problem and used the FMB to fix it.

AFAIK a problem has been identified -- custom loads built with the GUI online are not always delivering the "full nine yards" as it were.

AFAIK the work around has been established -- build your custom belt loads in the FMB and save it.

This information has been shared with the community. Others may choose to refute it. Fine. But there's no need for casting aspersions on those you disagree with.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

On the same note blue can moan about cannon round not leading to structural damage on spits, beobactung (miss spelled ) seemingly no longer working at all and a 110 that has incorrect weapons.

Anyway whatever the problem I only responded because I believe you quite unfairly jumped on notafinger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Calm down boys.

Thats why i asked for a vid from someone who has had the problem. I wamt to see what the difference looks like and if my situation fitted those who have had the problem.

How am i supposed to post proof of the problem if i dont even know for sure if i had it. Rather arrogant post tbh. Thanks for your input but i'll post what i want not what you think i should post!
macro, I think you may have misunderstood, we were looking for the same thing.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Guys,

This is an issue that can or can not be happening to each player.
It's up to each individual to identify if they have it with their load outs or not.

I believe that the way to identify it is by changing your convergence to something big and firing into the water to see how many splashes you get.

If your plane does not have the problem, fine. If it does, you can read here how to fix it.

I don't think any proof is required for this one. Is up to each pilot to do the due diligence and make sure they are firing the 8 guns or just ignore this warning/heads up post all together.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
On the same note blue can moan about cannon round not leading to structural damage on spits, beobactung (miss spelled ) seemingly no longer working at all and a 110 that has incorrect weapons.

Anyway whatever the problem I only responded because I believe you quite unfairly jumped on notafinger...
Krupi, I will jump on anyone who infers that I, or a fellow forum member that I respect, is spreading misinformation in this community. Unfair? I disagree.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
Guys,

This is an issue that can or can not be happening to each player.
It's up to each individual to identify if they have it with their load outs or not.

I believe that the way to identify it is by changing your convergence to something big and firing into the water to see how many splashes you get.

If your plane does not have the problem, fine. If it does, you can read here how to fix it.

I don't think any proof is required for this one. Is up to each pilot to do the due diligence and make sure they are firing the 8 guns or just ignore this warning/heads up post all together.

My 2 cents.
+1