Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Kaltherzig View Post
What we need to end the vulching problem is both side have controlable flax:
I honestly think this would be hilarious, can you imagine how good it would feel to shoot down someone if you were running the AAA. The chat alone would be priceless.

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
That is so much bollocks, it doesn't even warrant the dignity of a response. Pillock.

Just like saying "Vulching is realistic and part of BOB" You guys are kidding yourself. Show me some stats that show planes had to take off inland because there were enemy planes circling the coastal airfields for 80% of the war. Whatever....if thats what you guys like...it's your server. For those pilots that want a little more realism and think dogfights should take place with planes in the air...look for a server elsewhere.

Last edited by Force10; 10-01-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Just like saying "Vulching is realistic and part of BOB" You guys are kidding yourself. Show me some stats that show planes had to take off inland because there were enemy planes circling the coastal airfields for 80% of the war. Whatever....if thats what you guys like...it's your server. For those pilots that want a little more realism and think dogfights should take place with planes in the air...look for a server elsewhere.
Its really a solution rather than a cure. Front line airbases are dangerous places. Also not all combat flights resulted in action... - So thats not correct in multplayer either.

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X...w=1760&bih=790

Quote:
[Manston]. Its strategic location also meant that it was inevitably to play a major part in the Battle of Britain in 1940. However, its vulnerability on the sea coast of Kent led it to become a target of convenience for the Luftwaffe which bombed and strafed it mercilessly. Many of the raids which it suffered in August and September were carried out not only by Luftwaffe twin-engined bombers, but often involved Me109s making surprise attacks. The defenders often had no warning of enemy aircraft which were able to come in across the sea and then strafed Manston.

Manston was to see some of the most intense fighting of the Battle. Attacks on it did much damage. A particularly serious attacked occurred on 24th August when seven RAF personnel were killed. It was the scene of some remarkable episodes particularly when enemy ground level attacks occurred when flights of Spitfires were actually taking off. Manston’s importance was recognised when the Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, paid it a personal visit on 28th August 1940. He saw such a scene of destruction that he called for the Air Ministry to pay more attention to the urgent need for an organised system to be set up to handle the repairs required both here at Manston and elsewhere in Fighter Command.
From here:
http://www.field-recording.org.uk/ba...raf-manston-2/

Although I get your point. Seems players do bee line to them. You can lead the community to a briefing but you cant make them follow it! So naturally where are enemy fighters going to be? - at airfields...

Just from my own opinion: I think allot of it stems from the poor red FM's were allot of red pilots have decided hugging their AA is a great idea, therefore bringing the fight closer to home and lower but you can't blame them. The blue pilots main ride is the 109 which we all know favours the boom and zoom tactics which favours flying at altitude... Its just cause and effect and it all starts with the mission making and then the players which work out the stratergies..

People seem to seek instant action over Hawkinge, Lympne and Manston but the best fights Ive ever had have been over Deal.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 10-02-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I agree, but I really didn't want someone giving me an earful...

Sod it next time I will mow them down like sheep

One was a spit at manston in a hanger I flew right through it, would have loved to see his reaction
Krupi lmao that was 71st guys all around airfield an in hangers ,we were saying how well you flew , some shut engines off an didnt move ,hoping to blend in to the field ! the guy in the hanger was amazed , but with us you might a got a lol war is hell salute ! baaaa baaaaa
Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4./JG53_Wotan View Post
Its not war - its a game.

There is neither enough ack nor standing CAP on your server to make "vulching" what it was during a real war. Not to mention the issues with getting some aircraft warmed up / started in CLoD.

Its your server - do what you want. The few people who actually still bother to fly this game on line do not need to fly there if they don't like it. However, making stupid comparisons to some half arsed cartoon computer game to a "war" makes you look like an absolute joke.

Wotan
+1
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Look up your history old chum. In the Battle, squadrons were scrambled according to the information disseminated via the RDF stations to Fighter Command, to sector stations, to airfields, to squadrons.

We don't have such a comprehensive command and control system in the game, but we do have 'Arthur' telling us periodically how many aircraft are heading in which direction, in which grid reference and at what height. If you can't be arsed listening, and working out the fact that Alambash is heading for Manston/Hawkinge, then expect some lead up your bum.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
.... In the Battle, squadrons were scrambled according to the information disseminated via the RDF stations to Fighter Command, to sector stations, to airfields, to squadrons.

We don't have such a comprehensive command and control system in the game, but we do have 'Arthur' telling us periodically how many aircraft are heading in which direction, in which grid reference and at what height. ...
This is true, public multiplayer is always going to be a "mad house" they only time its not going to be like that (mostly ) is if your in passworded servers flying against other like minded people... Or unless the server likes to bann people. - but with less than 100 in MP everynight your not going to bann many people before your playing on your own.

Maybe a "commander mode" would be a good feature to add to implement this?

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 10-02-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Its really a solution rather than a cure. Front line airbases are dangerous places. Also not all combat flights resulted in action... - So thats not correct in multplayer either.

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X...w=1760&bih=790

From here:
http://www.field-recording.org.uk/ba...raf-manston-2/

Although I get your point. Seems players do bee line to them. You can lead the community to a briefing but you cant make them follow it! So naturally where are enemy fighters going to be? - at airfields...

Just from my own opinion: I think allot of it stems from the poor red FM's were allot of red pilots have decided hugging their AA is a great idea, therefore bringing the fight closer to home and lower but you can't blame them. The blue pilots main ride is the 109 which we all know favours the boom and zoom tactics which favours flying at altitude... Its just cause and effect and it all starts with the mission making and then the players which work out the stratergies..

People seem to speek instant action over Hawkinge, Lympne and Manston but the best fights Ive ever had have been over Deal.
+1

TBH I never used the flak at my coastal airfields only because I had thought it too ineffective to save my goose from a pursuing 109! LOL. It was a post you made awhile back commenting on defensive flak around RAF airfields that had me look a little closer at the server messages on a Custom Window ingame. For almost every kill (bombers at high alt, LW fighters at low alt) -- I was ALWAYS sharing it with "Bofors, bofors, bofors" and getting credit for part of a kill. It was an "aha!" moment!

re Red FM's: much improved for 100 octane Spits in this beta 1.09. Much less prone to overheat if careful (but still very possible!), I believe that at low-to-mid altitudes they are a fair match for the 109's in terms of performance. Sea level speeds seem very close. I'm finding co-energy 109's still have a climb advantage, but Spits are no longer floundering around below. I still think 109's have too vicious an accelerated stall and spin at high speed, but I believe I'm alone in thinking that. Just as well....it's saved my bacon a few times over the weekend!

All to say, I believe with this latest RC 1.09 patch that encounters between opposing Spits and 109's have become much more interesting for both parties. Airfield suppression tactics (vulching) especially will be wild -- aggressive Jabo raids will be increasingly met with fierce interceptions. Fun times for all!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

And Maidstone may be bumpy, but it's ever such a peaceful and quiet airfield...

By the time you get over Manston/Hawkinge, you're at >15,000ft. Then you get the call.....'Low flak over Manston' (of course they should say 'ack-ack', I mean we're not Germans after all, but 'flak' seems to be 'de riguer' in these latter days), or 'Vulcher (vulture?) over Littlestone!'....But you've by now got so much height, you can scream down on them like a screaming diving thing, with a pot of kinetic and potential energy so huge you'd think your name was the name of a big bloke.

Unfortunately, you may be going so fast, you collide with your adversary, or conversely shoot down a Blenheim coz it looks so much like an '88.

But I bet both those things happened in real life too.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 10-02-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: couldn't spell 'kinetic' :(
Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Approved Member

ATAG_Dutch wrote:

".......or conversely shoot down a Blenheim coz it looks so much like an '88."

Hey, it looked like it was making a low level run against our ships!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (Apologies once again to Epoch. Who would think I would actually HIT something on my first pass for once???? )