Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
Am I reading this right? That the average FPS are between 8 - 24 FPS? If this is correct then I'm sorry I don't feel 8 FPS is at all good, if we are getting low FPS in clouds before the patch then they cannot be much lower then 8 FPS? I would like to see atleast a steady 30FPS across the board and I thought this is what they were working to do. I would like some specs of the computer this was tested on if Blacksix can provide that.
Ugghh... I believe those are comparison shots. That's massive boost from 8fps to 22fps in terms of percentage.

Since BlackSix said that they are compiling a new build just now, I assume those screenshots are made with development builds which are almost always much slower, hence the low average FPS.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
Am I reading this right? That the average FPS are between 8 - 24 FPS? If this is correct then I'm sorry I don't feel 8 FPS is at all good. I would like to see atleast a steady 30FPS across the board and I thought this is what they were working to do. I would like some specs of the computer this was tested on if Blacksix can provide that.
I think the screenies show before (8fps) and after (26fps), take the screenies in pairs.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Yeah everyone needs to really look at the screenshots... there are 4... 2 are before, 2 are after... come on guys... use your heads...
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Exellent! I may be buying bom on release after all!

Cant wait!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

If it all works out many thanks, I truly hope it does

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Yeah everyone needs to really look at the screenshots... there are 4... 2 are before, 2 are after... come on guys... use your heads...
Soz my bad 26FPS is good enough for me in clouds
Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the updates B6. Looking really good.

Did anyone else notice the individual number plates on the trucks?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Nice update. It's a shame that you never see things like trucks, tank, trains, people etc in the current game unless you are willing to build your own missions which I don't have the time or inclination to do.
Agreed. If we had moving supply lines, tank columns, trains, ect to attack while online it would make me very happy.

Yeah I read those screenshots as before and after, I don't know how some of you guys didn't really grasp that concept. So now if I'm flying and go in the clouds instead of my fps dropping to 8 it will drop to 26? That's an improvement I'll take. Plus I'm sure most of us here have better PCs than what the devs are using maybe it will be even more smooth then? I'm an optimist
Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Would love to see the test machines specs to get an idea of what kind of improvement we are really looking at on your end B6.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Thanks for the updates B6. Looking really good.

Did anyone else notice the individual number plates on the trucks?
IL2COD is the same way. All license plates are different. I tried up to 1000 vehicles once and ran out of energy trying to find a duplicate

Thanks for the update. Performance improvements are a nice thing to see!

ATAG Forums + Stats