Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Im just very sad that the development are having to work so hard, take a few weeks break and start again with fresh minds, nobody here minds waiting for a month or so more.

Thanks very much for your supreme efforts in fixing these "last minute problems" im sure you will overcome them and release the patch when its ready.

when its ready its ready chaps, and not a second before.

Im excited to try the patch with all these improvements.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Black Six- a thought-
First, I commend you and the team for making a difficult decision. I have read many of the posts here, and I believe the majority of the community would rather have a late patch that is perfected, than a rushed patch which is not. So, bravo to you and the team. That fact that you are willing to face the "slings and arrows" of some of those on this board whose sentiments are contrary to the majority shows you truly [I]care[I] about the end result. So do we. Carry on- and keep us informed!
Chris
Old 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissyChrissy View Post
I don't post in here very often, but i read the update threads regularly.

And let me say, thanks for the effort. I love CloD, and look forward to it being even better.

As for the stress that the negative sentiments on this board are obviously are obviously having on you, well, you said it yourself. This is your life, whereas the comments are coming from people who are gamers. Serving your customers, in my opinion, stops short of putting up with their abuse, much less taking it to heart.

Just keep up the good work. The vast majority of us appreciate it. It's just the vocal few who have nothing better to do than to flame on the internet over a computer game. Their opinion shouldn't matter to anyone.

[Edit] Besides that, any rational person would see the the validity of a decision to wait until something is done right before releasing something that's wrong just to meet a self imposed timeline.
AMEN

thanks to B6 and the team
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Now that's a real update. Honest, we know what the issues are and very sincere. I for one would rather have real info on the sim I'm playing now rather than pics of a sim I might buy in the future. Keep your hands on the plow and get er done!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Now that's a real update. Honest, we know what the issues are and very sincere. I for one would rather have real info on the sim I'm playing now rather than pics of a sim I might buy in the future. Keep your hands on the plow and get er done!
+1.

Just work harder and release this patch. We are all waiting and bought this alpha build of CloD.

I know that all this problems are not so big and will be solved, but please keep more regular and specific updates like this and we all will be more confident!

We like to be informed with true words like these. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the news. Good to hear that it is almost done.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Thankyou for your honesty in your Friday update Blacksix.

23 Mar 2012 Luthier post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30683
<snip> The latest patch that has been “almost ready” for months, and it’s even more almost ready today. The graphics rework is basically done. The average framerate has shot up almost twice. Only one relatively minor issue remains that prevents the gunsight, tracers, and bullet decals from being drawn. Of course, this minor technical issue has a huge impact on gameplay, and that is why we cannot release it to the public in its current state.<snip>

13 April BlackSix post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31097
We're very glad to announce that the beta patch is largely done. It's going into wide internal testing today, which will last through the weekend and probably a couple of days more. After we make sure nothing is amiss, we'll make the beta patch available to everyone

19 April BlackSix post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31264
I have to tell you is very bad news - the current beta version of the patch didn't pass internal test and was sent back for revision. We plan to assemble the new version only at the beginning of the next week.

28 April BlackSix post http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31604
<snip>However, the things that are the current "known issues" are:
· No dynamic low-caliber hit decals showing on aircraft;
· Detached aircraft chunks losing their texture and becoming pitch-black;
· Little particle "dust" that comes out of weapon hits looking like untextured squares;
· Gunsights always white in color;
· No waypoint lines rendered in map or FMB;
· Pilot and Plane models not rendering textures in Options - Pilot and Options - Plane respectively;
· DX9 support not ready for public consumption.<snip>

Progress is indeed disappointing. It seems that the problem identified by Luthier on 23 Mar remains unresolved after 5 weeks of work. I do not understand how one remaining issue on 23 March has become 7-8 issues on 28 April ? It feels like the patient is beyond rescuscitation.

Is this Luthier & the team trying to rescucitate ClOD?

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE

Last edited by salmo; 04-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update BS
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Default Issue relativity

I'm a manager not a techie but I do manage techies, so if one gives me this list of issues:
"No dynamic low-caliber hit decals showing on aircraft;
· Detached aircraft chunks losing their texture and becoming pitch-black;
· Little particle "dust" that comes out of weapon hits looking like untextured squares;
· Gunsights always white in color;
· No waypoint lines rendered in map or FMB;
· Pilot and Plane models not rendering textures in Options - Pilot and Options - Plane respectively;
· DX9 support not ready for public consumption".
My question would go like this: -- OK what's the relativity here in terms of magnitude, complexity, importance, time to fix and resources needed? Then I know what to do. I'm happy BS gives us an update, but I don't know how to process it.
I know we have guys here who really know this stuff, so can you help me understand if overall this is a big deal, a BIG deal a REALLY BIG DEAL, a You'll Soil Yourself when You See It or ho hum, just a scratch??
Over.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Thanx for the update Salmo

Sorta puts BS in perspective..

I do admire BS and the apparent language skills improvement.

A perfect patch would be nice....A good patch sooner, would be nicer.