Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
what i can defend is that i believe we have seen enough evidence over the years to support the fact that large elements of a very complex and sophisticated next gen flightsim have already been built into the SoW series during the latter years of development, which means they should be able to add them in rapidly one the performance issue is resolved (and we have just seen direct evidence of this with the AA gun control and added vehicles)

given i have very serious problems running CoD at all on my current mid level pc, you can call me an optimist, albeit a well informed one with a good memory of what we were shown and told over the many years of development
If I hadn't defended your point of view for 5 years, I probably would think the same. Now, I believe it, when I see it. Period.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

the anti-epilepsy problem was over exploited in an attempt to justify the way CLoD was released IMO. but that's all water under the bridge now...
Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatta Raso View Post
the anti-epilepsy problem was over exploited in an attempt to justify the way CLoD was released IMO. but that's all water under the bridge now...
You might say that, i cant possibly comment.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

i mean i don't believe that things were coming along or radically better with CLoD, then came the said AE filter and damn, it all went upside down.

if the devs were having trouble putting it all together, and they certainly were, well the allegedly last minute implementation of an image filter (due to publisher demand) certainly didn't help.

so when CLoD was released, some justification by the devs was in order, even if it had to be partial and discussable at best. we're talking politics and marketing issues here, where truth officially has a very relative meaning.

anyway we have no proof one way or the other, it's a guess as others have been making.. and as i said it really doesn't matter much now; it's a wait and see what they can do to fix this. next patch seems to be the real test for the dev team
Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

I agree, this patch is very important and i hope its the patch the devs, the forum and everybody hopes it is.
Good luck to them.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

Things got a little off-topic here and I apologize if I added any additional work for the mods by starting this thread.

I simply wanted to show some appreciation, not defend or accuse anyone of anything.

Just trying to generate some positivity. Go team.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Approved Member

No worries really. All opinions, negative and positive, are welcome. It's manners (or the lack of them) we care about when moderating, not opinions.

As for your "responsibility" or to be accurate, the lack of it, as long as your posts are respectful of other people you got nothing to fear. It's obvious you started a thread in good intentions, it's not your fault it got slightly off-topic. Also, even off-topic tangents can have merit and threads are allowed to go on as a result.

I would also like to extend an offer to any user, if at any point they want help to maintain a thread they started on its intended track, they are welcome to post in their thread and request it. We now have enough moderators to cover all timezones and it wouldn't be a stretch to say that more than 95% of threads are actually being read by us.

If at any time you (or anyone else) wants some help maintaining a thread, you don't even have to PM us. Just post in your thread and request help. You might want a thread clean up, or just splitting off-topic parts to a separate thread. Just post in your thread and ask (reasonable stuff of course, ie, we won't do anything if someone tells us to "delete posts of people that don't agree with me" if those people post within the rules )
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

No pun intended and I read you loud and clear Blackdog..
This next patch needs to be a doozy.
I want it to be a doozy...Old WWII American verbiage...meant in the positive.
No one can reasonably expect that it will fix everything.
I do believe that it must address the most serious issues and that patches
in the future, must come sooner.