Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
So they will abandon CLOD which isnt (still) optimized at all just to deliver a prodcut for russian market...great....I hgave them 50 bucks....NO MORE from me....
No. The addon is 99% constituted by maps and 3D objects, done by 3D modelers. The game engine is common, so the GFX, DM, FM teams will continue to work on the bugs and improvements or the Il2: Cliffs of Dover series. Not so difficult to understand.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

If its to be merged then that's great...
Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

All il2 games in the past have merged, I do not see them changing this. I do see them selling it firstly as a stand alone game with the ability to merge both and then as with all il2 incarnations, a gold pack with an udated merge patch forcing players to buy both at a later stage normally six months after release
One hopes the SDK is released soon and modders can get active fixing (maybe fixing is too harsh a work, lets say creating )what needs to be fixed. It is just sad to think that I still fly il2-1946 with it's mods more than I fly it's replacement.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
The last 10% are always the most difficult to be done. Most products never get over the 90% stage. And you will agree that 90% of CloD already have been done, won't you?
It may be 90% done (that would depend on what you are basing that percentage on: lines of code? man hours? final in-game content?), but there is some important stuff left to fix. The devs are still hard at work on CloD.

from: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...181#post350181

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Our main priorities now are:

1. Physics and FM. This means plane behavior in the air, brand new landing gear model on the ground, collision modeling including tree collision (if performance allows), and improved vehicle physics.
2. AI. Currently working on everyone’s favorite controls flutter and AI wingman behavior. Also working on improving radio comms, getting your crew to be more verbose on the intercom, and lots of other changes. Coupled with #1, this should give us quite a dramatic change in how air combat looks and feels.
3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.
4. Sound. The sound in the v15950 is considered a beta. We will continue to improve existing sound, and to add new ones to the aircraft and to the world around them.
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

I've got my money's worth out of it so far. Luckly I haven't had the stability issues some people have been having!

I definately will be buying the next upgrade or expansion pack that the developers release.

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I've got my money's worth out of it so far. Luckly I haven't had the stability issues some people have been having!

I definately will be buying the next upgrade or expansion pack that the developers release.

Cheers!
It's tough waiting for the AI and comms fixes, but I agree 100%.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Don't forget a few bonus planes!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
The last 10% are always the most difficult to be done. Most products never get over the 90% stage. And you will agree that 90% of CloD already have been done, won't you?
No Foobar i dont, FM, DM, clouds, dynamic weather, any weather!, sound,radio coms, memory leaks, Exe crashes, Track record feature, ground handling, map features, FSAA, Full screen, FMB docs, QMB, AI, single player campaign all need quite a bit of work.

Its about 60% done to me so far.

Last edited by furbs; 12-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
No Foobar i dont, FM, DM, sound,radio coms, memory leaks, Exe crashes, Track record feature, ground handling, map features, FSAA, Full screen, FMB docs, QMB, AI, single player campaigns all need quite a bit of work.

Its about 60% done to me so far.
I have to agree, best way to gauge it is take someone not interested in this niche and ask them to gauge the game itself as a game. You wont get a good response. I feel just like as for my own self, its aviation bias that makes me still try to play it.
Yes there are features that impress, to a aviation enthusiast, but it fails in so many regular standard ways that its still no where near a level that i believe should be on sale, not having an effective fullscreen is just terrible standards.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

I reckon all of this wouldn't be happening if someone had the decency of using his English language skills and post the road map (which apparently is there and well clear too) on the future of this sim