Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
And the flaw is ?
Ok I'll start over.

Currently Hyperlobby doesn't track people who join directly, only those who join through HL itself. This is a flaw, since it doesn't give accurate population numbers.

You said earlier that that is not a flaw. If you don't see it that way then we're going to have to agree to disagree. When I see it reporting inaccurate numbers I don't know what else to call it other than a flaw.

But it's possible to get accurate player counts, because the server controllers like FBDj do it.

So if Hyperlobby connected to the dedicated server the same way FBDj does, then it would have accurate player numbers.

Does that clear it up?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

The flaw is here, "Hyperlobby can only connect and monitor pilots that join via the Hyperlobby".
All Seeing Eye (RIP) and Xfire have no problem showing every server and their connected # of clients, letting you connect to them irrespective if the server is hosted on HL, through them or in any other way.

On the CLOD subject..going by your words my guess is 1C softclub want money from hyperlobby as a 3rd party who makes profit (donations) from piggybacking on CLOD?
Sad evolution but it's all too common these days and in a way understandable even if I wish it wasn't so.
IF so (for all I know they just have to wait for the SDK or there's some other obstacle) and there are really alot of people who love HL and want it to support CLOD. Jiri/HL should set up a webpage with a counter towards the goal (price of the licensingfee) and see how much support they can muster, with the withdrawals done once the goal is reached.

A word from the devs about how they see CLOD interacting with 3rd party apps and mods wouldn't go amiss in a future update. But isn't to be expected soon considering everything still seems to be very hectic right now... we'll have to wait for CLOD to succeed and things to calm down at the office.

Last edited by Warhound; 06-24-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typo's
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Not sure why not seeing all the people in the server thru HL rates as a fundamental flaw. Hyperlobby should get alot of credit from the IL-2 community for years of basicly free service. I've found Steam very good for updating final downloads and rectifiying beta problems, but there seems to be very few people online. Not sure if Steam is showing all the available servers, or if COD is still too flacky to be enjoyed online.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Gentlemen i think we need a little clarification here, not having a real time count of people on a HL lobby server because of people who do a direct connect is an inconvenience logging off ALL servers for no apparent reason is a fundamental flaw.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post

You know i have no agenda and BD i am not "misinformed" I know what was promised in terms of 3rd party (HL) and how the MODS will be handled and how VAC will work to maintain continuity and so on...
I have been here since day 1 doing my part so i don't someone like Doggles telling me "what is" without having the knowledge or exp with the client the server or the game in general.

S!
That's why i prefaced the second part of my post with "on a non-personal note", it wasn't referring to you directly but to a recent forum trend in general. Cheers
Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
That's why i prefaced the second part of my post with "on a non-personal note", it wasn't referring to you directly but to a recent forum trend in general. Cheers
no worries m8, i was cross eyed and in a bad mood
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Not sure why not seeing all the people in the server thru HL rates as a fundamental flaw. Hyperlobby should get alot of credit from the IL-2 community for years of basicly free service. I've found Steam very good for updating final downloads and rectifiying beta problems, but there seems to be very few people online. Not sure if Steam is showing all the available servers, or if COD is still too flacky to be enjoyed online.
It's a flaw in that it's something that doesn't work the way it ought to (in my opinion). It's fundamental in that it's rooted in the design of the software.

I was asked to provide an example of a flaw in HL and that was what I chose.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
Gentlemen i think we need a little clarification here, not having a real time count of people on a HL lobby server because of people who do a direct connect is an inconvenience logging off ALL servers for no apparent reason is a fundamental flaw.

S!
Call it what you will.

I suspect in time we will all learn that the clod servers logging off was a bug in the clod dedicated server code.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Call it what you will.

I suspect in time we will all learn that the clod servers logging off was a bug in the clod dedicated server code.
ok..then explain how they all (the servers) managed to talk to each other and decide to log off at the same time.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

No, I don't think I will.

Since I am not a developer I don't have access to the source code. Anything beyond "it's a bug" is merely conjecture on my part.

You don't know they "talked to each other"

You don't know they "decided to log off"

But you can infer from the fact that literally hundreds of games have working dedicated servers that it's not a problem with steam. It's a problem with this particular dedicated server. Use logic.