Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Re: ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty
Rumours of IL2's death are not exaggerated:Somebody hacked a dead game.

Doesn`t change a thing from the legal point of view.Why don`t you find someone who doesn`t like his car.The steal it, the car ain`t his favorite anyway.Maybe the Police banging at your door will make you understand what are you doing.Wait, there`s very little probability that you will be fined/judged for you actions.That makes you spit in Oleg`s face and laugh.Just because there is little way of making you feel the consequences of your doing.Those two things are quite the same.
It is said that one of humanity`s biggest achievements is making people respect private property.Your symbolic example only shows that carnal law is one of the most useful mechanisms the humanity could develop.

2nd is that things would probably go to the trusted 3rd party as Oleg said.I don`t see you quoting that.I know why.It simply makes your thesis false.3rd party HACKING reduces the above possibility significantly.I`m not exactly surprised you didn`t think about it.You have quite a support.

Quote:
Guess it's time to start worrying about something important: Third World debt relief. The AIDS crisis. Famine in Zimbabwe. The suppression of democratic freedoms in Russia. The rise of the Chinese economy. Global Warming. Israel and Hezbollah. Iran/Iraq.

Y'know - really important stuff.

Can you do it, Carguy? Can ya?
Oh thank you very much.

1st off I wouldn`t think you`re able to grade things correctly given your intellect.I`ll just pass on your advice,thank you.

2nd I`m on the boards long enough to take just about any insult with a smile.You want to "piss me off"?Throw some relevant arguments into the topic that I couldn`t break down after 15seconds of thinking how to build a polite reply.
You can howl as long as you want.I`ll give you facts that noone of you mod supporters were ever able to take down.

3rd, we have global institutions taking care of that.I`m doing my part by giving them some money from time to time.

4th, it`s not exactly time consuming/ hard to tell you how limited the likes of you are.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Hi Pike

There is a huge difference between Bill Gates and the Maddox team. Bill Gates develops a sim and forgets about it. They even dropped the whole series. It was also designed to be modded by the community.
The Maddox team have supported their game since 2001 and had plans to licence the further development of the sim after they moved on to the SOW series. Portions of the sim were never designed or intended to be modded. The monies they make on this sim will make noone a multi-millionaire.
CFS3 needed to be heavily modded to be at all interesting. Even if you added in all the best mods of CFS3, it still wouldn't even come close to the quality of the IL-2 series.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas
Hi Pike

There is a huge difference between Bill Gates and the Maddox team. Bill Gates develops a sim and forgets about it. They even dropped the whole series. It was also designed to be modded by the community.
The Maddox team have supported their game since 2001 and had plans to licence the further development of the sim after they moved on to the SOW series. Portions of the sim were never designed or intended to be modded. The monies they make on this sim will make noone a multi-millionaire.
CFS3 needed to be heavily modded to be at all interesting. Even if you added in all the best mods of CFS3, it still wouldn't even come close to the quality of the IL-2 series.
That is very true!
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
Dear Outlaw,
According to him there were no passwords but I don't know about the authorization bit.
If he was aware that he was not authorized then I'd tend to be hard on him, although the lack of active hacking would count for something.

Quote:
Execution is a little excessive and short-sighted don't you think?
Not for treason and/or spying it's not and, like I said, I would expect the same from any other country.

Quote:
Also, that is a bit of a convienience isn't it.......you are at fault if you don't fully understand it.....I suppose you are supposed to pay a fortune to a lawyer to have it explained to you, which if you are not that rich is excessive.
There's no fault in not understanding, however, if you AGREE to something you don't understand then you are at fault. Maybe it's just me but the EULA just isn't that hard to understand.

--Outlaw.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw

There's no fault in not understanding, however, if you AGREE to something you don't understand then you are at fault. Maybe it's just me but the EULA just isn't that hard to understand.

--Outlaw.
That can be debatable in a court of law, even though it's spelled out it can be-fought! The judge may find fault of the company for not fully explaining the use of the EULA, depends on the amount of money and time the Company want's to spend on that person.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 11-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Approved Member

Maybe the "Modded car anology" is a good one here. You buy a car from a car company. Now there is a whole industry built up on modding those original cars isn't there? In fact modders even routinely hack the cars cpu computer software to make performance mods for these very same cars and they all sell these performance mods without any money going back to the original company that I know of. What is the difference here? The EULA? No one is selling original Il-2 games here. Hell, they aren't even making any money on the mods even. All I see is a bunch of whiney baby on-liners making all kinds of excuses up why no one should touch their precious game whatsoever because someone may just cheat on them in on-line play. Isn't this why software like "punkbusters" was invented? Seems to me it is up to the servers to inforce cheating rules and not on-line whiners...

To me many the on-line crowd are extreamly selfish. They think not a bit about the non-onliners whatsoever just that someone may cheat on them in some on-line game. IMO these complainers more often then not are substandard pilots. Hell i see these same type of complainers whine about the game's ai cheating them even!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

"Darn it the Ai is modding it'self now.! "
Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

This is getting complicated.......suffice is to say that I personally have no bones about paying for a really exceptional and enjoyable sim like this one. I have every respect for Oleg and the efforts that he puts in for us all and would just love to meet and talk to the man himself. I cannot wait for BoB and have preordered it. I realize that these legalities are really there to stop one company from ripping off another and not so much for the ordinary Punter like you and I. It just annoyes me when I see situations where these laws appear to be a convienience for getting at people who are (or seem to be) just trying to make things better for all of us. Much the same as the situation with Oleg and the Avenger farce....as I saw it there was no need for it and to me they were just being awkward because they could be.
Best regards,
SLP
Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
This is getting complicated.......suffice is to say that I personally have no bones about paying for a really exceptional and enjoyable sim like this one. I have every respect for Oleg and the efforts that he puts in for us all and would just love to meet and talk to the man himself. I cannot wait for BoB and have preordered it. I realize that these legalities are really there to stop one company from ripping off another and not so much for the ordinary Punter like you and I. It just annoyes me when I see situations where these laws appear to be a convienience for getting at people who are (or seem to be) just trying to make things better for all of us. Much the same as the situation with Oleg and the Avenger farce....as I saw it there was no need for it and to me they were just being awkward because they could be.
Best regards,
SLP

Just found out pike that for modding purposes the EULA means absolutely nothing. This is from a lawyer btw. The on-line flying community has been trying to sell this myth over and over to all the modders so they wouldn't mod the game it now appears. It is also pretty certain they knew it meant nothing right from the start!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkervision

Just found out pike that for modding purposes the EULA means absolutely nothing. This is from a lawyer btw. The on-line flying community has been trying to sell this myth over and over to all the modders so they wouldn't mod the game it now appears. It is also pretty certain they knew it meant nothing right from the start!
I'll find three lawyers that say otherwise!!! nice try stalker!

And those who point fingers at people being substandard are usually the ones that are substandard. I know the truth hurts....

I could care less what you do off-line with the program, but using the stuff on line is complete BS for every "honorable" mod user is 10 "cheater" mod users. Only looking to cause havoc and show everyone what a smacktard they are.
Closed Thread