Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Ataros

can you ask the Devs to give a small example on how to create a ClientAddIn? This would allow us to create a COOP menu ourself and we wouldn't have to wait for the Devs. I've created a ServerAddIn but have no clue how to create the ClientAddIn and how to pass it to the clients.

If the devs can't provide this information I'd sugguest the ServerAddIn could read the chat log and interact with the users by chat, e.g.

Player: !airGroups
Server: JG27, 41Squadron, ...
Player: !selectGroup 41Squadron
Player !aircrafts
Server: A(SpitfireI), B(SpitfireI), ...
Player: !selectAircraft A
Player: !ready
Host: !fly

In which folder can I find the log.txt?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I'm not arguing with you, i'm just telling you what certain features do. Whether you decide to experiment with them and use them to your advantage so that you can go fly in the meantime, or not do so and wait for a straight port of IL2's coop interface is up to you
Thats fine Blackdog, we can see what the DF can do, im sure it can do some niffty things.

But we still need CO-OPs and that my point.

Did you ever see the amount of great single mission CO-OPs at mission 4 today? or see hyperlobby working with people playing CO-OPs all the time, plus all the online wars done in CO-OP mode.

the CO-OP allows you to play set piece actions for small numbers with very little fuss. Thats what i would like.

It cant of missed the devs attention im sure.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Every single training session of 3GIAP back in VOW and VEF1,2 times was done in Dogfight with airstart. We just spawned and circled 10-20 seconds around spawn point waiting for everyone and for a Go command. Not really a lot of work to do ))

It is possible to do the same now and even add AI to the map if someone needs it. I think AI is good for personal gunnery training only, not for squad training imho.

Devs told they work on the coop menu but it may take more time than everyone hopes.

I would prefer to have a coop menu inside a dogfight server, i.e. a player joins a server, then selects an airfield (optionally) and only then presses a button for a coop-style menu where a player selects how many aircrafts to spawn into coop, targets, etc. In this case we can have "coop-airfields" at every dogfight server and players would be able to generate coops themselves in real time.
Thats cool, but im sure you have used CO-OPs too for training right?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
Ataros

can you ask the Devs to give a small example on how to create a ClientAddIn? This would allow us to create a COOP menu ourself and we wouldn't have to wait for the Devs. I've created a ServerAddIn but have no clue how to create the ClientAddIn and how to pass it to the clients.

If the devs can't provide this information I'd sugguest the ServerAddIn could read the chat log and interact with the users by chat, e.g.

Player: !airGroups
Server: JG27, 41Squadron, ...
Player: !selectGroup 41Squadron
Player !aircrafts
Server: A(SpitfireI), B(SpitfireI), ...
Player: !selectAircraft A
Player: !ready
Host: !fly

In which folder can I find the log.txt?
Someone asked this before but devs did not give an answer. Probably they want to include it in next patch. You can write to Geniok http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...3&daysprune=45
and ask him to send you small example of add-in code. He speaks English I think. If he does not, ask Small_Bee http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...5&daysprune=45 IIRC Small_Bee sent his example of client add-in code to Geniok initially.

@ Furbs
No. We considered it a waste of time to wait for squadmates to join a coop session in coop menu. We preferred to wait for everyone in a dogfight session because you can practice some duels or gunnery on dogfight server while waiting for others to get online. And shooting AI is also waste of time in a squad training imho as well as flying to target in coop mode. The idea was to practice teamwork in as many dogfights as possible in a given time. 5-7 minutes per 5vs.5 dogfight was enough.

Everyone has their own preferences and training procedures of cause. Let's hope we have the interface coming in the next patch.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Furbs, have you tried creating groups, and having your members just jump into them? Messing around with this, I found an extra benefit that Co-op didn't have, when someone crashes, or whatever thing fails, they can simply jump into another plane without everyone having to be kicked out, load another mission, wait for people to get settled back in, take their coffee breaks, etc...

Makes it easier if Map Icons are on, but then again, its training isn't it? small price to pay, when you train navigation, force them to spawn and find each other.

Groups can be created with up to 40 aircraft I believe, so training sessions could go longer with less hiccups than before. More focus on the actual task, vs the setup.
you could fill each airfield with 30 planes and as long as you set them to spawn PARKED and IDLE they will not move and you can just keeping jumping in a new one till you run out...not bad for group practice .

S!

@furbs

sorry m8 there is no "classic" CO-OP you can however get online create a lobby called "CO-OP HERE" or what ever you fancy, people will join you explain the COOP tell them what base you will take off from and what positions you wish them to take, tell them the name of your server and remind them that when they join they will see nothing till you START the mission.

if you have AI on your side and you are doing a ground start make sure they spawn PARKED and let them take off firt or they will run into you.

i know its a PITA but i guess it is better than nothing

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Thats fine Blackdog, we can see what the DF can do, im sure it can do some niffty things.

But we still need CO-OPs and that my point.

Did you ever see the amount of great single mission CO-OPs at mission 4 today? or see hyperlobby working with people playing CO-OPs all the time, plus all the online wars done in CO-OP mode.

the CO-OP allows you to play set piece actions for small numbers with very little fuss. Thats what i would like.

It cant of missed the devs attention im sure.
It's not what DF can do because there's no DF either, it's Coop and DF rolled into one

I'm not against extra options (i actually believe the opposite). I just don't see the superiority of the old mode and it's not for lack of use: i used it a lot with IL-2:1946 to bring a buddy back into flight sims after a 10 year absence.

That guy had only rudimentary flight controls when he started, he used to be a falcon4 flier and had absolutely no idea about how to fly prop-planes with all their fancy control issues like torque and the like.
When all was said and done, the amount of times i had wished for capabilities similar to the new mode we now have was astronomical: once he would crash on take-off, then he would ram the ground targets, then he would crash into me, then if he didn't do any of that he would ram one of the Ju52s i had set up for air to air gunnery practice, and the list goes on and on.

If i could have had 20 Spitfires under AI control for us to jump into as they are orbiting 5 minutes from the target, plus a script to give us wave after wave of Ju52s i would have saved an immense amount of time. I really shudder at the thought of having to train 10 people at once and be at their mercy to get their stuff in order with some competency each and every time, or be forced to have a mission restart in the expected case that they wouldn't

There's only two things we need to have the full functionality of IL2 style coops in the sim:
a) a timer option to start the mission
b) a way to take control of aircraft without having to turn on icons or externals (simply having a list of existing aircraft ala Il2 and friendly icons only on the preflight map would do it).

Until then we can use a pool of loitering AI aircraft, enable icons on the map and have people click on their ride and then click fly, or have externals on so they can cycle the external camera to their aircraft and press alt-F1 to jump into it.

In other words, all that's missing to have the full capabilities of coop mode back is a couple of interfacing options, not the underlying structure.