Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

I'm with Oleg, Luthier, Choctaw & CO, the tracers are perfect. Maybe just a little thick, but we will probably see lighting and other effects be different in different amounts of light.

This in 480p:

Lasers! See his other videos, one has yellow tracers. Gun is Rheinmetall-Borsig 35mm.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

They should be a bit thinner and a bit darker during day light in my opinion.But Im very happy with them so far.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

yes yes Royraiden i loock the photo contrail of bullets exist affermative.

but in the video i not loock this are invisible?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
I'm with Oleg, Luthier, Choctaw & CO, the tracers are perfect. Maybe just a little thick, but we will probably see lighting and other effects be different in different amounts of light.

This in 480p:

Lasers! See his other videos, one has yellow tracers. Gun is Rheinmetall-Borsig 35mm.
Very good exemple ...If you look at those that are fired during daytime, you will agree that they are very thin and kind of "pointy" at the extremeties...
And this would seem to be the only issue with COD's tracers...They look a bit square and are to large for daytime visuals...
And this seems to be a concensus among members of this forum....I'm not saying that Luthier and Oleg are wrong,I am saying that the tracers could be
top notch with a little change...

Salute !
Old 03-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
yes yes Royraiden i loock the photo contrail of bullets exist affermative.

but in the video i not loock this are invisible?
There are different types of ammo,not all leave the smoke trails.There was one video from one game event at Kiev showing those lovely spiral trails.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Sternjaeger

ok, that's a 35mm modern rapid fire cannon, so that's a bit overkill, but I reckon the tracers effect they achieved so far are quite convincing. A bit more of alpha wouldnt do any harm for the daylight version I suppose, but it would be such a subtle change that it's probably not worth it
Old 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Sternjaeger

I'm more interested to see whether the ring smoke has a better rendition in 3d (I'm not still quite totally sold on the ring smoke to be honest.. does anybody have a picture that shows it?)
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
I'm more interested to see whether the ring smoke has a better rendition in 3d (I'm not still quite totally sold on the ring smoke to be honest.. does anybody have a picture that shows it?)
It's in the video I posted in this thread, clearly.

There is only one type of RAF .303 bullet that leaves a smoke trail, the Buckingham Incendiary. It leaves a spiral trail because it has a weep hole on the side of the casing which the smoke comes out of.

Last edited by winny; 03-07-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

The tracers look fine compared to my personal experience of firing tracers with a M2 .50cal in the army. While being at the shooter's position and with only one gun firing right in your axis of vision, I'd say that you mostly see bright dots, but as a shooter you're not looking at the end of your barrel but at the target, and there the tracers look like dots just like in the COD video.

When looking at someone else firing from an offset position relative to the axis of the gun you start to see the "laser" look.

Last edited by BGs_Ricky; 03-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

From libya:

CoD tracers look fine to me.