Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

it has just happened to me also,i have the english CD version and i have had no problems upto now everything has been running smoothly,but going to colfax passing through the SF area framerate dropped to about maybe 1-2 fps and then when i came back through on my way to san jose it did it again to the point where it was impossible to play and i had to quit out back to desktop.

pc specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 310M
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Yes heading from San Jose to San Fransisco. Everything is fine until I enter S.F. then, it becomes a slide show until a little after you choose either the bay bridge or G.G. bridge then it becomes fine.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hert View Post
Yes heading from San Jose to San Fransisco. Everything is fine until I enter S.F. then, it becomes a slide show until a little after you choose either the bay bridge or G.G. bridge then it becomes fine.
And what are your comp specs. I'm begining to notice that a lot of you are running the game on Minimal specs, or less. This is the major factor contributing to this frame-rate problem, and a host of others.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
And what are your comp specs. I'm begining to notice that a lot of you are running the game on Minimal specs, or less. This is the major factor contributing to this frame-rate problem, and a host of others.
No, I have everything maxed and have traffic all the way maxed. Its very smooth and good fps everywhere else just that one section, where the FPS dips to slide show.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hert View Post
No, I have everything maxed and have traffic all the way maxed. Its very smooth and good fps everywhere else just that one section, where the FPS dips to slide show.
That's not what I meant. I'm talking about your physical computer spec, not your game settings.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-19-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
That's not what I meant. I'm talking about you physical computer spec, not your game settings.
O ok

I have:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2.00 GB of RAM
Old 08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

I have lag all the time. And my traffic is set to 0. But when You pass a amount of 10-15 cars. I get MORE lag.
Performance has been done real bad. I can run games like dirt2 and farcry2 on high settings and i get minor lag.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

I checked my FPS today. It is 10-12 when there is no-one around. And 6-8 with some cars around...
Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Hello guys!

I have a similar problem...

Especially on US-101 between San Jose and San Francisco (The location where you can decide driving on to Oakland or to G.G. Bridge) my framerate drops.

I also have a dropping of the FPS on some other places like partly on the way from Oxnard to Los Angeles. Not as extremely as on this 101-place, but you notice something like the beginning of a slideshow.

On other places, especially from Atascadero to Kettleman City or Mi-Wuk Village, the FPS is high enough for a nice gaming. Everything runs fine. Also on some road-parts, for example between Santa Barbara and Atascadero.

It seems that the traffic and the surroundings have a big influence. When I turn off the traffic nearly everything runs fine, even on this US-101 location the FPS does not drop so bad like when traffic is turned on.

Now to my game and computer:
I play the German version of Rig'n'Roll.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 (4 x 2.40 GHz)
RAM: 4 Gb
Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 4890 (1024 Mb)
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1
Controller: Logitech G5, G15 and G25.
Background-programs while playing: Xfire, no difference when it's closed.

Of course my drivers are updated.
The ATI Catalyst options are set on high qualities, only AA and AAA are turned off (4xAA is turned on in-game, AAA causes graphic bugs.)
16x anisotropic filtering via ATI.
In Rig'n'Roll options everything is maximized. Playing on 1280x960 and 50% traffic density.

I already tried less traffic desity (10 to 20%) and reduzing car details, reflections details and anisotropic filtering.

Other games work fine, even Crysis runs on high options with a good FPS.
So I don't think that my computer is too bad for Rig'n'Roll.

Sorry for talking so much. A lot of stuff to read, maybe someone had this time.

Maybe someone has an idea for optimization for me. Otherwise I hope that another patch could fix these performance problems...

Greets,

Christian (BleDrajor)

Last edited by BleDrajor; 08-19-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Your RAM may be the issue here. I'm not sure about the German version, but I think it requires 1 - 2GB of RAM, and you only have 4MB of RAM according to your specs. This is far too low for this game.