Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
Anyway IL-2 has a bit of life in it yet. What's the hurry.
Is BoB being purposely held back in order to milk every last possible cent out of IL-2?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drool View Post
Is BoB being purposely held back in order to milk every last possible cent out of IL-2?
Frankly, I doubt this very much. At the prices IL-2 is now being sold at, any profit must be minimal. If SoW:BoB was finished, 'holding back' rather than looking for a return on investment would be economic nonsense. If anything, the continued efforts put into patching IL-2 may be seen as a good way to retain customer interest until BoB comes out (though with TD providing their work for free, 1C:Maddox's costs must be almost negligable).

Also, I'd think that 'holding back' would benefit RoF, the LOMAC series etc too...
Old 04-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Global Moderator

SOW is not finished, nothing to do with anything else.

It's just not finished.

All the requests for strange aircraft is slowing it down...

Skin requests don't help speed things up either

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-04-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Not this year. Don't really care anymore in all honesty. Too disinterested to explain.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

For me, I really don't care about the date when BoB/SoW may release, because Daidalos Team has been doing their interesting and free IL2 updates for me(I also believe it has far-reaching implications for the future/release of BoB/SoW),
and I can come back to this forum anytime if I want to get some new informaion on the coming BoB. Seeing the new screenshots and videos, reading the news and comments, it gives me a feel like that the BoB/SoW is growing up with me. I would cite, "Enjoy the whole process far more than the proceeds."
The most important thing I think is that, dear BOSS and all his staff can live well, working in their best form and have a good mood everyday.
Take care of yourself, all the team.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Merits of Daidalos team are out of question. I think the problem for me in IL-2 is graphics. Awesome simulator that kept me in front of the screen for years, now i take into account that for a while, until SOW is released, image quality brought me to look for something else.

To be precise: i'm not eye candy fan. Btw graphic importance can't be put aside all the times. In particular considering IL2 wasn't choosen at his release for graphic innovations as well...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Default JUst be thankful

We're not all Duke Nukem Fans . . .
Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

I don't think there has been any title I would have been so eager to get my hands on. And after the five or so years waiting I've hyped my self to such extremes that I'm afraid whatever they'll deliver might be a disappointment.

Bollocks! It'll be fantastic!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
IIRC it was stated that by October 2010 many, many people would be playing SoW already. I guess we waited so long, 6 or 8 months won't make the difference.
almost right

what oleg said (late 2009 ?) is that by the anniversary of battle of britain in 2010 he expected that many 1000's of people would already be playing it

he also stated around the same period in late 2009 that because of financial pressures and previous delays (old release date was 2007), he had no choice but releasing it in 2010

about this "yet another thread with people whining about a specific release date" : with the recent 6 months of regular updates, and the way oleg produces his sims (each element worked on by a different group, and putting the finished elements together into a working game at the final stage), i believe he is very much on track for it being finished by september 2010 (which is the latest possible month for a specific BoB anniversary date)

keep in mind oleg himself still doesnt know a specific date for release either, and with him indicating they are creating a mark-II version of the "integrated game" in the last week or 2, i suspect he will soon have a better idea himself.

Last edited by zapatista; 04-14-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Not this year. Don't really care anymore in all honesty. Too disinterested to explain.
Odd then that you would still be interested enough to post how disinterested you are