Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

Don't mind if I sidetrack a bit....
I was worried earlier that I will not hit my fire mage medal as I need like was like 200 more at about level 25ish or something....

So I when I thought of getting Imp I can get a bonus. 2 fire balls charges, phantom and phantom

So easily hit 50 per battle with L3 high magic.

Unfortunately No.

Havent' found a reason for that though....

Anyone noticed it ?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

That's probably because leveling the medal doesn't include unit abilities, only spells cast. In any case, Fire Mage is one of the hardest medals to raise, so don't worry too much about it.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Nah, I wouldn't say it's especially hard, what with higher magic. That's 6 rounds times 2 fire spells + 4 more rounds = 16 casts per battle. You just have to stall the battles often, and that can get tedious.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Nah, I wouldn't say it's especially hard, what with higher magic. That's 6 rounds times 2 fire spells + 4 more rounds = 16 casts per battle. You just have to stall the battles often, and that can get tedious.
Well, I think that's what he meant. All the 'cast a spell' medals just require you casting a lot of spells. But the Fire one requires a LOT more than the others. It is tedious and annoying to get.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Well, I kinda disagree. In my experience, the guardian angel one is rather tedious to get depending on the units you use of course; as for the fire mage medal, I usually raise a huge chunk of it just by casting spells "the natural way", i.e. not by artificially prolonging battles, since in my opinion spells like fire arrow and fireball are a mage's weapon of choice from the get go.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Approved Member

Guardian Medal is not too bad. Just Start in Debir with 3 Arcmages split. You can easily get 15~20 casts in per battle and have the medal by the time you finish Bolo!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

I hate all these medals... Its just tremendously boring spamming the same spells over and over. Obviously you will use a lot of fire arrows and stoneskin throughout the game, but reaching lvl 3 means a lot of boring and unnessesary castings.

The trap medal is aquired by killing the last unit in a stack. The best thing about traps is that they reduce ap to 0, so by using it on enemies, that dies... Not to mention the poisoning...Well you get the point.
And why cast fireball if you have fire rain? Or cast magic shield on your troll stack 3-4 times every 2nd round?

There is a little challenge in getting the medals and an absolute NEED to get them to build the perfect character, but the way you win them are just not making gameplay more fun.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

I agree with Kong, which is why I don't go far out of my way to get those kind of medals. One game I got trapper, and it was kinda interesting. And I've gotten level 2 fire mage before, and level 3 guardian angel once. But they just aren't enjoyable enough for me to spend time on... and ultimately not that useful.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

I'm also not going for trapper this time around, as I became quite fed up with going for the other two spamming medals.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

I realized I made a mistake by kiting monterro instead of killing everything there on my run through, and it cost me enough time that I would not have made it by day 7.

So I've started back just before bolo, getting repair bots there and working my way through again. So far it's a heck of a lot easier!