Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Looking good. Ilya, how is the water transparency done? Would it be possible to see a blurry hull of a ship 1-2m below water line? Or a more practical example, would it be possible to spot a submarine in periscope depth?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkubani View Post
Looking good. Ilya, how is the water transparency done? Would it be possible to see a blurry hull of a ship 1-2m below water line? Or a more practical example, would it be possible to spot a submarine in periscope depth?
We can't show you everything in one week! We gotta space it out a little bit. There's a lot of cool things to show, ships being one of them. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, let's just wait until Oleg is ready to show our gorgeous looking floating targets.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkubani View Post
I would love to know this too.

The prospect of an update every week is very exciting. Engine looks great, although I suggest a trip into your nVidia cp to turn on some anti-aliasing. That shot of teh horizon was a jaggie party.

Very excite!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Despite the "critisism" i think i can speak for most when i say that ingame screenshots is a giant step forward uppdate wice.

Thank u very much and looking forward to seeing more.

Btw, Igu Kyu, at sertain angles camoflage paint where infact glossy. Thats just how light reflects. Irl matt finishes never stays completly matt, u only need to wipe it down once and it becomes more glossy. Not counting dirt and wheatehering of course.

Last edited by Baron; 10-23-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot for the update Oleg !
Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the screenshots!

I've only two questions for the devs (PS: and no!, devs can't have fun when we are suffering like junkies ).

1) Dots' system: the planes' camos were made to protect the plane from above enemies, but also from below (skyblue camo under the wings). Now in IL2 this is a great problem for the pilots who are searching for contacts below, since these can't be see clearly (try against hurricanes...) but instead you are a big black dot on the sky if they look at you.

Usually they could see planes above only by the reflection of the sun on their lucid surfaces (like on the 110's screenshot).

Have you resolved this problem?

2) Is doppler effect working now?
Is it possible to go close at 6 o'clock of an enemy without alerting him with your engine? He should lightly listen to our engine only when we pass in front of him or at his side (he has a working engine at 50cm in front of him..)

Thanks again.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 10-23-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 PM
71st_Mastiff

I'm very sorry to here Open GL is out of the picture? To me Open GL was more 3D than Direct X$...More spacial awareness and more depth.. Love the water especially the white caps..http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/grab0117.jpg Cant wait to be apart of the multi international MP beta test team...With Win 7 out are you guys moving over in that direction yet? Also in the shading is that self shading?; are we going to see the shadows of the pilot in the cockpit, on the ground when parked, through the cockpit, is the pilot head going to move as well translate to the shadow? (i.e. Lock on FC)
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

Last edited by GF_Mastiff; 10-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Good stuff!

I imagine the shadows will move in real time with the sun? (I still remember the jaw dropping day when I first got IL2 and had a DF map up to practice take offs.. I set it up to the time of day ... in the afternoon.. I was called away and got back to my PC later that night.. and it was dark on the field.. I almost fell off my chair.. )

What were the settings at for those shots? Were those lower or medium graphics settings, or were they maxed out?

Will there be reflections in objects? Like for instance say in a polished metal skin.. would we see reflections? The lighting looks superb...

Last edited by Bearcat; 10-23-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

Moving incockpit shadows have been shown in a short movie even with the old engine. Don't know if it's in the news-thread.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Moving incockpit shadows have been shown in a short movie even with the old engine. Don't know if it's in the news-thread.
Yeah.. but I mean on the ground... I can just see the shadows getting longer as the day progresses into evening.. I wonder if the sky will rotate as the night progresses.. (Not a far fetched notion considering the source of this sim..)