Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see a creature level cap per level of chaos magic introduced onto sacrifice on the next patch or a "cannot raise more units than which started the battle" clause
Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Default Mage is the best

I'm playing with a mage in normal difficulty, and it is really easy.

If you have a little luck, and get good spells early, you can kill much tougher enemies than your level or army predicts.

At the first levels, fireball is awesome.
After you find demon gate,you can win entire combats without an army! You just need 5 1 pcs. units (like thorns) to survive the first round and after that the demons take care of the enemy. The losses doesn't matter, and you can use magic spring to replenish your mana and summon an other stack if one or two isn't enough.

Firestorm is an another kickass spell. At 20. lvl there is no army what can survive 4 from those in 2 rounds (3-4k damage/pcs)

Now I'm at level 25 with an army of demons, red dragons, archdevils and other high HP units. If some of them actually dies, it is easy to get them back: Hypnotise an enemy unit, and then sacrifice them... Double win!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwallah View Post
I'm playing with a mage in normal difficulty, and it is really easy.

If you have a little luck, and get good spells early, you can kill much tougher enemies than your level or army predicts.

At the first levels, fireball is awesome.
After you find demon gate,you can win entire combats without an army! You just need 5 1 pcs. units (like thorns) to survive the first round and after that the demons take care of the enemy. The losses doesn't matter, and you can use magic spring to replenish your mana and summon an other stack if one or two isn't enough.

Firestorm is an another kickass spell. At 20. lvl there is no army what can survive 4 from those in 2 rounds (3-4k damage/pcs)

Now I'm at level 25 with an army of demons, red dragons, archdevils and other high HP units. If some of them actually dies, it is easy to get them back: Hypnotise an enemy unit, and then sacrifice them... Double win!
Totally agree. As far I am concerned the Mage owns this game, hands down. I have just completed my second game on Hard and it was MUCH easier as a Mage compared to a Paladin.

Why?

Because of SPELLS. In my opinion Order is not needed, but Distortion in the early game and Chaos in the late game own everything. I barely used the Ragebox for most of the game, mainly just Soul Drain for massive stacks and Time Back. Sometimes Glot's Armor. But my rage was only 50 at the end and I didn't need any more.

What you've got to do as a Mage is raise your intellect as high as it will go, and max out everything in the Magic tree except for Necromancer or Necro Call. You need Higher Magic x 3. You need Destroyer x 3. You definitely need level 3 Distortion and Chaos. And then with an Intellect of over 20 (mine was 32 by the end of the game) you will destroy your enemies. You don't really need much in the way of your own units, although dragons are essential at the end of the game.

Toward the end of the game, I was casting Fire Rain twice a turn for the first three turns, and using Soul Drain every second or third turn. That's it. I occasionally used Armageddon to clear out maps with lots of stacks (especially lots of ranged units) but this is not a good idea when you have dragons. In fact one cheap tactic is to get a team of weak and cheap units like Undead Spiders, Skeletons and Ghouls, then Armageddon everything. You can nuke the map twice on turn 1, which great for clearing out hordes of dragons. And then you can replenish your stacks very cheaply after the fight. I cleared out the Land of the Dead like this with no problems at all.

I never used Sacrifice. Not once. I used Phantom a lot in my Paladin game but barely at all in my second. In fact I didn't find Pain Mirror at all in my second game, but it didn't matter.

Mage >>>>>>>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>>>>>>>> Paladin
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

Default Archmage's Staff (Playing as a Mage using Chaos Magic)

Hi
Does anyone have any idea why the morale of the staff keep dropping after each match (fight)? I have no idea how to keep that staff happy
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnileo99 View Post
Hi
Does anyone have any idea why the morale of the staff keep dropping after each match (fight)? I have no idea how to keep that staff happy
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
If not mistaken, your can increase the morale using magic crystals. And after each battle the morale decreases for classK*intK.
Class = 1(mage); 2(paladin); 3(warrior)
int = 3 (int<10); 2 (10<int<20); 1 (int>20)
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

Hi Nike-It
Thanks for the tip. Does that means that after the morale of the staff drops to 0 (Terrible) i have to use magic crystal to increase the moral? Either that or suppress it?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Nike-It
Thanks for the tip. Does that means that after the morale of the staff drops to 0 (Terrible) i have to use magic crystal to increase the moral? Either that or suppress it?
Thanks
Really don't remember. I think wiht terrible morale you'll have to fight the keepers.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Nike-It
Thanks
Right, crystals or battle.
But honestly - who is willing to offer these so much valued crystals, when they can deliver beutiful fight instead? I wouldn't, that's for sure.

Also I would love to be able to surpress the items before they drop to zero - point is that the item itself is quite usefull in fight and the surpress fights are not the easiest, right? And if your best item morale is 0 - you don't have any benefit from it.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

but you are suppressing item by fighting it's keepers whose rebelling against you. So in conclusion it wouldn't be logical if you'll be able to supress item and using this item same time.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrzys View Post
but you are suppressing item by fighting it's keepers whose rebelling against you. So in conclusion it wouldn't be logical if you'll be able to supress item and using this item same time.
That quite makes sense - even if the item would have 10 morale - using the same item when fighting it would be somehow non-logical... (but handy)