Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Mods

Mods Armored Princess mods

Old 09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iycgtptyarvg View Post
I noticed the camera mod worked, but the others I'm not sure about.
Anyone have a definitive answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Quiet a few of the mods of KBAP work with Crossworlds. An easy way to find mod compatibility is to check Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\orcs\orcs.kfs... If the contents of the mod file are not in this "archive" then you can safely use the mod.

For ex. camera mod works fine but extra runes mod won't unless you manually edit. Some of the mods like mana regen don't work even after editing.
In short, if the files in the mod and orcs.kfs are not same, then the mod SHOULD work, else the mod will require editing to avoid issues.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

I cannot get any mods to work including the camera. I purchased CW from amazon.com and installed it that way. I just started the program and created a new game of AP, after the cut scene it has me in the main debir sqaure at a zoom level and I saved the game and closed the program. I put the mod_a12_eng_camera01.kfs file into the sessions\orcs\mods folder. I restarted the program and then opened the saved game and cannot zoom out any further (like I used to be able to in the reg AP program) and then also started a new game again and it has the same zoom level - am I doing something wrong? Does it have to be the "Steam" version of the game? Help

thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

it's possible that someone make a mod that forces the game (new game) to give all the items in that current game,because i bellive the game doesn't gives all the items and is just too bad whan you want to make a certainly hero with specific gear and the game do not allowed it,and i dont see this as a cheat
Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

I`m not sure where to ask this. Cant find topic about map editor for Crossworlds.
But is it posible to make mod where you play demon hero conquering Teana world ? To try to be a bad guy once in while
Old 02-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

So I can't find an English version of the "Army Shop" mod which I desperately want so I am taking it upon myself to make one. I figure I can take the mod from KB TL and modify as needed.

First question: how the hell do I open the kfs file? Everything I try just gives me garbage characters.

Also taking any other pointers/tips people may have for me.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozie View Post
So I can't find an English version of the "Army Shop" mod which I desperately want so I am taking it upon myself to make one. I figure I can take the mod from KB TL and modify as needed.

First question: how the hell do I open the kfs file? Everything I try just gives me garbage characters.

Also taking any other pointers/tips people may have for me.
The KFS files are basically archives; open them with WinRAR, 7zip, etc.
Inside, you'll find various other types of files.

TXT files are easy enough, open with any text editor such as notepad. They're usually simple configuration scripts and such. LUA files are also text files that can be opened, but of course they're written in LUA code. Again, easy enough to decipher as it's just like any other basic programming code.
LNG files are another type of text file, and these normally contain descriptions of things in the game.

So far those are the only files I've really played around with. For more in-depth modding, you may need to access the ACT, QST, HERO, CHAT, etc. files which are compiled files that must be decompiled before you can work with them. I've heard people having success using hex editors on them, but it's easier to use the KB DB EDIT program (find it in the savegame scanner thread) to decompile those files, make your changes, and use it to recompile the files.

That's all I've got right now; hope that helps.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Certainly a good start. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

So where can I get the "Master Mod" that I keep reading about? I am having no luck finding it.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcelvan View Post
I cannot get any mods to work including the camera. I purchased CW from amazon.com and installed it that way. I just started the program and created a new game of AP, after the cut scene it has me in the main debir sqaure at a zoom level and I saved the game and closed the program. I put the mod_a12_eng_camera01.kfs file into the sessions\orcs\mods folder. I restarted the program and then opened the saved game and cannot zoom out any further (like I used to be able to in the reg AP program) and then also started a new game again and it has the same zoom level - am I doing something wrong? Does it have to be the "Steam" version of the game? Help

thanks
This is a late reply, but... the newer Versions of the game don't work with that camera mod anymore.

Unfortunately nobody has made a new one.
And 1C hasn't listened to our cries for a better camera for more than 3 years now, so we're shit out of luck.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap2000 View Post
This is a late reply, but... the newer Versions of the game don't work with that camera mod anymore.

Unfortunately nobody has made a new one.
And 1C hasn't listened to our cries for a better camera for more than 3 years now, so we're shit out of luck.
Oh god thank you!! I've been reading all these forums complaining about the camera, and praising the camera mod, but whatever I do I cannot seem to make it work. Turns out it is outdated I hope someone makes one soon! How long ago did the last version of the game come out?