Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

I have removed the spell, Last Hero, partly because of crashes in the mod. Also a strange spell... In KB Legend it sounded overpowered, saying that it will always keep 1 in the army nomatter how much damage it received.

I've just started working on the 9th map in the mod (including starting map, redone Tungsinn). It's a map where u move from island to island with teleporters with random teleporting.

To Eucrysty: I have added an extra small map to Fefne, a sea portal. It leads to a group of 3-4 small islands, lizardmen like.

Last edited by raknefne; 04-01-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: not 65% chance but 100% chance for the sea portal to Fynnen Island
Old 03-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Great.Is there any way to edit files so that first quest with dunlor to be completed or reset it ?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Not possible. Map changes need a restart of the game. Only spells, items, some arena changes will work immediately.

We haven't found any errors in the Dunlor code. So we wait and c with that quest.

Have you tried asking Builder Broth for building items? (he's next to Acrimaldo in the hero menu). OFC you can cheat with reloads, but we made this so in case game was too hard early you could build 3 items for 1-2-3 runes to gamble for getting an item.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

All looks good and balanced . only if you could add some more quests .just fighting neutrals vs no real enemy is not that attracting
Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

We intend to add quests through the Guild. BUT NOT many, it is a random generator inspired by the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 map generator system.

what level are you now?

We will wrap it up then, and look for more testers.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

I m level 11 . My ideea is if you could make some DUNGEONS (before entering you must meet level requirements )where you have to fight some bosses .at level 10 ,20 ,30 ,40 etc like big spider or big octopus ... i don t know if it s complicated to create but i think would be a great idea .

Overall game is great , whole new game , and sound idea was the best.i even run from monsters just to hear them ) then after some chases i will attack them also some sounds in battle like i suggested in other thread would be awesome
Old 03-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

I tried making some bosses, but just can't figure out how yet. '
Amount of sounds in the first version might be limited, depends on time...

I think we will focuse on quests for the first version.

Last edited by raknefne; 03-26-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

We fixed the bug with "stars" on minimap from the random logs (road blocks) - as you mentioned. And a lot of other stuff yesterday.

Up to now it has been Terroin modding quests etc and I have been the mapmaker. Yesterday I learnt more about making quests, so I start putting a few quests in the existing maps. One quests I made was to collect 5 Precision Scrolls - reward is 6 runes. I always sell those scrolls, fun this way. they seem to pop up by them selves, don't have to put scrolls to find, I think.

Any small quest ideas, Eucrysty or others?
Old 04-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

the bug with Trapper medals is back. Since i have did it and 1 trap is placed on battlefield 60% of the time game crashes when attacking an enemy
now i wish i have nt used traps at all...but on impossible trap is the best spell ever besides slow , fear and shield.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Damn it. I made traps placed in the arena just 1 month ago, since I thought we had repaired the Rogue summoning like DRAGON RIDER skill and Companion placement in arena-bug.... It could still be another thing that crashes (we experienced that with the rogue heroes before changing the trapper medal)... but to test it, I can mail you a new medal file. Good news is, that it should work immediately. Txt will still say "1 trap placed in the arena ... etc" but I can make it so it makes only extra damage as it was in the Hylfire mod. I write where to put the file.

Questions:
1. how are the RAGE skills, round attack etc., balanced / too weak / strong ? We lowered it, seemed too strong in our early tests.

2. how much of the world have you discovered as level 12? How many maps do you have access to? Is it too easy to get a new map? Can you just cruise from map to map and pick up goodies?

3. About the crash you experience: is it nomatter which map you are on or only at a certain map? (a certain arena)

Last edited by raknefne; 04-01-2017 at 09:42 AM.