Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 09-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Scary Abonimation Companion is a bit rare to get - it is stationairy like the Stranded Whale. You ONLY choose companion at the obelisk on Nordlig Island and that's it... it's a companion because he follows you to he end... hmpf hmpf... both Scary Abon. and Cudly Abon. has very randomized spells, sometimes useless sometimes insane, like a gamblers spell.
We probably won't do much about creatures, a few adjustments in this mod.
When you choose a companion at the obelisk, it is a choice of 2-3 out of 7. You could save the game before choosing and reload for other choices... but it is cheating... up to you.

How do you like the adjustment for creatures, 50 leadership for level 1 etc., another gamer posted he was not so keen about it. I knew some would like it and some don't. IMO the weakest about the creature change is some level 5 like the dragons, which should have some improvement - overall I use level 1-2 more.

I just texted (SMS) Terroin... waiting for the link... I biked the 13 km and back yesterday to test speed test (with a superpowered hero) the version 1.1. He was busy working with the house. He must have modded late night to finish it. We have only testet the tax with the 4 starting Islands, Greenwort, 2 pirat islands, Ice Garden, Merlassar. Let me know if a sneaky tax appears later...
Old 09-11-2016, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

We decided to make some new creatures and companions stationairy. We "stole" the creatures from other KB games, the whale is the whale from Crossworld, at the end. We reduced the size, but if it should be able to move we had to make a lot of animation... the Scary Abonimation is a boss from Crossworld. Cannon was a landscape picture from Istering I think, it was easy to make since a cannon doesn't move. Using teleport can move the stationairy creatures, that's how we decided to do it. Now, on Istering you can actually pick up the cannons from the landscape, next to the Smugler but also from his underground (where some other creature would join you in a normal game).

With the Poison Spider we made more animations, that was rather easy, when it is hit you can really see how poisionous it is etc.

Try the Blacksmith Hero (Warmonger = Warrior), he can craft
- Barrier lvl1 (stationairy, can teleport a long distance and cast the spell on nearby units that reduces dmg with 50%)
- Cannons lvl2, stationairy, teleport 1
- Glyphon Statue lvl 3 stationairy, it can summon the same as Royal griffins. Also heal units!
- Iron Ball lvl4 (similar to the Ice Ball spell, but it is a creature that can roll and has endless retal)
One of these items will be summoned each battle along with your companion - the lower level the bigger chance. They will have 25% of the heroes leadership. You can use Barrier and Iron Ball as tank since new will be summoned each battle. Just develop the Blacksmith Skill which he has from start to make it work. He also has a new spell, a bomb for 4 mana, which is similar to the Catapults Talent Bomb, but stronger. It cost something like 1000 crystals for other heroes to learn... I often place it in front of 3 stacks in the first round and mostly one of them attack it and all get hit... those dummies.
He is a very fun hero to play!

His items can also be bought as normal creatures.

Last edited by raknefne; 09-11-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Default about the resistance and cuddly

The cuddly is not used as a tank - but as a ranged unit.. it can do seriously damage.. weakness is also a good spell as all units has a high difference between lowest and highest attack.

The resistance cap isnt anything we have changed overall - its just for this unit I guess. I know that Rakne Fne havent played with it, without the companion, but I have a lot - and it is a strong unit of mine.. can change battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucrysty View Post
Hello ,
ok i test it and it is only for cuddly the rezistance cap.he was the only troop that i wanted to tank because he can t do anything else after 2 spells
now i wish i had that companion scary companion how do you get it ? it s only for a type of hero ?
cuddly abon troop - if you are lucky that both spells to be damage deal it can do good damage ,it s about the luck if you re not in luck and both spells are weakness or slow...you re doomed ). i`ll await link for download , i just finished making coffe . you know coffe is my best friend
Old 09-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Default addition of new things

The creature coding of all the shops and wandering has been wastely improved - so you can meet a lot more variance in battles - see creatures you didnt see in random battles before and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
testing right now before uploading... you can continue saved games with ZERO tax og the Ice Garden text fixes will work. The update will be available this weekend. Changes for patch 1.1:

1. Game difficulty changes to NORMAL-HARD-IMPOSSIBLE-SURVIVAL.
2. No sailing tax (was 25% when sailing between islands).
3. Missing text on locations on Ice Garden, fixed
4. Guild on Istering (will only be seen on new games).
5. Text error in the text when talking to the smuggler on Istering, fixed.
6. Blacksmith Hero: Only 25% and not 50% summoning on his Blacksmith skill.
7. Cellar on Istering (Ulrika), 2 spiders were bugged.
8. Uladar and Eric have a 25% smaller army, still you might have to sail a little before beating them.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Approved Member

also the cuddly does not gain experience when using spells or when melee attack decreasing enemy's attack .

PS . i love the new alchemy skill , now it's definetly worth put skill in it !

Last edited by eucrysty; 09-11-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

any news with the download link ? the weekend is over allready....
Old 09-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

A few creatures don't get exp with some of their actions, like the Cudly and also the Cave Spider when it cast Mass Web (hitting 3 random targets incl. own). Don't think it is other than them.

I just mailed a link to your yahoo mail adress, Eucrysty. I will post it here when I have checked downloading first.

Last edited by raknefne; 09-11-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

i downloaded and tested to islands that i have access , vestlig nordlig isterring fastland , merlassar , ice gardens , greenworth , arlania ,eastern NO TAX

but on the western island TAX is still there , i cannot test on other islands because i don t have access to them YET .

Old 09-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

You can test in dev-mode.

Are there new items in mod?
Tell a few word about new skills, please.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Eucrysty: Damn, you have a fast internet connection, I am still downloading. It is only a 3.6GB zipped file now. We did test Western Island so that is strange, I'll handle it over to Terroin.