Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

You need to keep the IL2 directory under the main steam directory where it was in order to use it.

Steam installs up to version 4.09m. After that, you have to install manually. You download as follows, up to where you wish to be patched:

Each of those installs into the IL2 directory that under the steam folder. You just have to point it to there.

I use the steam version patched up to 4.10.1 without issue.

Last edited by droz; 06-04-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
You need to keep the IL2 directory under the main steam directory where it was in order to use it.

Steam installs up to version 4.09m. After that, you have to install manually. You download as follows, up to where you wish to be patched:

Each of those installs into the IL2 directory that under the steam folder. You just have to point it to there.

I use the steam version patched up to 4.10.1 without issue.
alpha told him to put it in new directory. droz, did you do the file integrity check thing?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Working on it.

JGP
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

OK, Checked the file integrity. It said I had 1 bad file which it was, "reacquiring".

I let it reacquire, little did I know it was writing back over the config.ini file!

So after I let it "reacquire" I launched the game from STEAM, when it launched it was all "f%^&*d" up again, I was ready to throw my HOTAS through my monitor.

So, luckily I had a good copy of the config.ini, (you guys taught me that) I copied over STEAMS garbage and I was back in business.

I tried making a new copy of the whole thing and again put it in C:\1L2 1946 an tried running it from the exe. NO JOY, same application error.

So, if it is not going to let me run it from there. Can I patch into the STEAM folder? I know that this may not be the preferred method but "can I do it"?

Finally, if I had just bought a CD of this program, would I be having all of these issues patching this?

THE DEATH MARCH CONTINUES

JGP
Old 06-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

yea, at this point I would try what droz said. just get rid of the C:\1L2 1946 and keep it in the steam location. steam must be doing something to keep you from doing what alpha said. And droz says steam is giving you patched up version from 4.09. so just target your patches there.

If you had a disk like me, you would have had to patch up from 4.07. but i hate steam, so i don't mind doing the extra patching.

I think your in business now! here's another guide on conf.ini that looks pretty good detail.

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php?topic=18.0
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Keep your fingers crossed, I am downloading the 4.11m patch now. I am up to 4.10m, successfully installed.

Not sure what all of this is getting me yet other than the warm fuzzy that I have it up to date.

Would surely love to run it at max resolution, but am afraid to fight that battle again. Although now that I know the tricks regarding copying the config.ini, that should be a big help.

Ill check back later hopefully with the conclusion of this marathon.

jgp
Old 06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

I have finally reached the promised land, 4.11.1m! Thanx to all of you for helping me, and your patience.

It flys great, looks great. Now just have to get stick and track IR dialed in.

None the less if I did nothing else, both my son and I like it.

Its fun to look at something 7-10 years later and see it reach maturity.

jgp