Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post
So, almost a month and not a single coment? Is the thing so much crapp? At least a coment with the faults and defects!!
That thing is amazing!!! It's very impressive. The best I could do was to wire a gamepad into a radio shack box....

Well one day I may wire up some pots for trim controls to it.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

That guys 109 homepit is quite something! he's got the angle of the front windscreen rake slightly wrong though I think

BTW: was just surfing on Ebay UK and someone is selling a Saitek AV8R-01 modded to a Spitfire spade grip, looks like he's used a motorcycle clutch lever as the brake lever I think. might be fun for someone interested here?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spitfire-S...item3f17311e21

Check it out.

EDIT: this auction runs out in just over 3 hours at time of typing, so if you want it be quick, and no I'm not the seller, was thinking of bidding for it too for the novelty value though.

Last edited by Katana1000S; 05-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Default My Home Cockpit

This is my black home cockpit, all controls are ergonomic in use. The leather seat is from IKEA and ideal for simming, because it has no rollers and it`s tubular steel frame ensures perfect feedback for the mounted "Buttkicker Gamer"-Clamp. My cockpit installation is designed for nighttime-use, even map navigation at night without screen reflections is possible.

The "cockpit" is tight as a real warbirds one. In this picture you can see my modified combat pedals:

Some more detail photos:

Last edited by BASE; 05-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Pretty good, what do the dials output?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Pretty good, what do the dials output?
The backlit dials are for "Volume" and "Frequency", it`s the field transistor radio out of the Spirit of Saint Louis Collection. If you tune in muted noise signal it adds a lot of immersion.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Thats very impressive, might look for that seat on Ikea I'm in need of a new one and own a Buttkicker too.

Here's my gear, added a Saitek trim wheel since these pics and took delivery of a Trackir 5 with trackclip pro yesterday ... awesome, don't know why I left it so long.

Last edited by Katana1000S; 05-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

There's some very impressive stuff here...I think I may stay single forever if I attempted to make one for myself before finding the right person but I'm impressed nonetheless

I've just started getting into the DCS A-10C sim...and that has made me want a proper replica...I'm getting ideas way above my station there...but I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and too much imagination and 0 skill! lol.

I did however have a bit of a play on a simpit at the Helicopter museum near Bristol a couple of weeks ago. It had a wrap around screen and custom made helicopter controls, which were for sale. It was very impressive, I felt quite dizzy when I got off it but if I had the space and the money I'd buy a version for IL2!

Who's with me on a Post Office smash and grab?

Last edited by _OD_; 06-12-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Hi all, my SimPlace for Flysims...

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post
So, almost a month and not a single coment? Is the thing so much crapp? At least a coment with the faults and defects!!
Nice work.. This is my first time in this thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Pilsner View Post
That thing is amazing!!! It's very impressive. The best I could do was to wire a gamepad into a radio shack box....

Well one day I may wire up some pots for trim controls to it.
You can always mod your X-52. The X-52 is easy to modify if you have something lke a Dremel tool that you can use to cut through the plastic. It is modular. It is much easier to mod than the X-45 was. Since I use a MSFFB2 as my main flying stick I started out using my X-45 as a button bay. When it died I decided to to the same thing to the X-52.. I left the throttle just as it was.. I just modded the stick.

For those who are interested.

My modded X-52

Components of the stick removed from the handle and shaft. I replaced the hall effect sensors on the X & Y axii with pots. The are the two red knobs. The blue knob s the Z opt removed from it's spring loaded casing. See picture below for wiring. The Z pot I left as it was. I now use it for Rudder trim. I don't use them for anything yet.. but if mixture or something else

Close ups of Hall Effect sensors on X-52

Last edited by Bearcat; 10-24-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

What a great thread!

Hats off to the talented people here. The BF 109 cockpit especially was jaw-dropping.