Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Well after all my whines I'm up to about level 40. Still a long ways to go but instead of having 30k i now have 1,000,000K coins so things look a little less fragile.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

and just wanted to add that TemjinGold's suggestion to solo ZigZag with the black dragons worked! yeh i didn't even have to summon that much either.

and i even found that free Green Dragon. but then i realized the Blacks seem to be a better choice due to higher HP and carpet bombing ability

anyways i managed to find the resurrection scroll but realize it isn't all that useful.

so what would you folks suggest as a good replacement for inquisitors? cannoneers?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Well after all my whines I'm up to about level 40. Still a long ways to go but instead of having 30k i now have 1,000,000K coins so things look a little less fragile.
Glad things are working out for you!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basis View Post
and just wanted to add that TemjinGold's suggestion to solo ZigZag with the black dragons worked! yeh i didn't even have to summon that much either.

and i even found that free Green Dragon. but then i realized the Blacks seem to be a better choice due to higher HP and carpet bombing ability

anyways i managed to find the resurrection scroll but realize it isn't all that useful.

so what would you folks suggest as a good replacement for inquisitors? cannoneers?
Depends how much leadership you have and how strong your spells are. If you have decent spells/spell levels, the middle part of the game is MUCH easier as a mage if you stick to 1 stack. Reds are best if you can find them (can be buffed and, more importantly, invisibled if needed) with trolls as a close second (if using trolls, don't use more than 1 for maximum benefit.) Blacks are great to whip out for boss fights where geyser is involved. Using one stack also has the side effect of leveling your dragon much faster. As a side note, my Level 36 mage is finding that I'm reaching the limits of using one stack of L5s pretty soon (getting a lot harder.) I actually had to whip out the phantom and target spells to get my army of 6 Reds to take out 1500 elves w/o losses. Unless I find Turn Back Time soon, I'll probably need to re-evaluate those boring paladins...
Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Depends how much leadership you have and how strong your spells are. If you have decent spells/spell levels, the middle part of the game is MUCH easier as a mage if you stick to 1 stack. Reds are best if you can find them (can be buffed and, more importantly, invisibled if needed) with trolls as a close second (if using trolls, don't use more than 1 for maximum benefit.) Blacks are great to whip out for boss fights where geyser is involved. Using one stack also has the side effect of leveling your dragon much faster. As a side note, my Level 36 mage is finding that I'm reaching the limits of using one stack of L5s pretty soon (getting a lot harder.) I actually had to whip out the phantom and target spells to get my army of 6 Reds to take out 1500 elves w/o losses. Unless I find Turn Back Time soon, I'll probably need to re-evaluate those boring paladins...
I don't know if a mage has enough leadership to do this as I've never played mage, but solo black knights with Eviln spell support might be something you would want to consider if you really like the solo unit concept.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

I might try that. Do you happen to know if Gorguanas count for the Princess Set (female bonus)? I know they are supposed to be female. If they do, I might try that too.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

I don't have the Princess Set but the Cat Collar, being part of the set and featuring +1 initiative to all female troops, does NOT affect Gorguanas. You may want to test it again when you have full set.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Ahh okay. I do have the set, I just haven't found any gorguanas! A word of advice for you mages out there: Don't fight Elenhel underground...