Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

You'll find it in the first post of the technical threads above...

Don't know why someone felt the need to move the original post out of plane sight
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

sYk0, thanks a lot. Game Works fine under Windows 8. Many fans of this game are able to play it now, because you gave us a fix. Just need to say i'm disapointed with de developers. Cant believe they couldn't release a patch to fix the game.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

@FS~looksharp, looks like you have been having some fun online , hopefully your joy is not short lived.

For more information regarding VAC please see the following KB Article:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-Radz-6869

For clarification about "Cliffs of Dover" and "VAC" please see the following:
http://store.steampowered.com/search...der=ASC&page=1
You can see on the product page of the game, it also indicates the game as "Valve Anti-Cheat enabled".

Just to clarify, I gave out the VAC warning as a courtesy, I have no idea how VAC works or the implications of using the Windows 8 fix with a VAC enabled game.
Please exercise caution, I will not be held responsible for any VAC infringements against your Steam account (Kindly note: All VAC bans are permanent).

If you would like clarification regarding the "Windows 8 fix", VAC and "Cliffs of Dover" please submit a support ticket (or post on the forums) to Valve/Steam and ask them, perhaps they could shed some light on the situation.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
@theleif:

Please ensure that you are running "CloDer.exe" and NOT "Launcher.exe" (you shouldn't have to run the application as Administrator, it is not required).

Please ensure that "CloDer.exe" and "CloDer.dll" are both in the same directory (for ease of use, place both files in your Cliffs of Dover directory [same folder as "Launcher.exe"]).

Your Steam installation shouldn't (I'm guessing here) install any of the VC++ 2012 or .NET 4.0 run-times, the ones that come with Windows 8 are newer than the ones required by the game (I will however double check this, if it is the case I will implement a workaround into "CloDer").

Unfortunately, I can't help you any further at the moment but I'll have an in-depth look at your problem a littler later (when I get home).

To aid myself (and the community) in solving your problem please post some additional information:
  1. Windows 8 (Standard or Pro)?
  2. Build number?
  3. System Type (x86 or x64)?
  4. Graphics Driver version?
  5. If possible, please provide some information about your computer hardware.
  6. Have you successfully run Cliffs of Dover on a previous version of Windows (with the same hardware)?

Regards,
sYk0.
Sorry for the late reply, but here it goes:
I have both files in the COD directory, in the same folder as launcher.exe.
There is a installation error where COD tries to install VC redist every time I launch the game. That has happened to me in other games, but it has never prevented me from launching a game. Anyway, I've used the workaround in the other thread to stop it from installing every time I launch it.

This is my specs:[*]Win 8 Pro Swedish [*]Build number: 6.2.9200 [*]System Type x64 [*]Graphics drivers are the latest (non beta) 12.10 drivers from AMD [*]My system:
Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce 7970OC (AMD)
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
System disk: Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128 128GB
Other disk (where steam are): Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 HDS723020BLA642 64MB 2TB in IRST mode with a 60 GB OCZ Vertex Plus.
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (4x)
And CoD worked on my previous Win 7 build on the same hardware. I'm pretty sure It worked when I just did an upgrade from 7 to 8 as well, but I'm not 100% certain that was the case. I first made an upgrade instead of a clean install, which went smooth as hell (surprisingly). Decided to do a clean install anyway to start fresh with an new OS.

Cheers.
And thank you for the great job you are doing.
Edit: For some reason it seems to ignore my line breaks after the edit. Sorry for the system spec mess.

Last edited by theleif; 11-22-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleif View Post
Sorry for the late reply
No worries mate

Quote:
I have both files in the COD directory, in the same folder as launcher.exe.
Sounds perfect.

Quote:
There is a installation error where COD tries to install VC redist every time I launch the game. That has happened to me in other games, but it has never prevented me from launching a game. Anyway, I've used the workaround in the other thread to stop it from installing every time I launch it.
The thing that worries me is that the game is insisting you install the c++ 2010 runtimes (this is something that shouldn't be ignored).
After some digging (and a fresh install of Windows 8 x64 in a virtual machine) around I have found out that Windows 8 does in fact require the VC++ 2010 redistributable package to be installed (I assumed that Windows 8 had these by default).

Without the VC++ 2010 runtimes the game silently terminates!

Could you please check your "%windir%\SysWOW64" directory for the existence and version of the following files (these are just a handful of the files I noticed the game requires):
  1. msvcr100.dll : 10.00.40219.1
  2. msvcp100.dll : 10.00.40219.1
  3. msvcr110_clr0400.dll : 11.0.50709.17929
  4. d3d9.dll : 6.2.9200.16384
  5. d3dx9_43.dll : 9.29.952.3111
  6. d3dx10_43.dll : 9.29.952.3111

Legend:
  • Red = Visual C++ 2010 binary.
  • Black = Standard Windows 8 binary.
  • Blue = DirectX binary.

If you are missing (have an older version) some of the red files, please download (and install) the latest VC++ 2010 SP1 (x86) redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328.

If you are missing some of the blue files, please install the DirectX runtimes from the "...\redist\DirectX\" directory.

Regards,
sYk0.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

OK. These are the files I have:
msvcr100.dll : 10.00.40219.325
msvcp100.dll : 10.00.40219.325
msvcr110_clr0400.dll : 11.0.50709.17929
d3d9.dll : 6.2.9200.16384
d3dx9_43.dll : 9.29.952.3111
d3dx10_43.dll : 9.29.952.3111
So, I have them all, only difference, the msv files are more recent.
To be sure I did a repair with vcredist, but it validated all files.

Cheers
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

When I try to download the patch, my antivirus program (GDATA) detects a Trojan virus. Has anybody the same problem?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel91 View Post
When I try to download the patch, my antivirus program (GDATA) detects a Trojan virus. Has anybody the same problem?
I scanned it with Malawarebytes - no issues.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

@theleif, do you have Visual Studio (C++ Express) 2010 installed on your PC?
The only info I can find (on msvcr100.dll & msvcp100.dll) that have those version numbers (10.00.40219.325) is from a Visual Studio 2012 Service Pack 1 update.

There seems to be a lot of issues (particularly with games) with that version of the .dll (not sure if it's just coincidence).

Please open up the Command Prompt (as Administrator) and run the System File Checker (you can see the parameter below in bold red), just to be sure no system files have been tampered with.

Quote:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
Finally, please state which Anti-Virus (if any) you are running on your system, check to see if disabling it helps to solve your issue.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
@theleif, do you have Visual Studio (C++ Express) 2010 installed on your PC?
Nope, only the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 x86 and x64.
It was installed 2012-10-31

Quote:
Please open up the Command Prompt (as Administrator) and run the System File Checker (you can see the parameter below in bold red), just to be sure no system files have been tampered with.
Ok, this is what happens:
"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. Med ensamrätt.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired
them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

So there was an error, but it got corrected.

Quote:
Finally, please state which Anti-Virus (if any) you are running on your system, check to see if disabling it helps to solve your issue.
I use Windows Defender that comes with Win 8.

After doing this (verifying and disabling antivirus) I still get the same error.
Sadface.
Thank you for your patience.