Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
Wow. Hope this isn't true. If I buy this game I'm definitely going to wait at least a week after the release in case there are any other "issues" that come up. I really wanted to fall head over heels in love with this game but it's just not happening

Is it me or is there way too much speculation about a game that is being released soon. What are they hiding?
Same here. This list of unfortunate things is getting too long to ignore.

I'm gonna wait and see now...
Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Anton has said there is some stuff he wants to tell us but can't because of publisher. Everybody may not agree but they have publisher has their reasons.
OK I appreciate where he is coming from but Big Red Lights are now going off in my head.....
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Anton has said there is some stuff he wants to tell us but can't because of publisher. Everybody may not agree but they have publisher has their reasons.
It could be because they don't want to turn people away with a lack of things that people would want.

We'll all see, I suppose. I really do hope I'm wrong. I was really looking forward to this game and no German cockpits just really takes the wind out of my sails. Or gas out of my airplane engine, whatever you guys want. Or...steam out of my locomotive. Just stop pestering me.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
but it not having a cockpit is not going to change my decision on buying the game.
Does mine.

Quote:
this has not been confirmed or denied by Anton so everybody shouldn't be getting so upset.
Not upset, just going to wait to make sure game has a complete cockpit set and is supported with a patch if necessary. IL-2 has chosen a very competitive time to release a title. Not the the time to release something unfinished with a bunch of promises.

I hope this gets cleared up by 1C soon.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeboy View Post
Not upset, just going to wait to make sure game has a complete cockpit set and is supported with a patch if necessary. IL-2 has chosen a very competitive time to release a title. Not the the time to release something unfinished with a bunch of promises.

I hope this gets cleared up by 1C soon.
The game is Gold, which means it cannot be changed before launch. The only good solution would be for the devs to produce a patch with the cockpits in the meantime that would be available when the game launched.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Man, I preordered this and everything. I just can't see it being true. A huge dissappointment in my eyes. I'll still buy the game, but wow, big news.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
Man, I preordered this and everything. I just can't see it being true. A huge dissappointment in my eyes. I'll still buy the game, but wow, big news.
Yeah that's why I never preorder anything. I've been burned before and I swear it'll never happen again. God do I hate being such a pessimist about things like this but $60 is a lot of money nowadays, at least for me.

Last edited by Ace Rimmer; 08-12-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: kan't spell..See!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
The game is Gold, which means it cannot be changed before launch. The only good solution would be for the devs to produce a patch with the cockpits in the meantime that would be available when the game launched.
Yup.

I've been lurking for quite some time now and recall seeing a post by Anton stating due to the cost of getting additional content out any patch would be released the same time as the DLC. That could be awhile. Longer than I care to wait.

If it turns out that 109 and 190s have a cockpit along with at least the higher profile planes then I'll pick it up. If not I'll be playing mini ninjas or something until it gets worked out.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah that's why I never preorder anything. I've been burned before and I swear it'll never happen again. God do I hate being such a pessimist about things like this but $60 is a lot of money nowadays, at least for me.
True, pre-ordering a game is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. I normally wait until the review embargo is over and check out the forums to see what the people that have bought it say before making my final decision. The advantage of this is games normally drop £5-£10 after the first week of being on sale anyway.

Thankfully after playing the demo I knew I would not be buying until they patch the control sticks so I can swap them AND put the stall wind buffeting noise back in anyway.

Smoke me a kipper.......
Old 08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I totally agree. Learned my lesson with Race Pro.

I'll be back for breakfast...
Closed Thread