Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 04-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

From the ground it looks like it's about a mile high, and not too far off in the distance. I did not climb for alt, was just f5 and f8ing between planes external views, so I don't know when it disappears, but the bombers I was f8ing were at 3500M. This was on the N/WEurope map

Will have to check with clear weather to see if it's still there, or just a artifact to fill in the clouds.
The atmosphere is thicker for sure, ran a 11:30AM mission on the Normandy Map and the rivers and valleys were still filled with haze.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Default Raising objects?

So im thinking that has something to do with the fmb configurations lower menu? Anyone figured this out yet and what keys to use??
Old 04-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

in fmb in settings window choose standard ... and you will get regular key binding.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Did you mean reset as default?
Old 04-07-2019, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
~ Anyone figured this out yet and what keys to use??
'Configure / Control Keys' under 'Mouse Move Object 3D'

Assign a key for 'Z-Move'

To change the height of an object (artillery or stationary armour), select the object, go into 3D mode (Enter) and hold the Z-Move key while moving the mouse.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Hi TD,

thanks for your work. The new maps look beautiful. Keep going.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Approved Member

Thanks DT for another great effort to make this sim even better than it already was!

I love the new tracers, much more realistic!

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-10-2019, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

- On the F4F-3 plane, the speed indicator was fixed, now it shows speed in mph instead of the previous knots.

Why did it need to be fixed?
It was already correct when it was indicating KNOTS.
This was a USN Naval Plane and the speed indicators were in Knots. USN navigates using nautical miles. Because the Marines were part of the Department of the Navy their equipment was the same. The USN and USMC aircraft differed from the USAAF which used MPH because they were not navigating to find USN Carriers which plot courses using nautical miles and speed of advance in KNOTS.

Additonally with the 4.14m patch the speed indicators also changed to MPH in:

F4F-4
FM-2
Corsair I (F4U-1)
Corsair II
Corsair IV
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F6F-3 Late
F6F-5

You can verify that all of them got changed by comparing it to the speed bar. For simplicity sake you can check it with the speed indicator needle at 200. The speed bar matches it with 200 MPH. Before "this patch" the speed bar would match the gage with 200 Knots IAS. The speed indicator gages are off by 30 KIAS.

Only the F2A-2, SBD-3 and SBD-5 have speed indicators operating correctly in KNOTS.

I have the Pilot operating instruction manuals for all of the above planes and the speed indicator is supposed to be in KNOTS (KIAS).

Last edited by -)-MAILMAN-; 04-10-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -)-MAILMAN- View Post
- On the F4F-3 plane, the speed indicator was fixed, now it shows speed in mph instead of the previous knots.

Why did it need to be fixed?
It was already correct when it was indicating KNOTS.
This was a USN Naval Plane and the speed indicators were in Knots. USN navigates using nautical miles. Because the Marines were part of the Department of the Navy their equipment was the same. The USN and USMC aircraft differed from the USAAF which used MPH because they were not navigating to find USN Carriers which plot courses using nautical miles and speed of advance in KNOTS.

Additonally with the 4.14m patch the speed indicators also changed to MPH in:

F4F-4
FM-2
Corsair I (F4U-1)
Corsair II
Corsair IV
F4U-1A
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
F6F-3 Late
F6F-5

You can verify that all of them got changed by comparing it to the speed bar. For simplicity sake you can check it with the speed indicator needle at 200. The speed bar matches it with 200 MPH. Before "this patch" the speed bar would match the gage with 200 Knots IAS. The speed indicator gages are off by 30 KIAS.

Only the F2A-2, SBD-3 and SBD-5 have speed indicators operating correctly in KNOTS.

I have the Pilot operating instruction manuals for all of the above planes and the speed indicator is supposed to be in KNOTS (KIAS).
Don't worry, that's actually a typo from the Readme, the units have been reversed. I've noticed this bug during beta testing, and the F4F's airspeed indicator does display knots instead of mph after corrections.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baball View Post
Don't worry, that's actually a typo from the Readme, the units have been reversed. I've noticed this bug during beta testing, and the F4F's airspeed indicator does display knots instead of mph after corrections.
It's not just the ReadMe though, it's an in-game observation. All of the F4s are displaying mph in the released version. The F6s do appear to be in knots.

Note the dial indicates '160' while the speed bar shows 160 in Mph and 140 in Knots.

Last edited by stovak; 04-10-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added an image