Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

I found some info in a file that It actualy uses D3DDEVTYPE_HAL insted of
D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING...

I dont know if it can be changed i would like it to use my GFX more than my Cpu..

D3DDEVTYPE_HAL means you're actually using your graphics card and the manufacturers drivers to run Direct3D. The counterpart of this (mainly) is D3DDEVTYPE_REF which is the reference rasteriser, written by Microsoft as a sort of 'feature benchmark' that has everything implemented, supposedly correctly and according to the specification of the API.

D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING means that when you create the Direct3D device, it will use your graphics hardware to do the vertex processing (fixed function T&L or vertex shader execution) as opposed to doing these actions on the CPU as with D3DDEVTYPE_HAL

Last edited by BHJ; 12-11-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for them replies people....interesting indeed as i on my current system suffer from low fps 21-30 while traffic is present doesnt matter if its 100% or 10 %..... ( by traffic i mean and only that those damed pickups,cars,buses ONLY those not the ai traffic with trucks i.e liek my rig a truck with a trailer atached or any of the competition , i even managed to get 5 ai truckers with trailers + 4 random ai rigs on map it lasted for 30 seconds and my fps didnt drop below 50 FPS......hm... as opposed to traffic it drops imediately and instantly to below 30 or around 30 dang

AA = 4 aparently after i did a reinstall of rnr i managed to run it with 4x aa.....no missing textures .
AF = x16 from ccc

Also while raining during any time of day i get no fps drop whatsoever it stays at 50-54, it doesnt matter if i got catalyst ai on/standard/advanced doesnt seem to be any difference and i havent got any ctd since i upgraded from 9.8>>9.11, and i too run arma 2 at around 45-50 fps steady with view range around 2900-3200 interesting

and im using the 9.11 catalyst from official ati/amd site...oh well..

Last edited by plolq; 12-11-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHJ View Post
I found some info in a file that It actualy uses D3DDEVTYPE_HAL insted of
D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING...

I dont know if it can be changed i would like it to use my GFX more than my Cpu..

D3DDEVTYPE_HAL means you're actually using your graphics card and the manufacturers drivers to run Direct3D. The counterpart of this (mainly) is D3DDEVTYPE_REF which is the reference rasteriser, written by Microsoft as a sort of 'feature benchmark' that has everything implemented, supposedly correctly and according to the specification of the API.

D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING means that when you create the Direct3D device, it will use your graphics hardware to do the vertex processing (fixed function T&L or vertex shader execution) as opposed to doing these actions on the CPU as with D3DDEVTYPE_HAL
Worth a try?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Smile

So guys. I've bought r'nr' about a week ago and I've already get a gold truckler award (or a golden buffalo as it said in the news), it took me a month of the game time. FPS was about 30-40 average, sometimes 20-25 when I was passing ai trucks (2-3 seconds) and in 1 place in the game was slowing down wery bad ( route 101 between Atascadero and Greenfield).
In video options I have 1024*768 85hz (my monitor doesn't supporte more), texture filtering off, shadows off ( shadows are really poor in the game so I turned it off), 3D clouds off, view distance 4, car detailing 0, raindrops on, HDR off, Blur off (I don't like it), reflections and reflection speed 0 (there's may be some reflections on the rainy road but I haven't seen any in chrome-plated cisterns when cathing it up).
Game is awsomebut Still waiting for the patche (just a russian paradox)
I have e4600 Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 3Gb ram DDR2, 8600GT 512mb, motherboard Asus P5B-MX, Soundcard intagrated Realtec HD.
P.S. I've read a lot of russian forums and understood that if you have Core 2 and 7800GT it's almost enough for R'N'R cause better then 60FPS I haven't seen even on i7 with 2GB of video.

Last edited by drakan; 12-12-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

8600GT runs good then thats great I dont care about super high settings just enough to play on and those cards are nice and cheap now I may have to go buy one now and thaks for the ATI suggestion but I have always used Nvidia

Picked up an 8800GTS 640mb on ebay nice and cheap only £40 pounds and now need to change my PSU for something around 650W saw one i liked on ebuyer only £42 im on my way to getting my PC to play this game or I hope so

Last edited by kennyb87; 12-13-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Solid State Drive anyone?!

Anyone out there running RnR on a SSD?!

I'am about to buy a SSD for running ArmA series on it and other games/progs with fps drops/taking long for starting up.
So, got anyone experiences with RnR installed on a SSD?

The problem might be just the HDD that give us major FPS drops with AI/Citys.
So, anyone can proof that point right here?!

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

im running a XFX hd4870, and although i have not got R'n'R Yet cos im waiting for the english version, i have not found any games where i cannot run everything maxxed, and resolution of 1280 x 1024, i can run crysis Smoothly on Ultra Settings, the card cost me £170 when it was new, originally i bought 2 the same, to run in Crossfire but having 2 made no difference apart from my computer sounded like a helicopter taking off so i sold 1 lol, the rest of my system is as follows for anyone thats interested,

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz and an arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme rev. 2 to keep it cool, ASUS M847T Deluxe Mobo, 8 gig DDR3 1600 MHz OCZ Platinum RAM, 2 x 500gb hdd, 8 x case fans and a zalman digital fan controller to keep them running properly.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

I have installed r'n'r at 60GiB SSD.

Some lags during gameplay are less than a sataII hdd but not so much.
The KI lags are a bug or something like that, imho ...
If i set the KI over "4 points", the game is lagging like hell, but only at night.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroges View Post
i have a nvidia GTX 295 and it runs fine, but the shadows flickering
Turn "OpenGL Tripel Buffer" on and its history.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb87 View Post
8600GT runs good then thats great I dont care about super high settings just enough to play on and those cards are nice and cheap now I may have to go buy one now and thaks for the ATI suggestion but I have always used Nvidia

Picked up an 8800GTS 640mb on ebay nice and cheap only £40 pounds and now need to change my PSU for something around 650W saw one i liked on ebuyer only £42 im on my way to getting my PC to play this game or I hope so
it must be realy crappy psu if you need 650. NO ANY single card needs more than 500W. Of course if it is good quality PSU with strong 12v rails.