Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
Reality is often different though. After dumping hundreds of (insert currency of your choice here) most will never ever leave that game anymore. It's the sad reality when it comes to "free to play" titles and their players.
Whilst I agree with this for games in general I don't think it holds true for flight sims due to the equipment requirement. If you can be bothered buying a joystick (even a cheap one) you are likely willing to try other games.

My own experience was that I bought Wings of Prey as a steam special, got a cheap logitech joystick after a couple of days on the keyboard and then spent an awful lot of time reading about complex engine management. I then discovered IL-2 1946 - I still remember the first time I visited the forum and saw the depth of knowledge. I even remember that there was a 109 vs. Spit flamewar going (not that that narrows it down!) I didn't play WoP after starting up 1946 for the first time.