Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

sorry man, my mistake. I just picked one of saves at level1 without checking it. I remember, since I did not want to spoil the fun and use scanner, that I just went through initial islands to see if there is trap scroll before I started game properly. I am aware of the benefits of the training

i stand by decision of picking the +5mana dragon. To start with, let's agree that bonuses provided by any pet dragon are hardly significant. When picking a pet dragon, you can either increase your strengths (mage = int & mana), improve your weaknesses (mage = rage, def, att) or go for specific build requirements ( +crit for high crit shooters army, +init to dragons for dragons army.) If you look at my current game screenshoot, you can see that with a bit of calculations I can get to 77int, possibly more, so knowing this, +1int from pet dragon does not make much difference. However, problem with mage after casting 3-4 of 40+mana spells is lack of mana. Since "value" of mana for mage is much higher than for any other character, meaning damage he can do per 1 mana, I went for +mana. Also, +5mana helps at the beginning when you try to utilize first ten rounds to work on medals..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mage.jpg (398.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Apology not excepted. Now try some other games until you get same items as here, and this time do training, and pick green dragon cub. Just joking
That +1 int can make huge difference trust me. I managed to make 83 int mage last time, with 2 gloves of destroyer and that 1 int would give me +20% on spells, but there was no chance to get it anywhere in all game Black hole was somewhere 12-20K dmg, so i think with that +1 int can go up to 13-21K.
I just tryed new game to see training bonus and got normal +1 att/def items as every time but got 1 more from first battle - chieftains belt for +1 def/+150 leadership. What a luck, and then i go finish second battle, all in all i got 6 chests, 7 fire arrow for medals, +1att/+2def/+150 leadership which for mage is imba on 2 lvl. Then i go check first lvl in Tower of eventus and find there Fear and Trap spells
So training can be boring and called noob at start of every game but can give some sweet bonuses
I never use KBscaner and since impossible game for mage can be pretty tough, i use at least training and get couple of easy steps to get me started.

On my/ckdamascus conversation about Paladin hero/solo paladin unit 14 battles game any thoughts ?

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-19-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

yes, 20% bonus to spell damage looks good, obviously you mean a breakpoint reached at multiply of 7 of intellect. Still it is 20% to base damage,not overall damage. It is about personal feeling I guess, i am not looking for absolute divine damage with no mana after few rounds, but more balanced mana/int ratio. I happily swap archmage staff for elkonium or get portrait of queen of ice instead of +5int ring. It depends on situation on battlefield; sometimes you need to dish out max damage quickly, sometimes wear down the enemy with demon portals, flame arrows, fear etc, which cost lots of mana over time. If you want really nerve wracking experience try my earlier challenge - how far can you get in the game with single black dragon. I played it in Armored Princess days and killed everything in the game except Baal & Ktahu. Speaking of witch, I might try it myself, since now the game has been made harder by overpowered orcs. There is a cap on astral res - chaos helm + ghost armor + crystal ball =75%. Hmm, if you get very lucky you might get 2 chaos crowns in the game (is it possible?) for extra 10% via gloves of destroyer.

paladins. It is difficult to pass a definite judgment. You see, droids have crappy defence + magic res, but infinite repair which overcomes everything when played properly. Eviln brings back insane numbers of black knights as long as you have mana management organized, but with paladins.. I am worried about their high leadership req. and resurrection skill being to weak, and typical warrior char. mana problems...
Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Your right i was thinking 7 multipyer, since somewhere on forum i saw screenshot of 24K black hole and i just wandered how d hell they managed it.
Solo 1 BD hm . . . doable i think. I have some old save with ghost armor, leather dress, chaos crown and 3lvl medal, and had 82% astral ressistance. But why 1 Bd ? No beneficial spell - cant get medal for ressistances - lower overall available astral ress. Only way to heal him is Gizmo as i can tell. Cant cast Illusion so only way to kill units is to pick places to hit weak unit and some stronger behind it, and w8 for Rain of fire to reset. It`s hard challenge i agree, but prety boring.
Wouldnt 1 Red dragon be better, since you want to test overpowered orcs, just dont use divine armor. Get 3lvl medal for resistances, for healing use only gizmo (when you get it), and for mana regen there`s Magic spring. To match BD magic ress there`s always magic diploma/mage`s cape for 25%/30% so it will be almost the same.
Solo 1 dragon is tough for sure. but it`s also so monotonous I`we read here for EGD inisibility and heavy use illusion spell, for RD stone skin and also illusion, for BD never tried but i guess it`s like i mentioned above fly around , kill enemy with spells and rain of fire.

For paladin hero/paladin unit it would be tricky for sure. But for Paladin class, your Prayer ability and ressurection would be stronger 30%. And basic 30% physical/magic ress and 10% fire, and morale is easily on +2. As you said infinite repair is life saver for droids, and for blackies imba evlin is in no way connected to int of hero, you get 30% revived units no matter do you have 1 or 80 int points it`s such overpowered spell. So lets even things up a bit : 18 fights for solo paladin run (4 more since droid run you skiped 3 fights to get imba Axe of ice 3lvl), So fights could be : Battle academy (to get Holy armor skill), Tomas Torkve (for sword obviously since both droids and blackies have free -leadership% item available), Driller (for his namesake weapon and to fix difference in droids no retaliation bonus from axe) and last fight by your choice, but no Frog or Spider (since they give to high exp boost). This fights would help out with Purifier medal. I would try this myself, but my kiting skills are pretty low

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Your right i was thinking 7 multipyer, since somewhere on forum i saw screenshot of 24K black hole and i just wandered how d hell they managed it.
Solo 1 BD hm . . . doable i think. I have some old save with ghost armor, leather dress, chaos crown and 3lvl medal, and had 82% astral ressistance. But why 1 Bd ? No beneficial spell - cant get medal for ressistances - lower overall available astralress. Only way to heal him is Gizmo as i can tell. Cant cast Illusion so only way to kill units is to pick places to hit waek unit and some stronger behind it, and w8 for Rain of fire to reset. It hard chalange i agree, but preety boring.
Wouldnt 1 Red dragon be better, since you want to test overpowered orcs, just dont use divine armor. Get 3lvl medal for resistances, for healing use only gizmo (when you get it), and for mana regen theres Magic spring. To match BD magic ress there`s alwaus magic diploma/mage`s cape for 25%/30% so it will be almost same.
Solo 1 dragon is tough for sure. but it`s also so monotonus I`we read here for EGD inisibility and heavy use illusion spell, for RD stone skin and also ilusion, for BD never tryed but i guess it`s like i mentioned above fly around , kill enemy with spells and rain of fire.

For paladin hero/paladin unit it would be tricy for sure. But for Paladin class, your Prayer ability and ressurection would be stronger 30%. And basic 30% physical/magic ress and 10% fire, and morale is easily on +2. As you said infinite repair is life saver for droids, and for blackies imba evlin is in no way connected to int of hero, you get 30% revived units no matter do you have 1 or 80 int points it`s such overpowered spell. So lets even things up a bit : 18 fights for solo paladin run (4 more since droid run you skiped 3 fights to get imba Axe of ice 3lvl), So fights could be : Battle academy (to get Holy armor skill), Tomas Torkve (for sword obviously since both droids and blackies have -leadership% item available), Driller (for his namesake weapon and to fix diference in droids no retaliation bonus from axe) and last fight by your chosing, but no Frog or Spider (since they give to high exp boost). This fights would help out with Purifier medal. I would try this but my kiting skills are prety low
It was probably me, because I've done like 28K damage with it at least once.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=16974&page=6

However, note, the spell book claims the maximum damage is only 18.6K, but I am able to EASILY deal far greater than this.

We never did find out WHY this is the case though. As you can see, I did all that mayhem with "merely" 79 intellect.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Damn bugs and errors
The more i try to figure some neat combos and tactics, the more problems i find in this game.
Totaly buged Onslaught skill as you said. Archer ability`s also badly optimized (beholders regular and evil ones count as archer and can get and quick draw bonus/precision spell, but no bonus from archer items). Some units arent counted in any category : spiders cant get morale in any consivable way, troll also (his att is great, but 9% crit is laughable), only 1 unit gets bonus from unused runes, many spells not related to int walue (stone skin, evlin, helplesness . . .), and some in very weird way (resurrection , with 83 int only 4500 hp worth), on other hand dmging spells are so overpowered Black hole, Death satar, Geyser . . . and all mass dmg spells, humanoid class is through the roof with description wood/lake fairies get counterstrike from warriors skill, and troll/ogre/chieftain also how d f..k are those units in same category ? And as you already know black knight/vampires dont get that same bonus
So many problems in this game, so i`ll only ask you this : WHY am i still playing it ?

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Damn bugs and errors
The more i try to figure some neat combos and tactics, the more problems i find in this game.
Totaly buged Onslaught skill as you said. Archer ability`s also badly optimized (beholders regular and evil ones count as archer and can get and quick draw bonus/precision spell, but no bonus from archer items). Some units aret counted in any category : spiders cant get morale in any consivable way, troll also (his att is great, but 9% crit is laughable), only 1 unit gets bonuse from unused runes, many spells not related to int walue (stone skin, evlin, helplesness . . .), and some in very weird way (resurrection , with 83 int only 4500 hp worth), on other hand dmging spells are so overpowered Black hole, Death satar, geyser . . . and all mass dmg spells, humanoid class is through the roof with description wood/alke faries get counterstrike from warriors skill, and troll/ogre/chieftain also how d f..k are tohse units in same category ? And as you already know black knight/vampires dont get that same bonus
So many problems in this game, so i`ll only ask you this : WHY am i still playing it ?
Actually, the archer issues are most likely not really bugs. It is detailed in the "players manual" (sadly, not the official manual), which sub-groups are affected by which items.

It might have been for balance reasons.

Spiders don't need morale. Even so, this is incorrect. The magic shield, S'Karrash allows them to ALWAYS inflict critical damage, and raises speed AND morale by 1 AND does +9 to attack AND defense.

Troll doesn't really need critical that badly, and even then, I was able to crit fairly often with him in the Shrek team. If you really want that critical anyway (don't forget critical lets you do maximum damage, just like bless), you can always doom the enemy.

If you want to play with high intellect Mages, you could highly consider my special Summoner Deluxe Mage build.

Basically, I theorized that the Ancient Phoenix and Dragon of Chaos would dominate the game with Level 3 Summoner and high intellect. I was correct.

The nice part about the summon builds is that they do a "fair" amount of damage, completely disposable, and they benefit from your higher intellect. They draw tremendous aggro too, so you really can use any other unit with the summon team to synergize well.

I think I ended up pairing them with demonologists and rune mages for extra summon mayhem.

I ended the game with the Ancient Phoenix dealing like 23% of all damage. I tried using Ice Orb too... it was "marginally" useful. Heh.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

I know about archer units, i`m only saying that it should be specified in abilities/items what you get form them. Because there 3 types of range units : armed with bows (bowman , elf, hunter, skeleton) , projectile (goblins, catapult, cyclop) , beholders i dont even know wtf they are doing in this category. And then there are items that give bonuss for range dmg units, and every item give bonus to different type of dmg, but in description only saya Archer bonus.
Ok for spider there`s item for morale and 100% crit. Question here is this : wtf item gives morale if you already have 100% crit with it ? Bonus 10% stats for 1-2 lvl spiders is nothing and item give +9 att/def. So why is there morale bonus at all ?
There`s skill for +1morale all races, and +2 to animals/dragons. I only ask why didnt they include spiders and trolls in here somewhere.
For using doom to make crit with trolls not much of an option for warrior/shrek team. It takes 3lvl chaos magic (to make it at least bit usefull to huge stacks of 4th lvl`s enemy) and i almost always have better spell to cast instead to waste spell turn on giving doom to only 1 unit.
I agree with phoenix/chaos dragon plan, but i feel like such pussy hiding behind my imaginary (summoned) units I`m more of warrior-kill 95% of enemy in first turn and then pick up chests and such, or mage-attack with all you have units/spells/summons and then revive dead.
I wish in new patch (if it ever come out onslaught skill would be fixed, and more importantly to developers ot give runic ability to some other units also, not just rune mage which need nerf with it anyway 20 might runes*10% bonus to destruction +240% bonus dmg ??? 20mind runes*7% to revive=280% WTF??? Where did these ppl learn their math ?).
Something around 3-5% bonus to talents would be nice to add to more units like : inqusitors resurrect, fire/poison/magic arrows more dmg with might runes or any other idea that will utilize other units to get bonus from runes in reserve, not just 1 unit in all game

And since this is solo unit run tread, did any1 tried that discussioned Ancient vampire run for 14 battles end game ?

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 04-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I know about archer units, i`m only saying that it should be specified in abilities/items what you get form them. Because there 3 types of range units : armed with bows (bowman , elf, hunter, skeleton) , projectile (goblins, catapult, cyclop) , beholders i dont even know wtf they are doing in this category. And then there are items that give bonuss for range dmg units, and every item give bonus to different type of dmg, but in description only saya Archer bonus.
Ok for spider there`s item for morale and 100% crit. Question here is this : wtf item gives morale if you already have 100% crit with it ? Bonus 10% stats for 1-2 lvl spiders is nothing and item give +9 att/def. So why is there morale bonus at all ?
There`s skill for +1morale all races, and +2 to animals/dragons. I only ask why didnt they include spiders and trolls in here somewhere.
For using doom to make crit with trolls not much of an option for warrior/shrek team. It takes 3lvl chaos magic (to make it at least bit usefull to huge stacks of 4th lvl`s enemy) and i almost always have better spell to cast instead to waste spell turn on giving doom to only 1 unit.
I agree with phoenix/chaos dragon plan, but i feel like such pussy hiding behind my imaginary (summoned) units I`m more of warrior-kill 95% of enemy in first turn and then pick up chests and such, or mage-attack with all you have units/spells/summons and then revive dead.
I wish in new patch (if it ever come out onslaught skill would be fixed, and more importantly to developers ot give runic ability to some other units also, not just rune mage which need nerf with it anyway 20 might runes*10% bonus to destruction +240% bonus dmg ??? 20mind runes*7% to revive=280% WTF??? Where did these ppl learn their math ?).
Something around 3-5% bonus to talents would be nice to add to more units like : inqusitors resurrect, fire/poison/magic arrows more dmg with might runes or any other idea that will utilize other units to get bonus from runes in reserve, not just 1 unit in all game

And since tihs is solo unit run tread, did any1 tried that discussioned Ancient vampire run for 14 battles end game ?
Well, if you haven't noticed by now, there are a lot of missing or bad information in the descriptions for a lot of items.

Regarding the Rune Mage, they buffed them in the latest patch, but forgot to update the info. That is why the math seems off.

I love rune mages.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Yes i know about changed buff to Rune mages, but since they made patch 1.3.1 was it so hard to fix couple lines of text in runemage.lua ? I like them also, but in same time not. Why only 1 of my units gets bonuse from my unused runes (over 80 different units in game, and they buff only 1 by runes in this expansion )
Others are jealous about it