Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update!
Looking forward to see someday walking pilots. So you can theoretically walk back to your aerodrome after bailout and to the next plane.

But I want to point it out one more time: What about tree collision?? We really need this feature
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Question

mmmmmm, i dont see so much simulation in this "ground vehicle control", if you are doing "all simulator", not only flight simulator, first, need, in anti air artilley, a full cliqueable control, change settings of the cannon, ful view, etc..., not only a sight and fire: is ARCADE, not simulation-

and for the tank... and for the tank..., nice external graphics, but only i said nice graphics and effect, allways looking since a plane, like a stuka o 110 for attack in a close pass, nothing more(no t since land): this not have nothing of SIM, only ARC... need to have the full interior of the tank, change setting, clickeable commands, change class of bullets, calibrate the sight, different class of problems in the tanks, give order to you crew, like a bomber. you can not only play the commands of the tank and shoot. that is very very first arcade. not sim.

why i am the only NOT zombie here?!

really don't get it! maybe the real SIM gamer people go away to another sim: rise of flight, dcs, and i am late, standing here, alone, with arcade players, that vote positive this implementing "" new stuff""... omg

nice week
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

2 questions:

-does scoring work differently for tanks etc?

-would it be possible first to drive or be a passanger in a tank/vehicle, exit it near air field, enter a plane and continue playing as pilot? I think this would make some great missions possible (even if knowing how to drive a tank and fly a plane wouldn't be too common IRL
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Love how when someone suggest that they work on alternate MP modes or more content people scream that they want more aircraft, and the devs should only focus on the Flight model and patching the graphics engine.

But show a video about something totally unrelated to flying or the patch and people fall over themselves to give the first "+1" or "thanks devs".
+1 to you my friend

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

THX!

Really like the effects of the blowing up boiler, looks very cool.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Nice feature by adding the tanks, but not really my cup of tea.
I would love to see more improvements on the flightmodels en FPS instead of infantry and tanks. I really thought i bought a flightsim instead of a tanksim
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

My mother! This is degenerating in a useless way! I don't want to disrespect to development, but if indicate that if this I sold to my as a Flight Simulator, because before working in tanks and artillery, the aircraft which is really what matters? If you want to make me happy but a tank Simulator, first to what we sold...not be that way want to follow, but many feel cheated...and stating that I speak on behalf of many, which do not dare to say so for fear of expelled them to the dictatorship that trabe was this implemented in this forum...I like what you do, but everything has its priority, and in this case, they are the aircraft and some bugs, and I want to be able to fly the Bf 108 or He115, because they do not develop these aircraft cabins? to clear! are not interested in truth...to my me cost € 70 my version collector of a flight simulator called IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, not named, PzKpfw IV Ausf A Cliffs of Dover...

Good luck and good luck to us fans of the IL-2 series, among which I am I!

I repeat, I speak on behalf of many people that think like me but does not want to tell...and now...expel me as they are doing lately with everyone who says what he thinks...
OCZ ZX 1250w
ASUS GTX580 DCU II
HDD 4x500Gb Raid0 7200
Cooler Master V8
ZALMAN 6 FAN CONTROL
WARTHOG HOTAS
X52 Pro
TrackIR5
1920x1080HD LED PHILIPS
Old 02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Ground combat? We'll need dismounted infantry.

Thanks for the update and it's great to know that it seems the graphics rewrite is nearly ready for beta release. I hope so, and look forward to finally being able to use the combat flight simulation aspect of this global combat and train simulator.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

I understand very well that the CloD venture needs cash, to continue the development and funding of the series. Tanks are the quickest way to increase the sales, and continue to get our beloved planes and maps. So good luck Ilya and Team.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for the update. Looks like the beta patch will soon be ready. The video you posted is impressive. I am very pleased to see that tank battles now take place at bigger distances, because in IL2 it was often 50m. The Tigers will PWN everything in our online wars. And I might jump into one sometimes also! It looks like a lot of fun. Though I wonder when will ppl start going up the buildings to get to higher ground lol

Bottom line is, recon boys and mudmoving guys have something special to look forward to.

Last edited by carguy_; 02-24-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Closed Thread