Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZzBoMb* View Post
Sorry....Up on the pipeline in Alaska doing repairs so I haven't been able to play for a very long time. We get is a scant few hours of internet time every so many weeks and that is divided among all the guys on the crew. I only get to check out my email and maybe read a thread or two from this forum. I AM screwing the next guy out of his time to write this. BUT, let me tell you, this upsets me because I have been hoodwinked by this before!!!!! I am all for fair play. If you tell me you are working for a trophy or an achievement, BuZz will do what he can to help you. Its all cool, Dude, brothers have helped me out to get where I am. BUT if you are going to fly a bomber where aint supposed to be you get what you F***ing deserve!! I aint a stupid noob. So the first couple o' times I am thinking, "I am being a decent guy, Go ahead and fly your bomber, it's all good." But you take advantage of me and bone me up the Hershey highway with that over and over??!!! Like the greatest American who ever lived, George W. Bush once said, "That isn't right!" And it aint! Play fair or face my wrath! Grow some hair on your nads and fight me like a MAN! The next time I see that B-17 in a game it ain't supposed to be ( Spongebob SquareWANK, can you spell S.T.R.I.K.E.????) I am gonna rocket or even ram your cheating butt like you DESREVE sweetiepie. Bombers in ANYTHING but strike IMHO (unless your are going for a trophy or unlock) is 100% CHEESEBALL play. Your are a PUSSY if you do that. And That my fellow BoP players is BuZz's word. See you in June!!!
Cool it down mate.
The B-17 is no fighter so if you see it in game you do one of two things:
A)Rocket it into many falling pieces
or
B)Leave it alone
I guarantee that either of these options will kill off the desire to use a B-17 in anything but Strike unless that person is a hardcore fan. If they are a hardcore fan option A is how to do it. You probably don't need this lesson as I doubt that you are a noob but deliberate ramming? One you won't win as it deducts from your side's points and two, not fun for either of you.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

I agree with buzz when i see a b17 in a dog fight i no longer care about winning i make it my sole perpose in life to kill it over and over so that 1. it wont win by killing noobs and 2.it will get so pissed it will never fly it with me in the game again
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
I agree with buzz when i see a b17 in a dog fight i no longer care about winning i make it my sole perpose in life to kill it over and over so that 1. it wont win by killing noobs and 2.it will get so pissed it will never fly it with me in the game again
Yes kill noobs who fly the 17 and think they're so good but sole purpose in life? Perhaps going a bit far?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

no kill the b17 who thinks they are going to win by killing noobs who fly behind them
Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickandgoose View Post
no kill the b17 who thinks they are going to win by killing noobs who fly behind them
they deserve to a. die for doing so and b. learn the lesson of correct attack angles.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

no not too far. if you fly that plane in a team battle...you put your team -1. and that isnt fair to them. in a df what are you trying to prove? i can almost see it in cta but there are better bombers to fly and again you put your team at a disadvantage of -1. now if everyone is screwing off and flying weird crap then by all means. we have gotten bored and had Po-2 dogfights. but by and large i have seem more people get pissed by someone flying a bomber when they shouldnt.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
they deserve to a. die for doing so and b. learn the lesson of correct attack angles.
maybe so but i refuse to let a b17 win a DF if i am in the game
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
no not too far. if you fly that plane in a team battle...you put your team -1. and that isnt fair to them. in a df what are you trying to prove? i can almost see it in cta but there are better bombers to fly and again you put your team at a disadvantage of -1. now if everyone is screwing off and flying weird crap then by all means. we have gotten bored and had Po-2 dogfights. but by and large i have seem more people get pissed by someone flying a bomber when they shouldnt.
In a team battle it is not the plane to use no. Bombers in team battle are a major teram disadvantage and just irritate people. With that I agree.

In Dogfight however, I am not trying to "prove" anything, I am just trying to do as well as I can. For some reason I struggle to shoot down a turning plane even with the forestalling and thus I have forced myself into using a plane where planes mostly fly at in straight lines. I also use it so that if I cannot shake an opponent (in a fighter) I have a method of defense. If in a fighter without such defensive armanent I just get burned.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

getting burned is a part of the learning curve if you are consistently using a tailgunner how will you ever learn to dogfight.I will repeatedly attack any bombers in DM TDM &CTA except the il10(T34)which i will just ignore
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

dogfighting isnt just getting on someone's six and taking them down...or learning the fine art of deflection shooting. a large part of it is, especially in this game, is evading someone who is on your tail. getting away to fight another battle OR if you can turn the situation around and get them in your sites...that's the stuff you will never learn that with a tail gunner. we all have had our time being flamed over and over again. like themeistor said...that my dear boy, is just part of the territory and yes it is frustrating until you learn...but the sooner you start the sooner you will get better at it.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 01-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.