Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 02-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrek View Post
More turrets is a good option early game since most fights are vs fighters and the heavy guns don't really get used.
One of the things that always struck me as odd in the Star Wolves 3 campaign is just how little the heavy guns are used. You tend to not fight capital ships until late game and by then your fighters already have enough firepower to deal with the problem anyway.

Of course, I attempted to rectify this somewhat with the Fleet Mod.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

@Nanaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Getting back into modding capital ships some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViralHatred View Post
Is it possible to mod the ramadanta back ingame? I'd like to get it to replace the Astarte if at all possible?

You can certainly try it. Although, it will be crappier than the Astarte since it will not have any big guns.
So Nanaki you see my love of the Ramadanta's 5 turret slots after all!

@nocalora29

I tested the changes and can verify that Bryna & KT work correctly now. Ace's template is the correct one. The Ramadanta has a fixed template. However I still cannot dock with it.

I did run into a problem when I was unpacking the Expansion Mod (See Attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (3.37 MB, 7 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 06:27 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Are you sure you didn't move the archive while it was unpacking?.

The docking issue happened to me also a few times, Theres an Simple solution for that: Go into another system and go back.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

I've unpacked it from the download and from a saved version and both are missing that file.

Leaving the system fixed the docking problem, thank you.

Also, in this version I no longer get that gibberish on the main screen so kudos there!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Wonderful, love it when my fixing work actually does Work and doesn't break additional stuff ^^.

You could try to manually copy the folder from the Archive "Scripts\include\starrover_mk1\Ist\" to your Game's "Data\Scripts\include\starrover_mk1\Ist\".

But afterall this shouldn't be an problem if the "Ist" Folder allready exists there.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 02-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

I looked into the zip and found a folder "Scripts\include\starrover_mk1\Ist\Sound". My game files also have that folder.

Judging from the error message I attached earlier, I think there was supposed to be a file in that folder but on both the zip and my HD, the "sound" folder is empty.

As a test I bought all the fighters that are in GW's list at the maintenance station. I did come across an error regarding the Cavalier and the Butcher. When I attempted to place either one in a hanger slot I received the following pop-up in Russian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (3.49 MB, 10 views)
Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Darn it, Its hard to keep out searching for these Russian texts, I Will edit this post with an Fix when I get it done tho.

That is correct, the sound folder is also Empty in the original Engine Patch & GUI Mod from StarRover Team / Valv_id. So its Ok I suppose, just Ignore the message in future Versions of the Mod.

EDIT

@Lotrek:

Still working on Russian stuffs.

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-12-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

nocalora29 I feel kinda bad coming back with more but you asked for it!

I did a full test of GW's Mothership mod and found the following:

All Pilots have the correct templates!

The Bastard fighter has a slot for missiles but when I tried to equip it I got "This device cannot be installed in this socket"

The following "Other" Motherships have no interior template - the good ole "Scanning Process Aborted: Unknown Source" :

Stone Arrow, Portal Transport, Alien Dreadnaught, Alien Frigate, Chimera, Super Chimera, Phoenix, Angor Frigate.

I was unable to buy major caliber turrets - Option 13 Mothership Equipment. When I attempt to buy them I just get "[Wizzy] Make your selection..." No credit deduction, no inventory item. Subsequently, I was unable to test the Silver Arrow's 2 slots.

Hope this helps and thank you for the work you are doing to keep the game alive!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:54 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Alright, I will look into it, Thanks.

Could you post also the Log files somewhere or Upload them when things like these occur?, Especially when Dialog options aren't working, Since they just call functions from the lua files from the Game. would help me alot

These 2 files are important
LOGfile.txt
And
ScriptErrors.log

The Others motherships never Were supposed to have GUI Slots, but I can also make some for them, could be pretty hard on the Dreadnaught tho, but I will try.

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-11-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOG FILES.zip (7.5 KB, 2 views)