Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranac View Post
^ +1
will the gtx560 Ti
play Clod well.
easy answer YES!

i've got one and are with my system getting between 45 en 78 fps.
Using ingame AA wich now workes cost me 20 fps using Nvidia AA doesnt seem to cost anything.
In game AA is slightly better as the on screen text is not antialiast.
In both cases the game is smooth. wich is the important thing.
I dont give a !@#$% about FPS if the game is stuttering or freezing.
I do get more CMD's with the patch first i played for three hours straight without one now i'm getting them every 20 min.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to remark about the ctd's mentioned in this thread: Most of those are probably actually Windows 7 errors and can sometimes be recognized by "The Graphics Driver has stopped working and was restarted".
I have this error sometimes 3 to 4 times shortly after starting CoD, forcing me each time to restart the game, when i start it then again, i can play for hours.
The same happens with ArmA 2, but not that often and not that regularily.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

I had that problem robtek, I fixed it by reinstalling the graphics drivers from disk then auto updating via steam... You have to install the full suite though. Do not install the CCC.

ASUS EAH 6850CU

I think CCC and AMD Vision Engine Center were conflicting... but I really have no idea.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 05-09-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker68 View Post
Solution:
DON'T USE WINZIP. Try with 7Zip or WinRAR. Winzip doesn't correctly unzip the patch, although you get no error during the operation.

I've posted this on this thread and sent a message to blackSix so they can put this advise right in the first post, but I guess they didn't.
WOW!! Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Many thanks!!!!!
Did I mention, thanks? Your suggestion took care of the problem, Joker.If you happen by the Doghouse for the AKA sometime, the drinks are on me!!
http://www.akawardogs.net/

I sure appreciate your help.

AKA_Goshawk
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
I'd like to remark about the ctd's mentioned in this thread: Most of those are probably actually Windows 7 errors and can sometimes be recognized by "The Graphics Driver has stopped working and was restarted".
I have this error sometimes 3 to 4 times shortly after starting CoD, forcing me each time to restart the game, when i start it then again, i can play for hours.
The same happens with ArmA 2, but not that often and not that regularily.
Robotk mine are all Launcher.exe crashes othing to do with the videodriver would be nice if it was tho
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Online dogfighting with CoD is the best fun I've ever had with a flight sim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonte View Post
Wait 'till you try World of Planes, you might change your mind..
Uhhhmmmm, NO!

Look what the developer of World of Planes says here:
http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_522a.html

"Erik: Will pilots be able to experience the fight from inside a cockpit? If so, will the gauges be accurate?

Anton: The game will feature the third-person camera view as the main one. Besides, players will be able to switch to a sniper mode that will in some way resemble the cockpit view, but it will be used to increase the accuracy of fire, not just to show how operating of the plane looks like from inside of the cabin. Although there won’t be a cockpit view, the user interface (UI) will have a universal set of essential cockpit flight instruments: a combined display for horizon and turn indicators, airspeed indicator, radio and barometric altimeter, etc"

..... - So, no real cockpit, but instead they have "SNIPER MODE"??

- "That will in some way resemble the cockpit view, but it will be used to increase the accuracy of fire, not just to show how operating of the plane looks like from inside of the cabin."

- Wauw, Sniper mode instead of that boring old cockpit view....

I will stick with CoD, thanks...
Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Uhhhmmmm, NO!

Look what the developer of World of Planes says here:
http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_522a.html

"Erik: Will pilots be able to experience the fight from inside a cockpit? If so, will the gauges be accurate?

Anton: The game will feature the third-person camera view as the main one. Besides, players will be able to switch to a sniper mode that will in some way resemble the cockpit view, but it will be used to increase the accuracy of fire, not just to show how operating of the plane looks like from inside of the cabin. Although there won’t be a cockpit view, the user interface (UI) will have a universal set of essential cockpit flight instruments: a combined display for horizon and turn indicators, airspeed indicator, radio and barometric altimeter, etc"

..... - So, no real cockpit, but instead they have "SNIPER MODE"??

- "That will in some way resemble the cockpit view, but it will be used to increase the accuracy of fire, not just to show how operating of the plane looks like from inside of the cabin."

- Wauw, Sniper mode instead of that boring old cockpit view....

I will stick with CoD, thanks...
Thats the dev of "world of WAR Planes" Not World of planes.
And if Clod stays like it is currently almost everyone will leave it in the shelve and plan World of planes once it comes out. Sadly.

Winger
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Well, I for one have not bought the game, and will not buy the game until it works correctly. I've waited countless years since IL2, I suppose I can just keep on waiting. In fact, I suggest they re-release the game when it is really finished to give it a possibility of getting some kind of good review. Like a "Cliffs of Dover, 2012? Edition". Well I was excited about the patch, I still am holding out hope though.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Don't mix up these two different games:

- wargaming.net World of Warplanes (that's just for kiddys)

- Gaijin World of Planes from the devs of Wings of Prey (might become an alternative to CloD)
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Back OT! Ok, the patch made a small but noticeable difference to my mid-level rig; however, combined with the 'rename the intro video' fix that was also mentioned, I have an almost playable CoD!!

I have maxed out my resolution to 1920x1020 with most settings to high and it runs soooooooo much smoother than before. I am getting quite a few ctds now where I had none before, but heyho, can't have everything!

Keep up the good work devs, we are (slowly) getting there....